Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/19/2006 8:56:32 AM EDT
Can't say I can complain here....On average I get about 150K a year. (Through bonus programs, credit cards ect.)

That's usually 2 round trip firstclass and a round trip coach ticket, beats paying for them. (Alaska Airlines & Horizon Air) otherwise it's just usually 2 coach tickets through Delta.

I know quite a few people that that tons of airline miles and don't use them...

Link Posted: 4/19/2006 9:06:01 AM EDT
[#1]
I mainly fly Southwest.  

Between the tickets I get from them,
I occasionally transfer my hotel points to Southwest tickets,
and use them to fly to training classes or for my mom to visit
from Chicago.

I'll use them to fly to sites occasionally if the client is really
balking on cost.
Link Posted: 4/19/2006 9:10:16 AM EDT
[#2]
Yep two free tickets to St. Thomas to get married last October.

Link Posted: 4/19/2006 9:11:31 AM EDT
[#3]
Yes.

I just used 90,000 worth.  
Link Posted: 4/19/2006 9:12:58 AM EDT
[#4]
Yes I do.  Next trip is anywhere Delta flies for Miz LWilde and me.
Link Posted: 4/19/2006 9:14:51 AM EDT
[#5]

Nope, no longer fly. Use a cash back card.
Link Posted: 4/19/2006 9:17:46 AM EDT
[#6]
I used to travel a lot for work and accumulate crazy miles between airline, rental car, hotel, credit card miles, etc.  At one time I had accumulated almost 1/4 million miles on my AA and Delta accounts.  My wife and I used to take 10-14 day first class vacation every year on those milages and still have some left over to use to upgrade on business flights.      

Now, I don't travel so much... I don't miss it.
Link Posted: 4/19/2006 9:31:27 AM EDT
[#7]
I had been accumulating my miles for a long time as I don't fly all that much anymore. I use them every now and then but not very often. Well, the family decided that we were going to go to Disney World so I though, here's the chance to use some miles.

I gave my AA account info to my wife and showed her the web site. I figured "good luck" in being able to find any Advantage seats to Disney World.

Well, she called me at work at said that she found some seats and had everything set up for the trip. I'm figuring hey, that's great.

Well a few days before we left, I happend to look at the reservations.....FIRST CLASS!! AHHHHH!

175,000 mile! Damn near all I had left to take two adults and a five year old to see Mickey. That could have been a family trip to Europe!!! Was really hard to keep my mouth shut....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top