Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/20/2003 7:35:04 PM EDT
I don't.  Too many factions.  Too many tribal hatreds.  If it does, I'll be really surprised.  The religion of peace hates each other.  You tell me...
Link Posted: 12/20/2003 7:38:50 PM EDT
[#1]
In the long run, no way.  Look at Afghanistan - it is already completely out of control - our forces have no control outside the main cities, and the only thing the country can do well is export heroin.  In another 5 years the Taliban will probably be in charge again - or warlords will be fighting it out for another 20 (which is exactly what got the taliban in power in the first place).

Maybe in 4 or 5 hundred years, places like Afghanistan and Iraq will be ready to join the civilized world.
Link Posted: 12/20/2003 7:41:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Not trying to be a butthead, but I thought I'd expand on this.....

[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=219713[/url]

Happy Holidays....
Link Posted: 12/20/2003 7:47:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Maybe - they are set up to have more Freedom than here in AmeriKa
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top