Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/22/2004 3:40:43 AM EST
Since it is Muslims aged 18-45 that are causing most of our terrorism problems today do you support the FBI doing the following.

The FBI goes to each and every Mosque and just talks to the leaders. Personnal visits asking them if they know anything about terrorist inside their "church" or if they have an other useful info related to terrorism.

Personnally, I have no problem with this, as a matter of fact, it is what I EXPECT my government to do.

Discuss.

SGatr15
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 3:49:06 AM EST
No more than I would support the FBI interviewing people at Catholic churches looking for people who send money to Northern Ireland.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 3:50:48 AM EST
[Last Edit: 9/22/2004 3:51:47 AM EST by mcgrubbs]
I have no problem with that.

And, quite frankly, all churches have gotten away with too much in this country. Maybe not something as serious as terrorism, but nonetheless......
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 3:53:05 AM EST

Originally Posted By DzlBenz:
No more than I would support the FBI interviewing people at Catholic churches looking for people who send money to Northern Ireland.

We'll considering ireland hasn't attcked us that might be a moot point.

But if the British wanted to talk to their Churches in England I would understand.,

SGatr15
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 3:53:42 AM EST
Math is not racism.
Statistics are math.
Statistics say we are looking for a certain type of person.
Why cant we stop and investigate more than a certain number of these people?
If the pope declared a holy war against the US they would be looking into all catholic churches.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 3:54:25 AM EST
I'm all for it.

Ferret out the rats and deport any many as (all) possible.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 4:08:54 AM EST
I would have no problem with investigating mosques around the country, especially if there was the slightest bit of information to warrant it. Some of these mosques are so openly aligned with the terrorists that the FBI should go beyond simply investigating them. They should have people crawling up every orifice they've got.

I believe I'd tone down the language just a bit though. Simply talking to leaders of the various mosques should not be called "investigating", but rather interviewing. Only when they have info to believe they are dirty should the word "investigation" be used. But yes, we need to pay very close attention to what's going in the mosques around this nation. We know some are very, very dirty. No killers should be allowed to hide behind religion.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 4:12:41 AM EST

Originally Posted By DzlBenz:

In contrast to US Mosques....

The Catholic Church were leaders in talks to end the fighting in Ulster and ALWAYS bitterly condemned the violence.

The Fed LEO throughout the 80s were concentrating on Irish bars in the NE US. A lot of the illegals who were on the run had service jobs either in bars or the trades.

Hell, I bartended at a place with a collection jug for the "Irish Orphans Fund". The money went to "something else" that got loaded on ships in the Philly harbor.

What is going on in mosques bears more resemblence to what went on in the Nazi beer halls in the 1930s - it's indoctrination.

Link Posted: 9/22/2004 4:15:33 AM EST
I really don't see anything wrong with interviewing them. However, I think it would be a big waste of time. How many of them do you think would actually 'talk'? Not many, if any.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 4:21:21 AM EST
What!?! they're not doing that already?!?

Sure they are......you just don't know about it......
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 4:26:51 AM EST

Originally Posted By Ogre_4070:
I really don't see anything wrong with interviewing them. However, I think it would be a big waste of time. How many of them do you think would actually 'talk'? Not many, if any.

True, but it is allong the same lines as a cop pulling you over for not signalling a lane change. It gets him to the window where he can look around.

SGatr15
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 4:27:59 AM EST

Originally Posted By srschick:
What!?! they're not doing that already?!?

Sure they are......you just don't know about it......

I do know about it. The FBI visited the one in my city. The Muslims there got upset and started yelling "racial dicrimination".

SGtar15
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 4:28:38 AM EST
no problem with that...

doubt they would get anything by talking to muslim clerics, though...
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 4:35:52 AM EST
There's nothing wrong with a friendly "chat". The silence from Muslim leaders on the atrocities being committed in the name of their religion is analogous driving at night with your headlights off.
Top Top