Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/23/2007 6:13:53 PM EDT
I just do not see how things will ever get substantially better in this country. I just see things getting more and more liberal and politically correct. I feel like i am watching the fall of the american empire. Anyone have anything to make me feel different?
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 6:20:28 PM EDT
[#1]
I wasn't alive at the time, but I hear the 70's sucked ass from a conservative point of view.  Politics runs in cycles; conservatives/republicans weren't and won't be in charge forever.  Same with the left/dems.
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 6:24:07 PM EDT
[#2]
It always changes, but as society changes each side will have it's view on how to REGULATE that change. I hate politics, and at some times I get the feeling that maybe we should seperate and see how each side fares. We know that will never happen.
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 6:25:31 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I wasn't alive at the time, but I hear the 70's sucked ass from a conservative point of view.  Politics runs in cycles; conservatives/republicans weren't and won't be in charge forever.  Same with the left/dems.

That is true… problem is the trough at the bottom of the left cycle seems to get deeper each time and the rebound not as high as before.
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 6:27:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Pray for the resurgance of the silent majority!
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 6:31:36 PM EDT
[#5]
I think its only gonna get worse
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 6:34:33 PM EDT
[#6]
What have the Republicans done to support the conservatives?  I don't see them doing anything for the majority of the US, only supporting bills that are in their own interests.

I'm not a lib, but I don't see what headway the Republicans have done for us.

Make your own bed.
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 6:36:32 PM EDT
[#7]
It will get worse for conservatives until they seperate themselves from the neo-cons.
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 6:40:40 PM EDT
[#8]
Gotta look at is as seperate and parallel systems.

Media is saturated by libtard agenda-monkeys, but crap like Air America, NYT, LA Times, Tribune etc are losing readership / viewership at an accelerating rate. CNN's ratings are SHIT without Glenn Beck. MSNBC's are even worse.

Educators Indoctrinators are being exposed at an expanding pace. The Ward Churchills among them may be dug in like ticks, but they are still exposed.

Gasbags like Ted Kennedy, Kerry, etc, etc etc don't have many years left. Name their 2nd and 3rd string players - who are they? Who will be their replacements when they shuffle off?

Even these elections arent as horrific as they appear - the Fonks can't Lead their way out of a paper bag. House is a mess, Reid can't control the Senate, and the more inverse scumbags the Donks put in charge of committees over things they are intent on destroying, the greater their exposure becomes.

Liberal child abuse, be it by teachers, pedophiles, judges or courts is being exposed at a  greater rate.

I think some Lib scumbaggery has topped out already, some is still maxing out, while some conservative aspects are still building / growing more angry. They are all peaking at different times, some in sync with others, some despite / because of others.

This thing is by no means settled.

And I do think it is going to be resolved in widespread bloodshed.
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 6:11:51 PM EDT
[#9]
I was listening to talk radio on a drive a whiel back.  The conservative hosts were blathering about some of the dumbest crap imaginable.

It used to be that conservatives had ideas on how to reduce government intrusion into our lives.  Now the "conservative leadership" wants to help us with prescription drug costs, childcare, and every other bit of liberal bullshit they can coopt.

No wonder the House and Senate (and soon Presidency) got taken over by the Democrats.  There isn't a dime's worth of difference between the parties any more, and if you've only got a choice between a scumbag who is going to waste money and another scumbag who is going to waste money even faster, may as well go with the one who's going to destroy the country sooner.

Hillary in '08!
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 6:19:21 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

You have to put it in perspective.

JFK would be considered FAR too right wing to even have a chance as Democrat.  He'd fit in pretty well as a moderate Republican on most issues (and even right of center on others).

The entire worldview of what is considered "right" and "left" politics has slid that far in my lifetime.

Anyone holding true conservative values today is usually thought of as "old fashioned" and "out of touch" at best, Fascists at worst.

Will it tip back?  Maybe a bit but I'm under no delusions that it's not going to get truly better without it all crashing down around our ears.

There will be conservatives aplenty there to pick up the pieces and they'll be better armed and FAR more capable than the liberal fuckers that brought it all down in the first place!  
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 6:44:28 PM EDT
[#11]
The 70's sucked ass? I'd sure like to do them again.
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 6:48:57 PM EDT
[#12]
What gets me is that the Republicans had it all and they sat on their hands.  They accomplished diddly for us.  They never even tried to put a national CCW permit through.  I can't WTF Bush's malfunction has been this second term, its like he ran out steam and that killed his party this last election IMO.   He operates like he's worried about getting re-elected.   If I knew it was my last term I'd go all out
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 6:55:49 PM EDT
[#13]
i don't think the conservatives lost...in order to lose you have to have tried to win. they are crybaby pansies and gave thier stones to the libtards on a silver platter.

not a damn one of them is worth their own weight in a sack of shit.
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 7:07:12 PM EDT
[#14]
The last time the Dems passed an AWB they got their asses handed to them in the next election.  Apparently they didn't learn anything.
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 7:19:20 PM EDT
[#15]
With the dems in power again everybody will know why people vote republican. They must show their true nature once in office.  Republicans will once again regain a strong political advantage. Major scandals and total fuck-ups will ruin the dems for another 20 years till people forget and repeat history once again.
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 7:23:29 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
It will get worse for conservatives until they separate themselves from the neo-cons.

Fuggin A!
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 7:26:20 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
The last time the Dems passed an AWB they got their asses handed to them in the next election.  Apparently they didn't learn anything.

They WILL get thier asses handed to them in the '08 presidential elections if they touch HR 1022 with a ten foot pole.

Link Posted: 2/24/2007 7:28:39 PM EDT
[#18]
Perhaps you should move to Idaho, where you will feel different.  We are the most Republican state in the whole U.S., with all state offices, senators, representatives, and a majority of our legislature with a great big R after their names.  It gives me lots of hope to live here.
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 8:20:37 PM EDT
[#19]
Hating Republicans is very trendy these days.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top