Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/7/2002 8:14:20 AM EDT
Do you want the assault weapons ban to sunset?
If the answer is yes, then keep reading.

If the answer is no, then do nothing? You will get your wish, along with even more restrictive gun laws (Do you want Hawaii style gun laws to go national?) Oh in Hawaii [s]? no Ars, NO high capacity magazines, NO Semi auto. [/s] (This was stricken to correct the bad information I got last weekend from a resident of Hawaii)
Still want to do nothing? And you can stop reading here.

The key to the political process is working at the local level to elect politicians that reflect our views. This means getting off your backsides and getting out there and working for the candidates, talking to your neighbors, letting them know where you stand. The democrats have taken to lying again, saying they were never against the 2nd amendment and many will believe them, The time is NOW to show them for the corrupt mealy mouthed two faced lying scumbags they truly are. We will need to educate the shotgunners, Hunters, that yea their guns are on the list too.

The other part of this process is that at each local precinct there are party meetings where our views can be heard. These meetings elect a state Rep. and these state representatives are where we get the second part of push. We must start now to insure that the Congress will allow the assault weapons ban to sunset. We must start working now. Elections are very close and it will take more than one election to put the people that we need in Congress. Some of our senators need to be replaced with senators who will fight for our views. We campaign against anybody who does not share our views.

To make this happen we need to volunteer our time, and our efforts. If you are a member of a gun club then talk to your members. All of us are willing to pay 10 bucks to get into a gun show. We all spend more than five hundred dollars a year on ammunition. How about donating $50 to $100 to your favorite politician. And then getting on the phone for him.

We all spend about 25 to 50 hours at the range. How about five or six hours to get on the phone and call your neighbors and talk to them about your candidate. How about just walking the precinct and giving people in your neighborhood information on your candidate and why he is better than the other guy.

Are you assured of success? No, but you know what's coming if you don't try and stop it. In the last presidential election gun owners made the difference. YOUR vote counted!! YOUR vote made a difference!! YOUR vote kept Al Gore from becoming our worst nightmare!! And YOUR vote in Illinois may KEEP the BRC at a great facility. The system works when the people work it. We can have a very large impact on the next election. Are you willing to work for what you believe? Are you willing to put in the time you would take to go to a gunshow? It doesn't take a large effort, just a lot of small efforts.

As a grandfather I look back and I see how it used to be. I know I want my grand kids to have the chances that I had. I want my grand kids to be able to enjoy the things like I did. Guns were not seen as evil except by very small minority. We all know that guns are tools, when guns are in the hands of good people good things happen. Crime goes down, public safety goes up. Accidents do occur, but we have reduced them significantly in the last ten years. Our record of safety is to be commended. Continued--
Link Posted: 7/7/2002 8:15:06 AM EDT
[#1]
I shot my 22 rifle in the high school gym with the coach watching. That was in Fresno, California. Try that today and you get arrested. Hate crimes were unthought of. There was no gun registration. There were a few gun laws on the books, but not many. There were fewer politicians calling for ridiculous gun laws. And there was little gun crime.

What are you going to do?? For my part I am going to work for it. We have Congress woman here who voted for the incumbent protection act. I will work very hard to make sure she becomes history. Nevada has a democratic senator that passed the "son of CARA act" and he will become part of history. I will work very hard to see they will not be going back to Washington. The congress woman is first then the senator.
Link Posted: 7/7/2002 8:16:46 AM EDT
[#2]
Lastly there can be no more compromise. Not if you want to keep your Ars, Aks, and other fun weapons. There has been too much of that already, and gun owners have gotten screwed in the name of controlling crime, which no legislation can do. All the legislation can do is to make more criminals. As an example I give you section 922r. The only way to control crime is to allow the people of this country to participate in the effort to combat crime. You can not relegate the task to someone else, the police are overworked and in some places in the country you cannot get a cop out unless there is a gun. For a minor traffic accident you can forget it.

People participate in crime control by CCW. By aiding the police when they need it. And by keeping vigilant and aware of their surroundings. By doing these things you can have a major impact on crime. You will not eliminate it all together but you can dent the hell out of it.

By depending on the NRA you put all the work on their backs and hope that their philosophy is yours. I can tell you right now it's not. They talk big but do not delever. They will not work to unmake any laws except those that impact them on a national level.

We need to work in all of the states to elect politicians that believe the people of this country are what makes it great. That the people need to be unimpeded by useless regulations on the restrictions of any rights.

I am a member of the NRA and GOA, but that is not enough and since more is required more must be done. Writting letters and emails if fine, but we have passed that mark. You must vote 3 ways, the first is the ballot box, the second is with your money, the third is with your time. If you are unwilling to do this then you will have nothing.
Link Posted: 7/7/2002 9:33:49 AM EDT
[#3]
btt
Link Posted: 7/7/2002 2:46:44 PM EDT
[#4]
btt
Link Posted: 7/7/2002 3:17:08 PM EDT
[#5]
i hope the aw ban does sunset, even if it means my preban collection loses its investment value
Link Posted: 7/7/2002 3:18:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
i hope the aw ban does sunset, even if it means my preban collection loses its investment value
View Quote

I think the point is, don't hope.  Do something.

Remember the Alamo, and God Bless Texas...
Link Posted: 7/7/2002 3:19:15 PM EDT
[#7]
I hope it is replaced with something that makes my post-ban more valuable.
just kidding
Link Posted: 7/7/2002 3:35:04 PM EDT
[#8]
I am a two issue voter, gun rights and anti-abortion (not pro-life, I want abortionists and women who get them sent to prison).
It seems that pols who meet those tests also agree with everything else I believe in.
Link Posted: 7/7/2002 3:36:01 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 7/7/2002 3:46:29 PM EDT
[#10]
undeniably, unequivocably, YES!!!!!

but as i am sure you know, there are no pro gunners in the PRNY....
Link Posted: 7/7/2002 3:51:05 PM EDT
[#11]
Juding by the responses in the "What if Bush signs a new AW ban in '04" thread, I have to say, no, very few people around here want the ban to sunset.
Link Posted: 7/7/2002 7:33:44 PM EDT
[#12]

but as i am sure you know, there are no pro gunners in the PRNY....
View Quote

Well that’s a new one on me..  I thought there were plenty of pro-gunners in NY.  NYC is another matter. The political machine there has been working a long time and if people wised up they would be run out of town on a rail.  But there is too much money "floating" around and too many fingers in the pie.  NYC is the tail that wags the dog.  The political machine will always strive to keep the rights from it's people.  They will also TAX their people until the “undesireable leave”.  It is true class warfare.

If the AW ban does not sunset then you will have more restrictive laws than you thought possible, but because of incremintalism and the loss of the value of individual efforts.   There will be a scape-goating of individual classes of gun owners and it wont just be the ARs, AKs, but rather all classes of gunowners will be vilified and Columbines and others will continue to happen.
Link Posted: 7/8/2002 6:39:16 AM EDT
[#13]
btt
Link Posted: 7/8/2002 10:45:59 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
(Do you want Hawaii style gun laws to go national?) Oh in Hawaii ? no Ars, NO high capacity magazines, NO Semi auto. Still want to do nothing? And you can stop reading here.
View Quote

Sorry, but, "BABY MODE: is ON"

No disrespect "longun45" but you obviously know ABSOLUTELY NOTHING about Hawaii gun laws.

Hawaii HAS AR-15's (hell...even the really neat-o PREBAN ones! oooooooohhh!!).

Hawaii HAS high capacity magazines (hell...even the ones that hold 30 rounds! oooooooohhh!!).

Hawaii HAS semi-auto weapons (hell...even the ones that go "BANG" every time you pull the trigger...you don't even need to actuate a "bolt" because your high capacity magazine keeps feeding that semi-automatic bolt oooooooohhh!!)

That being said, we do not need IMAGINARY gun control legislation being spread all over the net by the likes of you.  This is supposed to be a "Brotherhood" on AR-15.com, and let me tell you brother, you are not doing any of your Hawaii brothers any favors by making ABSOLUTELY FALSE statements about the gun-control laws in their state.

Educate yourself man.

"BABY MODE: is OFF"
Link Posted: 7/8/2002 11:17:22 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:
(Do you want Hawaii style gun laws to go national?) Oh in Hawaii ? no Ars, NO high capacity magazines, NO Semi auto. Still want to do nothing? And you can stop reading here.
View Quote

Sorry, but, "BABY MODE: is ON"

No disrespect "longun45" but you obviously know ABSOLUTELY NOTHING about Hawaii gun laws.

Hawaii HAS AR-15's (hell...even the really neat-o PREBAN ones! oooooooohhh!!).

Hawaii HAS high capacity magazines (hell...even the ones that hold 30 rounds! oooooooohhh!!).

Hawaii HAS semi-auto weapons (hell...even the ones that go "BANG" every time you pull the trigger...you don't even need to actuate a "bolt" because your high capacity magazine keeps feeding that semi-automatic bolt oooooooohhh!!)

That being said, we do not need IMAGINARY gun control legislation being spread all over the net by the likes of you.  This is supposed to be a "Brotherhood" on AR-15.com, and let me tell you brother, you are not doing any of your Hawaii brothers any favors by making ABSOLUTELY FALSE statements about the gun-control laws in their state.

Educate yourself man.

"BABY MODE: is OFF"
View Quote

You beat me to it, but my tone would have been more condescending.  Sounds like some poor guy who buys into any article he reads.  Sometimes ignorance isn't an excuse when you are spreading information which can easily be verified though!

Now if he said Kalifornia...
Link Posted: 7/8/2002 11:41:59 AM EDT
[#16]
When is this topic going to sunset???
Link Posted: 7/8/2002 11:48:21 AM EDT
[#17]
The manufacture, possession, sale, barter, trade, gift, transfer, or acquisition of detachable ammunition magazines with a capacity in excess of ten rounds for pistols is prohibited.

Each chief of police may issue permits within his jurisdiction to citizens of the U.S. who are at least 21 and to duly accredited official representatives of foreign nations. No permit shall be issued to an applicant earlier than 14 calendar days after the date of application. Permits to acquire a pistol or revolver require a separate application and permit for each transaction. Permits issued to purchase any rifle or shotgun entitles the permittee to make subsequent purchases of rifles or shotguns for a period of one year from the date of issue and does not require a separate application and permit for each transaction. Effective July 1, 1995, no person shall be issued a permit for the acquisition of a pistol or revolver unless the person has completed a firearms safety training course. The permit shall be void unless used within 10 days after the date of issue.

All firearms and ammunition must be registered with the chief of police of the county of one's place of business, one's residence, or one's place of sojourn.2

From [urlhttp://www.nra.org/frame.cfm?title=NRA%20Institute%20for%20Legislative%20Action&url=http://www.nraila.org[/url]

Even Kalifornia is not that bad.  Sorry for the bad information but what I did find is ripe for corruption and special privledges.  Can you say campaign contributions?
Link Posted: 7/8/2002 11:49:48 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

In 2005
Link Posted: 7/8/2002 11:54:45 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
The manufacture, possession, sale, barter, trade, gift, transfer, or acquisition of detachable ammunition magazines with a capacity in excess of ten rounds for pistols is prohibited.

Each chief of police may issue permits within his jurisdiction to citizens of the U.S. who are at least 21 and to duly accredited official representatives of foreign nations. No permit shall be issued to an applicant earlier than 14 calendar days after the date of application. Permits to acquire a pistol or revolver require a separate application and permit for each transaction. Permits issued to purchase any rifle or shotgun entitles the permittee to make subsequent purchases of rifles or shotguns for a period of one year from the date of issue and does not require a separate application and permit for each transaction. Effective July 1, 1995, no person shall be issued a permit for the acquisition of a pistol or revolver unless the person has completed a firearms safety training course. The permit shall be void unless used within 10 days after the date of issue.

All firearms and ammunition must be registered with the chief of police of the county of one's place of business, one's residence, or one's place of sojourn.2

From [urlhttp://www.nra.org/frame.cfm?title=NRA%20Institute%20for%20Legislative%20Action&url=http://www.nraila.org[/url]

Even Kalifornia is not that bad.  Sorry for the bad information but what I did find is ripe for corruption and special privledges.  Can you say campaign contributions?
View Quote

Jesus!

God bless Florida (at least for now)!

This is why I have Hawaii on my list of states where I will NEVER live! (The list includes Maryland, Illinois, and any state northeast of PA, with the possible exceptions of NH and VT.)

Edited to add: Oh, and my answer to the original question? FU*KIN' A STRAIGHT!
Link Posted: 7/8/2002 12:21:51 PM EDT
[#20]
Hey guys and gals: be carfull there are several very anti gun republicans in office at this time. We here in Missouri had a senator John tratior Danforth,that voted with the Dems and Clinton on everything including the assualt wepon ban the last two years he was in office. Oh by the way up untill then he had been thought of as a right wing christian endorsed by NRA and others. He kicked the crap out of his supporters before leaving office. hope his wife gives him the clap. so anyhow be very carfull. many republicans are wolves in sheeps clothing. even when controling both houses we still slid to the left on gun laws, and other things. gee would have been nice if they would have stood there ground. But they get murdered in the media and then they cave, in there mind i suppose they feel they have to for political reasons. but any who. I will continue the fight. sappers in the breach
Link Posted: 7/8/2002 3:20:03 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

In 2005
View Quote

if were very very lucky. if not we had better be very very pissed...
Link Posted: 7/9/2002 6:12:28 PM EDT
[#22]
Thump a Democrat -- They deserve it!! BIGTIME  IF the Republican needs to
be thumped them thump him too!

Not all democrats need to be thumped, One noteable exception is Bob Barr.  And there are plenty of Republicans to be thumped -- Like George Pataki.  He is not a friend of gunowners.

The point is get off your back sides and get busy -=- it's time to get to work.  Not just for this issue but for many more like it. You can make an
endless list but we start with GUN (ACTUALLY PEOPLE CONTROL)CONTROL first then, with a bit more work the rest will fall into line.

[USA]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top