Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 10/6/2004 7:56:58 PM EDT
Personally I dont think a women should have the power to send men off to war but thats just me.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 7:58:14 PM EDT
[#1]
It is inevitable and just a question of when and not if.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 7:59:33 PM EDT
[#2]
If thats what the American people vote for who am I to complain? Hell, Margaret Thatcher did well in Great Britain.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 7:59:59 PM EDT
[#3]
NO!!!!
They don't have the balls for it.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 8:00:30 PM EDT
[#4]
No.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 8:00:42 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
If thats what the American people vote for who am I to complain? Hell, Margaret Thatcher did well in Great Britain.

the majority of the American people voted for Gore in 2000, would you be complaining if he was president?
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 8:03:59 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

the majority of the American people voted for Gore in 2000, would you be complaining if he was president?

Electoral College buddy, I am all for it.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 8:04:39 PM EDT
[#7]
Should?  Like, for the sake of PC-ness?  No.

Will a (hopefully) qualified woman step up to run and possibly win?  Yeah, its inevitible.  And as long as she is qualified (ie, understands the Constitution as written), I really couldn't care less.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 8:05:17 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Electoral College buddy, I am all for it.

what does that have to do with it
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 8:06:36 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Should?  Like, for the sake of PC-ness?  No.

Will a (hopefully) qualified woman step up to run and possibly win?  Yeah, its inevitible.  And as long as she is qualified (ie, understands the Constitution as written), I really couldn't care less.

+1
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 8:06:58 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Interesting Democratic response - one which chooses to ignore the Constitutional arrangement of the Electoral College.

I'd damn sure be complaining if Ghore was our president.  If he were, we'd be wondering right now if his attorney general would be processing the indictments for the terrorists yet and asking them to pretty please come to the US for their trials.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 8:07:13 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 8:09:37 PM EDT
[#12]
I would not vote against a woman just because of her gender.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 8:11:21 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
If they are qualified and pro gun, yes.

Exactly.  Its not whether a woman should become president or not - the job should go to the most qualified person.

Hell, I'd vote for Condi.  And Thatcher was a butt kicker in her day.  Falkland Islands?

Link Posted: 10/6/2004 8:11:41 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Interesting Democratic response - one which chooses to ignore the Constitutional arrangement of the Electoral College.

I'd damn sure be complaining if Ghore was our president.  If he were, we'd be wondering right now if his attorney general would be processing the indictments for the terrorists yet and asking them to pretty please come to the US for their trials.

how did that response indictate that?
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 8:13:20 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

A question of <i>Who</i>. We haven't seen a suitable candidate yet (and CERTAINLY not Hildebeast).
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 8:14:34 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I've never seen anyone but a Democrat point out in the manner you have that Ghore won the popular vote.

Well, are you a Democrat?
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 8:14:56 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

A question of <i>Who</i>. We haven't seen a suitable candidate yet (and CERTAINLY not Hildebeast).

+1  hell would freeze over if that women was president
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 8:16:16 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I've never seen anyone but a Democrat point out in the manner you have that Ghore won the popular vote.

Well, are you a Democrat?

I was pointng out that the majority of Americans voted Gore but it definely wasnt the right choice, the EC saved us on that one
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 8:19:47 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

I was pointng out that the majority of Americans voted Gore but it definely wasnt the right choice, the EC saved us on that one

Actually nobody has gotten a majority in a US presidential election since 1988. Gore won a plurality as did Clinton both times.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 8:20:26 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1  hell would freeze over if that women was president

Too late:

Bet you didn't see that coming.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 8:23:41 PM EDT
[#21]
I would vote for Condoleeza Rice because she is a smart black woman.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 8:24:14 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Personally I dont think a women should have the power to send men off to war but thats just me.

I don't care about gender or race, so long as they:

1) are at least as conservative as Bush

2) are NOT Isolationists, and believe that the US should use our military & economic power to further our own interests at will...

3) Is pro-gun....

That said

Rice 08
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 8:25:05 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

so would you vote for Hillary Clinton because she is a smart white women?
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 8:27:01 PM EDT
[#24]
I would vote for Mary Matlin just to shut up Carville for a few years.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 8:28:08 PM EDT
[#25]
If they are good enough to do a nice job then okay.  Hell, if there was a lesbian black midget who supported everything I supported and had decent diplomacy skills, I'd vote for them.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 8:28:43 PM EDT
[#26]
Topic Author:  "So, tell me, Bus, do you think a women should eventually become president?"

Respondent:  "Well, I'm glad you asked me that question, Bob, because I'm kinda thinkin' NOT~!!!  Don't get me wrong, Bob, 'cuz I'm not a misogynist...but I do have reservations regarding this subject..."

www.kotex.com/products/product.asp
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 8:33:41 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Central Park dinosuars, bro.  Hitlery is not so smart and she is the devil.

Link Posted: 10/6/2004 8:34:39 PM EDT
[#28]
Condi Rice is more qualified to be President than 99.99999999% of everybody else.
i would vote and campaign for her in a heartbeat.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 8:36:04 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

hey where did you find out about those dinosaurs??

Link Posted: 10/6/2004 8:36:32 PM EDT
[#30]
., ehh, NO!
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 8:37:54 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Ahh, you dodged the remaining question, so then you ARE a Democrat.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 8:38:27 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
Condi Rice is more qualified to be President than 99.99999999% of everybody else.
i would vote and campaign for her in a heartbeat.

I agree, no matter what my silly post above indicates.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 8:39:32 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

dont be childish, im not answering that dumb question
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 8:40:39 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

hey where did you find out about those dinosaurs??

I read that thread and laughed my tail off.  

Link Posted: 10/6/2004 8:43:42 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

A quip as a response, indicating that my question / observation is dumb.  Yet no answer...

I have the answer to your problem...

FOX News - watch Sean Hannity and allow him to turn you from the dark side and see the light on the Republican side.

Ain't it funny how I pegged your party affiliation by such an innocuous statement?  
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 8:45:53 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

A quip as a response, indicating that my question / observation is dumb.  Yet no answer...

I have the answer to your problem...

FOX News - watch Sean Hannity and allow him to turn you from the dark side and see the light on the Republican side.

Ain't it funny how I pegged your party affiliation by such an innocuous statement?  

I do watch him every night and wouldnt you know I dont like colmes that much at all
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 8:49:33 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

I do watch him every night and wouldnt you know I dont like colmes that much at all

Colmes is a weak guy and a bad representative of your party.  I actually feel bad for him, except for the fact that he's married to a very fine looking lady, because Hannity completely dominates the stage.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 8:50:01 PM EDT
[#38]
for you guys who wouldnt vote for a woman. what if was a republican woman vs a democrat man?
what about a black woman repub vs a white dem man?
CONDI '08
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 8:51:55 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Colmes is a weak guy and a bad representative of your party.  I actually feel bad for him, except for the fact that he's married to a very fine looking lady, because Hannity completely dominates the stage.

oh gosh, you wont stop, well I will. Stop acting like a 5 year old with this back and forth shit

"oh your a demorcrat, yes you are"  well you nailed me, right on the spot I dont know what I was doing donating all that money to the GOP?  have a nice day
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 8:54:09 PM EDT
[#40]
Okay, sorry to have bothered you.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 9:10:44 PM EDT
[#41]
To Condi, with sweetness:

Article
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 9:14:35 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
If they are good enough to do a nice job then okay.  Hell, if there was a lesbian black midget who supported everything I supported and had decent diplomacy skills, I'd vote for them.

[homer]mmmmm lesbian, black midget[/homer]
Oh wait, never mind.

The person, not the gender, is what matters.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 9:16:37 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 9:22:57 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
I don't like the word 'should' in the question.

It sounds as if it's some sort of right that a women may have - to become President.

'Could' would be a better way of stating it!

But I voted 'Yes', anyway.

Eric The(Semantical)Hun

Could doesnt sound that good (hey that rymes!)
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 9:28:42 PM EDT
[#45]
If the choices were a woman or the devil I would then and only then choose a woman.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 11:55:33 PM EDT
[#46]
I say they are not smart enough(why you might ask) because they allready outnumber male voters,and control the national purse(yes and that too)!

They are not gifted enough to rally behind one of thier sex yet!!

When they finally realize they have the power allready,then look out!!

And us men need to quit dying off so quickly!!  Or the embalance will be going WAAAA  WAAA!!!

Bob
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 11:57:57 PM EDT
[#47]
FACT: Women are more emotional than men.

Question: Do you want someone with raging emotions have their finger on the red button?

Simple as that.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 11:58:55 PM EDT
[#48]
Yes, but only if its C. Rice.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 2:17:49 AM EDT
[#49]
Hell NO, I have flown with women "fighter pilots" all though some are good at what they do, I have seen everyone of them break down a cry for one thing or another- becoming incapacitated. They are susposed to be "tough" leaders. I can't imagine a  women president making decisions with many american lives and having to deal with this problem. Yes any human has to deal with their own emotions, but i think women let themsevles be controlled by it. My
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 2:53:53 AM EDT
[#50]
The only one on the radar screen is scary.  Maybe we should have a Constitutional Amendment to not allow women to be president.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top