User Panel

Page / 6
Link Posted: 1/26/2012 8:50:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Hitler was a non-drinker.
Link Posted: 1/26/2012 8:51:05 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Non drinker here. Why all the hate? How does that affect you?

No hate, just distrust.

Link Posted: 1/26/2012 8:51:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:

No hate, good sir. It affects me none at all, and if you're happy, I'm happy!  But I'd never lend you money or tell you a secret.

I can certainly live with that my good fellow.....as I need no money and cannot keep a secrete.
Link Posted: 1/26/2012 8:51:49 PM EDT
[#4]
im almost 26 and have never drank...   and it seems im the only person i know who hasnt totally fucked someone over.. and everyone i know drinks... so thats somethign to think about.
Link Posted: 1/26/2012 8:52:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Most inmates don't drink.
Link Posted: 1/26/2012 8:53:00 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

im almost 26 and have never drank...   and it seems im the only person i know who hasnt totally fucked someone over.. and everyone i know drinks... so thats somethign to think about.

You need to get better friends.

Link Posted: 1/26/2012 8:53:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Quoted:

No hate, just distrust.  

Can you be more specific? My customers sure trust me...especially at 9pm when the heat is down on 40 units.
Link Posted: 1/26/2012 8:54:19 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

But you cuss. Better than nothing, for sure!
Link Posted: 1/26/2012 8:54:31 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

No hate, just distrust.  

Can you be more specific? My customers sure trust me...especially at 9pm when the heat is down on 40 units.

No sorry, I can't be more specific.

Link Posted: 1/26/2012 8:56:10 PM EDT
[#10]
I had to quit for medical reasons for a few months not too long ago and wondered how anybody could be happy with alcohol in their life.

I got the go ahead and could drink again, and now wonder how anybody can be happy without alcohol in their life.
Link Posted: 1/26/2012 8:56:29 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No hate, good sir. It affects me none at all, and if you're happy, I'm happy!  But I'd never lend you money or tell you a secret.

I can certainly live with that my good fellow.....as I need no money and cannot keep a secret.

SEE! You've made my point!

Get hammered and pull some boners. You'll get good at keeping secrets when the blackmail starts flowing.
Link Posted: 1/26/2012 8:57:30 PM EDT
[#12]

I'm on a recent health kick and swore off all alcohol. (eating salads, running, etc.)

However, I'm seeing articles and research on the internet about the benefits of moderate consumption of alcohol (1-2 drinks per day max, like the Europeans), and how that's better for you in the long term than total abstention.

So I'm pondering adding a single glass of red wine to my daily intake, taking it like I would a multivitamin or other supplement. So I wouldn't be a complete teetotaler, plus I cuss like a Sailor.

Link Posted: 1/26/2012 8:59:40 PM EDT
[#13]
Don't drink here.
Cost vs benefits analysis always wins.

Why would  you care about someone who doesn't want to do something that makes them poorer, dumber, less aware, etc.Their choice.  Reminds me of someone who mocks fit people or intellectuals due to their ineptitudes in the corresponding department.
Who gives a shit I guess. I've seen what alcohol can do to a person/family.
Link Posted: 1/26/2012 9:01:03 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I can certainly live with that my good fellow.....as I need no money and cannot keep a secret.

Get hammered and pull some boners. You'll get good at keeping secrets when the blackmail starts flowing.

I drank for many years and thankfully refrained from pulling any boners........
Link Posted: 1/26/2012 9:02:57 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You know, that's the second time I've used that term on this forum, and got the same response the first time.

You don't drink ANYMORE. So you're good to go.

Link Posted: 1/26/2012 9:03:01 PM EDT
[#16]
I havent had a drink for about 11 years this month actually.  But I just started drinking again to gain arfcoms trust.
Link Posted: 1/26/2012 9:06:12 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Don't drink here.

Why would  you care about someone who doesn't want to do something that makes them poorer, dumber, less aware, etc. Reminds me of someone who mocks fit people or intellectuals due to their ineptitudes.

Link Posted: 1/26/2012 9:06:46 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Don't drink here.

Why would  you care about someone who doesn't want to do something that makes them poorer, dumber, less aware, etc. Reminds me of someone who mocks fit people or intellectuals due to their ineptitudes.

http://troll.me/images/the-most-interesting-monster-in-the-world/indeed-that-is-a-good-point.jpg

What is blinker fluid?

Link Posted: 1/26/2012 9:09:34 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You know, that's the second time I've used that term on this forum, and got the same response the first time.

You don't drink ANYMORE. So you're good to go.

I quite clearly remember waking up next to a 2/3 gone bottle of Glenfiddich and instantly thinking to myself....hey, I think I'm STILL hammered!!!!

There was little to compare to the perfectly tuned buzz.....being right in the zone. Not plastered drunk, but just right.
Link Posted: 1/26/2012 9:17:37 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
What someone decides not to drink has no bearing whatsoever on trust.  

Whether I trust someone or not does not depend on what they drink...
Link Posted: 1/26/2012 9:18:49 PM EDT
[#21]
Really? Bad cliches abound, "dont trust a man who wont drink".  Im not following here, maybe they just dont like the shit. I hate beer, hate it. Plus, due to job and child i rarely get to drink, and when i can i usually go the pepsiholic route. Oh well guess i cant be trusted.
Link Posted: 1/26/2012 9:20:13 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Don't drink here.

http://troll.me/images/the-most-interesting-monster-in-the-world/indeed-that-is-a-good-point.jpg

What is blinker fluid?  

Blinker fluid? Pretty self explanatory. You can get some here.

They also sell other useful products like a radiator insulator.
Link Posted: 1/26/2012 9:21:42 PM EDT
[#23]
I have no strong opinions about people who don't drink. I do find them a little frustrating, like dealing with people who don't like guns, or who don't like video games. It makes it harder for me to share things I enjoy with them.

Link Posted: 1/26/2012 9:23:01 PM EDT
[#24]
Ignore the crappy animation.

Link Posted: 1/26/2012 9:23:18 PM EDT
[#25]
No,they looks  suspicious .
Link Posted: 1/26/2012 9:23:51 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Don't drink here.

What is blinker fluid?  

Blinker fluid? Pretty self explanatory. You can get some here.

They also sell other useful products like a radiator insulator.

Link Posted: 1/26/2012 9:24:49 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

I'm not talking about trusting drunks or alcoholics either. But people who don't drink alcohol because they believe it makes them lack moral fiber or they really believe it can kill you or poison your body. I don't trust them, I find them shifty and generally dishonest. What does the hive think?

Dave_A was a virgin too.

Only guy I ever ran across with that spiel.

Would I trust him? Hard to say, never met him.

I doubt he'd help me hide a body though, probably would call The Man.

Link Posted: 1/26/2012 9:25:23 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I can deal with that over someone who doesn't fuckin cuss every now and then. Never trusted a man that doesn't curse.

Meh, I don't curse.
Link Posted: 1/26/2012 9:25:46 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Ignore the crappy animation.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-X2zPMB5dk

That was awesome. Thank you.
Link Posted: 1/26/2012 9:28:48 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I have a small level of distrust for anyone who drinks to excess.

I wanna party with you!
Link Posted: 1/26/2012 9:33:07 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I'm not talking about trusting drunks or alcoholics either. But people who don't drink alcohol because they believe it makes them lack moral fiber or they really believe it can kill you or poison your body. I don't trust them, I find them shifty and generally dishonest. What does the hive think?

I feel the same way about crackheads...
Link Posted: 1/26/2012 9:33:21 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I'm not sure about trust, it's more like a mild pity.

Like someone who's too proud of having never fucked a girl.

I don't trust anyone over 25 that hasn't done that either.
Link Posted: 1/26/2012 9:33:44 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I feel the same way about crackheads...

Same thing

Link Posted: 1/26/2012 9:34:48 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I can deal with that over someone who doesn't fuckin cuss every now and then. Never trusted a man that doesn't curse.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 1/26/2012 9:36:39 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Meh, I don't curse.

I'll be sure to avoid your EE ads.

J/K.
Link Posted: 1/26/2012 9:40:24 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm not sure about trust, it's more like a mild pity.

Like someone who's too proud of having never fucked a girl.

I don't trust anyone over 25 that hasn't done that either.

Shit, I've done that, and look at me!

Tapped it once a day for a year with my ex girlfriend. Still not worth her shit.

Link Posted: 1/26/2012 9:41:24 PM EDT
[#37]
I dont drink because i have a vague but persistent belief that one day i will be forced to confront a time traveling robot sent back by a self aware super computer to kill me and extinguish my seed before i can implant it in the belly in the future mother of humanity. No time for drinking because every waking moment is spent in aggressive training so when that fucking robot shows up i can throw him though walls and smash his dumb metal face

i think that pretty much covers it

edit:
on a serious note, its a dumb cliche and you no one should take it seriously. there is nothing more inherently untrustworthy than someone who is intoxicated. That is not a judgement, just an observation made after years of in depth field research.
Link Posted: 1/26/2012 9:42:56 PM EDT
[#38]
This is stupid.  

I don't trust people who button the bottom button on a sport coat.

I can't trust someone who puts sugar in their coffee.

???

It's arbitrary and makes no sense.

I'll have a Yuengling occasionally, but I never get drunk and have never been drunk.
Link Posted: 1/26/2012 9:47:09 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I don't trust anyone.

This. I literally don't trust anyone. Not in a paranoid sort of way. I just understand human nature enough to know that lies are a normal part of people's daily lives (including mine). The only thing between a lie on the tip of someone's tongue and another man's ears is a little self-serving interest, and we all know there's plenty of that to go around...
Link Posted: 1/26/2012 9:47:52 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Don't drink here.

Why would  you care about someone who doesn't want to do something that makes them poorer, dumber, less aware, etc.Their choice.  Reminds me of someone who mocks fit people or intellectuals due to their ineptitudes in the corresponding department.
Who gives a shit I guess. I've seen what alcohol can do to a person/family.

Link Posted: 1/26/2012 9:49:17 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Quoted:
No wonder everyone likes me so much

We gonna get shitty again at CW2?

Yeah, but not the night before the match
Link Posted: 1/26/2012 9:49:17 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 1/26/2012 10:18:33 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
No wonder everyone likes me so much

We gonna get shitty again at CW2?

Yeah, but not the night before the match

Meh, sack up. I made do.

Actually, I'm with ya. I'd prefer to get the course out of the way, then get hammered and laugh at everyone else.
Link Posted: 1/26/2012 10:24:17 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

I think your question is a little stupid.

I guess I could go the other way and ask the question "Do you trust someone who drinks alcohol".

Liking or dis-liking alcohol has nothing to do with a persons morals! Judging a person on this topic is like judgeing someone based on whether their skin color!

I am a non-drinker and have people that drink that I do not trust. I also have non-drinkers that I do not trust.
Link Posted: 1/26/2012 10:32:44 PM EDT
[#45]
This is, without question, one of the most absurd questions every presented.

Maybe people should be more open to new things, like sticking an egg beater up their rectum?  Or, hey, maybe people should try improving their health by picking up men and women for unprotected sex from an AIDS clinic?  At least, that would seem to be the advice of the smoking/drinking/druggie crowd.

One doesn’t have to loose at Russian roulette to know it is a stupid game.
Link Posted: 1/26/2012 10:33:47 PM EDT
[#46]
More bidness deals are made over a bar than a desk. A brew and a chew will get things done it connects on a basic level with out the bullshit.
Link Posted: 1/26/2012 10:39:06 PM EDT
[#47]
As a general rule, I don't trust any of you fuckers regardless of drinking or not. However, some are easier to relate to or understand than others and mostly I find that those folks are the ones that know the difference between R&R and Bushmills.

In fact, I betcha them moralizing, conceited, non-drinkers are blankskins too!

Link Posted: 1/27/2012 12:10:52 AM EDT
[#48]
I don't drink, but I do curse *a lot* and I drink caffeine drinks every now and then to stay up at night.

But Yes, I trust people who dont drink.
Link Posted: 1/27/2012 12:20:56 AM EDT
[#49]
If you're going to find moronic reasons to not trust someone then your trust is not worth having. I've known drinkers, pot smokers, pill poppers, etc. who are otherwise the salt of the Earth and likewise I've met people who abstain from anything like that who are excellent people. On the flip side I've met people from both camps who were wretched, horrible people. Base your opinions on the individual, not on the group.
Link Posted: 1/27/2012 12:43:11 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Usually if they feel it makes them lack moral fiber they have personal experience with an alcoholic family member or ex. Both of my grandfathers fought with that disease for a long time. Kids that grow up with an abusive alcoholic sometimes swear it off.

It also can kill you and does poison your body in excess.

I have friends that don't drink, I have friends that do drink that we just don't hang out when either one of us is drinking, but I don't have any friends that don't drink and preach about it.

It's not a trust issue for me, I just don't have any patience for people that have a holier than thou attitude or think their way is the only way.

Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top