Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/8/2001 2:09:38 AM EDT
I wear mine regularly....

For the longest time, its seemed that no one noticed.... no big deal!

Lately, maybe due to recent events, i've gotten lots of looks and have even started a few conversations.

It seems that some of the people i've talked to seem to be in favor on the 2nd Amend.

It make me wonder what public opinion is now in light of recent events.

One conversation I remember in particular was with a salesman at a place I buy tools at. He has some knowledge of firearms but never owned any of his own. Now he is seriously considering purchasing firearms.

What are your experiences????
Link Posted: 10/8/2001 2:24:36 AM EDT
[#1]
I would wear mine proudly, but they don't offer them in XXXL, so I have to resort to my NRA cap. I haven't noticed anything different. Soccer moms still look at me like I'm a baby killer.
Link Posted: 10/8/2001 2:36:08 AM EDT
[#2]
Proudly.
Link Posted: 10/8/2001 3:10:55 AM EDT
[#3]
I don't wear mine to work, but I do wear mine everywhere else. I did get someone wanting to shake my hand for wearing the 2nd Ammendment T-shirt in such a liberal bookstore, and the Canadian SWAT teams did give me a double take in the airport after I had been diverted there 9/11.
Link Posted: 10/8/2001 4:02:53 AM EDT
[#4]
as often as I can.  Even to work, last week.  

They all know I'm a gun enthusiast anyway.  I've got pictures of me firing an MP5/40 and my AR all over my cubicle wall, and a polished round of 5.56 next to my monitor.  Used to have a full stripper on my desk, but decided that I was pushing my luck at my extremely PC office.  Keep expecting the HR director to come and ask me to take them down, but noone has yet...  

wannabe
Link Posted: 10/8/2001 4:42:55 AM EDT
[#5]
Yes.
Link Posted: 10/8/2001 4:48:02 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 10/8/2001 4:48:02 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 10/8/2001 4:49:21 AM EDT
[#8]
Yes, indeed, and [u]not[/u] just to gun shows where I know I'll be around like-minded folks, either. But everywhere!

Right after I first got my two, I wore one to the WallyWorld in Frisco, Texas.

As I'm leaving the check-out stand, another cashier, a mere lad of eighteen or so, says,
'Hey, Mister, I like your shirt.' Whereupon we exchange a few words about the 2nd Amendment and he says he can't wait to buy his first gun.

[u]That's[/u] reason enough to wear your t-shirt - to let others know that they're not alone in their beliefs!

Eric The(PreachingToTheFrontRow)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 10/8/2001 4:57:30 AM EDT
[#9]
Yeah, but I live in a rural area so it really does'nt get the attention it should.  I've had several people comment on the "coolness" factor though.  If only you guys would have let me go with the skull with bullet holes in it!LOL[:)]
Link Posted: 10/8/2001 5:03:46 AM EDT
[#10]
Yes, thank you again, CIB, for your help in our 'struggle.' Will there ever be a Part Deux, or did the first go-around pretty much teach you a lesson?

Hun-Baby[>]:)]
Link Posted: 10/8/2001 5:07:07 AM EDT
[#11]
Send me one and I'll wear it. Can I get my screen name on it too? Better put a target on the back while you're at it cause there are several people who'd want to use it around here. Hmmm,,, go figure [:D]
Link Posted: 10/8/2001 5:24:09 AM EDT
[#12]
Yes, even to work on casual Friday's. [smoke]
Link Posted: 10/8/2001 5:46:56 AM EDT
[#13]
Yes, but the FAL shirt gets more looks
I like the "Right Arm For The Free World" bit underneath.
Link Posted: 10/8/2001 6:09:31 AM EDT
[#14]
I wear it out quite often.  I also wear it to work on casual Friday on occasion.  I haven't gotten any comments yet, except at a gun show when a vendor noticed it and said, "Hey, we got one of those rifles!"  It was on his display table, but was behind some boxes or something, so I hadn't noticed it.  Pretty sharp little rifle.  [:)]
Link Posted: 10/8/2001 6:11:27 AM EDT
[#15]
YUP.

Link Posted: 10/8/2001 6:20:45 AM EDT
[#16]
Yes... I've worn that and my Campy Bob's Bulletfest shirt to work in addition to out and about.

Funny story... the first night my boyfriend stayed the night he asked to borrow a t-shirt to wear home.  I lent him my AR15.com shirt... he's been lurking ever since. [;)]  
Link Posted: 10/8/2001 6:24:23 AM EDT
[#17]
Absolutely, even here at college.
Link Posted: 10/8/2001 6:35:01 AM EDT
[#18]
Absolutely!!!

ColtShorty

GOA KABA COA JPFO SAF NRA

"I won't be wronged,  I won't be insulted
and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do
these things to other people and I require
the same from them."
Link Posted: 10/8/2001 6:42:13 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 10/8/2001 6:46:30 AM EDT
[#20]
Post from MissMagnum -
Funny story... the first night my boyfriend stayed the night he asked to borrow a t-shirt to wear home.
View Quote

Yes, that's a very good story! Would you like to share any other stories about that particular night? You [u]are[/u] among friends, you know.

Just consider 'us' as your closet girlfriend and confidante, and just 'Let go.' [:D]

Eric The(TrustMe,We'reAllEars!)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 10/8/2001 6:56:01 AM EDT
[#21]
I havent ogt hte shirt yet but I do wear onther shirts similar like my HK shirt with a pic of a MP-5 "When lives are at stake leave nothing to chance" - great at my martial arts dojo or the market.
Link Posted: 10/8/2001 8:09:16 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 10/8/2001 8:17:21 AM EDT
[#23]
I wear mine as often as I can.
I may order another.
Link Posted: 10/8/2001 8:17:21 AM EDT
[#24]
I ordered mine [b]specifically[/b] to wear to work, where my boss (an ex-LEO) has this wierd idea that guns are evil and we need to depend on the LEOs to defend us through life. I plan on wearing it just to see his reaction !  I am so glad he is no longer in Law enforcement.
Link Posted: 10/8/2001 8:23:47 AM EDT
[#25]
Time for me to buy one- how long does it take to get one, once the payment has been received?
Link Posted: 10/8/2001 8:32:32 AM EDT
[#26]
Yeah, I remember something about those, but never got around to finding out about them.  Where do we look?

My old principal saw my Strider Knives shirt and asked if I new them.  We got talking about knives in general.  People tend to look funny at me when I wear an HK shirt or my GE minigun shirt, but its my right, so forget them.
Ice
Link Posted: 10/8/2001 8:36:54 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I would wear mine proudly, but they don't offer them in XXXL, so I have to resort to my NRA cap. I haven't noticed anything different. Soccer moms still look at me like I'm a baby killer.
View Quote

I feel your pain, bro'.  You know what they say, though. "Life aint easy when your fat and greasy".

I've got a few gun related shirts that I've picked up at gun shows, but by far the one I've got that gets the most dirty looks is my

Christian
                American
               Heterosexual
                 Pro Gun
               Conservative
          [i] any questions? [/i]

I usually get approval from older folks, cops, military and obviously gun owners.

I didn't get it to target gays, but by far it's the butt pirates and carpet munchers that are the most offended. [:D]
Link Posted: 10/8/2001 8:46:40 AM EDT
[#28]
I ordered one for my wife and she loves it. She wears it in WalMart. But, what does she know, she also from time to time wears a "East German BDU Jacket" with the "Insignia's" still on it. She bought that at the last gunshow (complete uniform).
Link Posted: 10/8/2001 1:49:10 PM EDT
[#29]
I wear mine once a week...

I've noticed that more men tend to make eye contact and give a nod of greeting... soccer moms don't seem to know how to take it....
Link Posted: 10/8/2001 2:05:41 PM EDT
[#30]
Yes regularly.  [sniper]
Link Posted: 10/8/2001 3:20:02 PM EDT
[#31]
I have 4 Team AR-15.com shirts, and wear them frequently. I wore one when I toured the White House August 4th of this year. While talking to one of the Secret Service guys he eyeballed it, but didn't comment.
Link Posted: 10/8/2001 5:15:23 PM EDT
[#32]
Hell yes! I even wear it to college! Plus I like to wear my GOA shirt("Its not a right its a Privilege".

BTW, DesertRider: Were do you get one of those shirts? College is an investation of the opposite of everything on those shirts, so I REALLY want to get one.[:D]
Link Posted: 10/8/2001 5:37:52 PM EDT
[#33]
Well, Mr.theHun the thought has crossed my mind in the last week or so.  What do you guys think?  At least if I did do it again I now know a simpler way.  I'm a little iffy 'cause I've got a new family member due the end of November, and they are serious high maintainance the first couple of months.  But if we/I was to get some serious interest I could be convinced I suppose.  I'd need to contact Mr. Avila and GB to get clearance, oh, would I need to offer up some new designs this time, or go with the previous one?
Link Posted: 10/8/2001 5:42:08 PM EDT
[#34]
The old design's just fine by me.[:D]

But we've gotten so many new members since last time, I 'spect you could ask for amendments, new designs, whatever!

Eric The(YouMightWantToWait'TilAfterTheHolidays,SinceYouGotTheNewFamilyMemberComing,BTW,Congrats!)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 10/8/2001 5:43:22 PM EDT
[#35]
definately planning on getting one after my AR build is complete.. (money is tight)...BUT, what I get a kick out of is the reactions the shirts my 7 year old daughter now wears. MY old shirts from high school...her new "shooting shirt" is the black tee with the skull and crossed rifles, simply states "SNIPER", then flanked by "Mess with the best", "Die like the rest" and under it..."ONE SHOT, ONE KILL"
My favorite was the lady at the restaurant we went to one afternoon, she was about 65-70 y.o., stops my daughter as we were leaving to read her shirt....I simply said "it's her shooting shirt", my daughter said nothing, the look on the lady's face was priceless. I was of course standing there in my British DPM camo field jacket.

I don't think she's ready for the "Darkness can be your friend" series.

Link Posted: 10/8/2001 5:46:32 PM EDT
[#36]
CIB,
The old design is great with me, both of the shirts I ordered need replacing because I wear them so often.
BTW, I want to thank you again for doing this for us the first time.
Link Posted: 10/8/2001 5:52:29 PM EDT
[#37]
I think I'll take ErictheHun's advice, we'll tenatively say it's a [i]go[/i], but I'll wait 'til the first of the year things should be in a routine by then. So don't let me mess around and forget.  And don't for god's sake spend all your money at Christmas![;)]
Link Posted: 10/8/2001 5:55:21 PM EDT
[#38]
I havent checked the merch forum but are the long sleeve T`s still avail? I like the design but I hate long sleeve shirts, esp in SoCal.
Are you guys talking aboot the polo shirts or T`s?
Link Posted: 10/8/2001 6:14:58 PM EDT
[#39]
Here's a vote for another round of shirts!
I'd get one more for sure in XL, maybe more.

I wear mine in town (blue collar and retiree community), as well as the Hippie/Dreadlock town where I teach me survival class at the university (I wear it during class too).

I've only had good comments, and I haven't noticed any "bad looks", yet.  I  will have to check with my brother and my friend in Texas to see if they've been wearing the ones I sent them.
Link Posted: 10/8/2001 6:22:19 PM EDT
[#40]
CIB, Thanks again. I like the old style.

And so far I have not had 1 person realize that
my rifle is superimposed in reverse.

Link Posted: 10/8/2001 6:27:32 PM EDT
[#41]
I have the long sleeve [b][i]TEAM AR15.COM[/i][/b] shirt.  I just started wearing it, since it have been getting cooler.

Today I received Freds the M14 Stock Guy's [b][i]Rifleman[/i][/b] t-shirt.  

[url]www.fredsm14stocks.com/catalog/acc.asp[/url]

[red][i]Rifleman T-Shirt - Definition of Rifleman on front, along with a no-nonsense Rifleman; on the rear, Ben Franklin slogan (had he thought about it): Shooting - the only sport endorsed by the Founding Fathers - an American Tradition Gray w/black lettering. NOW! Military green/brown w/black lettering - specify in comments section if you want the military color. [/i][/red]

OSA

Link Posted: 10/8/2001 6:33:02 PM EDT
[#42]
Post from CIB -
I think I'll take ErictheHun's advice...
View Quote

You know, the world would be a whole lot better place, if more people would just take the Hun's advice.[:D]

Eric The(ButNoooo,Ya'llGottaQuestionMyWisdom!)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 10/8/2001 8:01:19 PM EDT
[#43]
i wear mine to school, my princable is a leftist manwhore. he hasnt chanlanged me on it yet. i also make a point ot waer it to gun shows or shooting events. sometimes the upperclass shotgunners give me dirty looks.
Link Posted: 10/8/2001 10:50:34 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

I feel your pain, bro'.  You know what they say, though. "Life aint easy when your fat and greasy".

I've got a few gun related shirts that I've picked up at gun shows, but by far the one I've got that gets the most dirty looks is my

Christian
                American
               Heterosexual
                 Pro Gun
               Conservative
          [i] any questions? [/i]

I usually get approval from older folks, cops, military and obviously gun owners.

I didn't get it to target gays, but by far it's the butt pirates and carpet munchers that are the most offended. [:D]
View Quote

Hey, no grease here!

If you’re a white dude and you really want to piss them off, change American to "European-American" or something along those lines. Hyphenated nationality isn't allowed for those of European descent.
Link Posted: 10/11/2001 1:32:15 AM EDT
[#45]
BTT, Why?

I have irregular internet access due to a dispute with my ISP. I have to check this at work some and sometimes its a few days before I can read it.

I would also like to order more shirts CIB!

I'll check the merchandise forum to see if the info is posted there. Thanks!

Link Posted: 10/11/2001 4:58:26 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
i wear mine to school, my princable is a leftist manwhore. he hasnt chanlanged me on it yet. i also make a point ot waer it to gun shows or shooting events. sometimes the upperclass shotgunners give me dirty looks.
View Quote

Not to flame but,,,,,STAY IN SCHOOL!!  From the above it looks like you need it. Try and pay attention in ENGLISH CLASS!!! ( or perhaps keyboarding 101 )  Note if you are only in grade school please ignore this post.
Link Posted: 10/11/2001 6:28:51 AM EDT
[#47]
Whatever happened to those Spec Ops shirts that I remember seeing in the eighties.

SEALS, "DEATH FROM BELOW"

AIRBORNE, "DEATH FROM ABOVE"

etc.

Anyone know where I can get some of those??

Benjamin
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top