Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/24/2004 1:47:55 AM EDT
The bill initiated in 2003 and co-sponsored by John Kerry is still open in congress.

It specifically names the AR-15 and any renamed rifle as an 'assault weapon' to be banned.
(It also specifically names the mini-14 and the M1 Garand)

Worse yet, the bill would ban all semi-automatic rifles and shotguns that have a 'pistol grip'.

The bill defines a 'pistol grip' as '..means a grip, a thumbhole stock, or any other characteristic that can function as a grip..'

Yes, this means that all semi-auto weapons would be banned.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 1:53:37 AM EDT
[#1]
This thread is worthless without links...

You mean this one???

This is from 107th. We are now in 108th. I dont think Congress works on leftovers.

Also, if you look here, it shows active bills. Assault Weapons only shows reauthorization of the old AWB, nothing new.

Link Posted: 9/24/2004 1:54:58 AM EDT
[#2]
Need links..

Won't pass..

Feel-good and fear-mongering legislation like the draft attempt by the ultra-left..

I like pie..
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 1:59:11 AM EDT
[#3]
Link to the bill:

S.1431

Link to status of the bill:

S.1431 and H.R.2038 status links

The one in 1994 passed
This one 'closes loopholes'
If Kerry is elected, his influence may result in passage; if not a new bill is likely to be introduced (do you think Feinstein and her co-sponsors - Kerry included - will give up?)

- again we have misleading terms 'assault weapon' and now 'pistol grip' (defined as any grip)

- the misleading terminology helps garner support of those who don't know how each is defined in the bill.  Got to keep on top of educating the public otherwise it will pass 'to keep those machine guns out of the hands of terrorists'.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 2:07:11 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
This thread is worthless without links...

You mean this one???

This is from 107th. We are now in 108th. I dont think Congress works on leftovers.

Also, if you look here, it shows active bills. Assault Weapons only shows reauthorization of the old AWB, nothing new.

...reauthorization of the old AWB with changes in terms...

Both bills are under the 108th Congress
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 2:11:36 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
...reauthorization of the old AWB with changes in terms...

Both bills are under the 108th Congress

I stand corrected, you are right,  they are both 108th.

So was I, its dead.

Link Posted: 9/24/2004 4:59:41 AM EDT
[#6]
Wow thats a good list of the people that need to be voted out of office forever.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top