Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
12/6/2019 7:27:02 PM
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 12/9/2013 6:18:51 PM EST

I've alway's given up a lot of comfort, and carried a smaller piece than I would like, to make sure that nobody could tell when I'm carrying. I know it's technically illegal to print in Texas, as per the law concealed means that nobody can tell you have it on you.

I'm getting more confident as I carry more, and I'm starting to lose concern for how well my weapon is concealed.

My question to you all, especially anyone in Texas, is how concealed is your rig? Can others tell you have something on you? Are you concerned about it? Has anyone ever said anything to you because you were printing and they didn't like it?

Just curious how the public would act if they figured me out. Want to know what to expect before I get myself in trouble experimenting.

Tortus
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 6:19:42 PM EST
It's no longer illegal to print.
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 6:20:56 PM EST
I wear a thong so I don't "print".
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 6:21:40 PM EST
[Last Edit: 12/9/2013 6:26:37 PM EST by ttushooter]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By peekay:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

It never was. They just strengthened the law further.

Section 46.035(a). Unlawful Carrying of Handgun by License Holder (failure to conceal)

Offense Definition
A license holder commits an offense if the license holder carries a handgun on or about the license holder’s person under the authority of Subchapter H, Chapter 411, Government Code, and intentionally fails to conceal the handgun.

Mental State Definition
A person acts intentionally, or with intent, with respect to the nature of his conduct or to a result of his conduct when it is his conscious objective or desire to engage in the conduct or cause the result.

Term Definitions
“Handgun” means any firearm that is designed, made, or adapted to be fired with one hand.

“License holder” means a person licensed to carry a handgun under Subchapter H, Chapter 411, Government Code.

“Person” means an individual, corporation, or association.

Link Posted: 12/9/2013 6:24:26 PM EST
I've carried a full sized pistol in this state since well before it was legal.

Milt Sparks has never let me down.
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 6:24:36 PM EST
Covered is concealed.
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 6:26:18 PM EST
Full size XD45 for 6 years. I just don't give a fuck. It's not illegal, so neither should you...
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 6:26:52 PM EST
Originally Posted By THR-Thumper:
I've carried a full sized pistol in this state since well before it was legal.

Milt Sparks has never let me down.
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/9/2013 6:34:39 PM EST
Fuck Tex-ass and their stupid fucking gun laws.
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 6:40:57 PM EST
I honestly didn't give a fuck even when it was "illegal" here in FL.

Fuck antigun twats.
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 6:48:05 PM EST
Unless you're in law enforcement or run something like a jewelry store, how often do you size people up for weapons?

People in general just don't pay attention.

My fiance's sister carries some pretty nice weapons, goes to some of these women's shooting classes, I'd never spot her carrying.

People might speculate that I carry a weapon, but that's probably more because I look like a cast member of Duck Dynasty, and not the bulge in my pants.

I haven't done it in a while, but go stand in line at Walmart or the grocery store and size up folks.
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 6:48:19 PM EST
I imagine anyone that knows what to look for knows I carry....I see plenty of others carrying. The only time I've ever had anyone say anything was in line at HEB and my shirt had ridden up over the gun, a uniformed Sheriffs deputy tapped me and said sir you need to cover up your Glock. I about shit myself, but he just walked off after that. Things tend to be a little different here though, if that had happened in Dallas or Austin I'm sure it would have gone differently.
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 6:49:09 PM EST
Originally Posted By ttushooter:

View All Quotes

Section 46.035(a). Unlawful Carrying of Handgun by License Holder (failure to conceal)

Offense Definition
A license holder commits an offense if the license holder carries a handgun on or about the license holder’s person under the authority of Subchapter H, Chapter 411, Government Code, and intentionally fails to conceal the handgun.

Mental State Definition
A person acts intentionally, or with intent, with respect to the nature of his conduct or to a result of his conduct when it is his conscious objective or desire to engage in the conduct or cause the result.

Term Definitions
“Handgun” means any firearm that is designed, made, or adapted to be fired with one hand.

“License holder” means a person licensed to carry a handgun under Subchapter H, Chapter 411, Government Code.

Sweet! Didn't know this. Good info.

I have been carrying a j-frame snobby. I would like to carry my 1911, or Compact XDM 9mm. Both are very hard to conceal.

Link Posted: 12/9/2013 6:49:48 PM EST
[Last Edit: 12/9/2013 6:53:44 PM EST by SV650Squid]
I throw a Tshirt on over my G19 in a MTAC and Wilderness Instructor belt.

I just tend toward darker shirts.

ETA I'm in Abilene, and nobody gives a shit about it from what I can tell. Shit, if he's in his office, the Sheriff only takes about 15 min to sign my NFA forms. You just have to call ahead to make sure the lady that does fingerprints is in.
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 6:53:04 PM EST
First rule for carrying: Buy a good holster.

rule two: Observe the laws

Rule three: Don't sweat it.

You'll be fine
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 6:54:22 PM EST
Originally Posted By Tortus:

I have been carrying a j-frame snobby. I would like to carry my 1911, or Compact XDM 9mm. Both are very hard to conceal.

View All Quotes

Offense Definition

Mental State Definition

Term Definitions
"Handgun” means any firearm that is designed, made, or adapted to be fired with one hand.

"License holder” means a person licensed to carry a handgun under Subchapter H, Chapter 411, Government Code.

"Person” means an individual, corporation, or association.

If your having problems concealing this gun, your doing it wrong.

I CC a compact XDM 40 and have no problem.

Link Posted: 12/9/2013 6:57:08 PM EST

View All Quotes

Offense Definition

Mental State Definition

Term Definitions

Uh, no?
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 6:58:41 PM EST
Move to a free state.

Link Posted: 12/9/2013 7:04:42 PM EST

View All Quotes

Offense Definition

Mental State Definition

Term Definitions

you are definately doing it wrong. i ccd a full size 1911 in shorts and a tshirt and nobody noticed, for a year.

im not from texas, but sometimes i do print, for specific reasons, at work i handle money in bars.
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 7:09:21 PM EST
Originally Posted By B62stew:
First rule for carrying: Buy a good holster.

rule two: Observe the laws

Rule three: Don't sweat it.

You'll be fine
View Quote

All of which can be summarized in 3 letters:

ABC.

Always be cool.

Treat everyone respectfully, be polite, and don't intentionally cross people and you'll never get dicked with.

Link Posted: 12/9/2013 7:09:43 PM EST
Just get a good holster and try not to act like a doofus and nobody will know.
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 7:12:30 PM EST
My spare mag prints a bit, and my gun a tiny bit. All my casual shirts that I carry with have patterns to help hide it, but I really couldn't care less if someone noticed. No one has ever said anything to me.

I've only ever "made" someone once, but I swear they must have been carrying a full size 1911 at 3 o'clock, OWB, with just their shirt pulled over it.
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 7:17:08 PM EST
View Quote

This
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 7:17:31 PM EST
[Last Edit: 12/9/2013 7:33:24 PM EST by RVAguy]
The beans imprint in my chili...i just can't open carry it. Texas, land of Sheila Jackson Lee!
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 7:23:28 PM EST
sigh.

It never was illegal to accidentally "print", but that bullshit flew around so long we wasted valuable time getting a more clear law passed saying so instead of working on things like campus carry or open carry.... and people still think "printing is illegal". Time well spent indeed.

As to printing or worrying about it, I've carried full sized guns (Glock 17 and 5" 1911) IWB and OWB in nothing more than an XL t shirt and shorts for years and never once had someone ask if I was carrying a gun.

Get a gun stiff gun belt, a decent holster, and don't be so fat a tshirt looks more like spandex on you (or just buy a bigger shirt) and you'll be good to go.

Link Posted: 12/9/2013 7:30:45 PM EST
In LA, no one gets issued a permit to carry.....yet I assume EVERYONE is carrying. Paranoid?

I bought an inexpensive soft shell guitar gig bag as a low profile discreet covert way to transport my AR back & forth to the range without tipping off my neighbors when I carry stuff to & from my truck.

A few days later I nearly shit myself when I saw these 2 desperate looking nefarious characters walking down the street, each with a guitar gig bag over there shoulder. I just KNOW they were packing!
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 7:31:45 PM EST
Dont worry no one for the most part can even notice, I am a small build and carry a full size Glock 17 with light/laser If you cant conceal a sub compact you are doing something wrong.

Link Posted: 12/9/2013 7:59:11 PM EST
Originally Posted By 74novaman:
sigh.

It never was illegal to accidentally "print
", but that bullshit flew around so long we wasted valuable time getting a more clear law passed saying so instead of working on things like campus carry or open carry.... and people still think "printing is illegal". Time well spent indeed.

As to printing or worrying about it, I've carried full sized guns (Glock 17 and 5" 1911) IWB and OWB in nothing more than an XL t shirt and shorts for years and never once had someone ask if I was carrying a gun.

Get a gun stiff gun belt, a decent holster, and don't be so fat a tshirt looks more like spandex on you (or just buy a bigger shirt) and you'll be good to go.

View Quote

Is that the same kind of not illegal as OCing a long gun there? How's that working for you guys in Tejas?
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 8:32:55 PM EST
[Last Edit: 12/9/2013 8:34:30 PM EST by 74novaman]
Originally Posted By LarryThePirate:
Is that the same kind of not illegal as OCing a long gun there? How's that working for you guys in Tejas?
View Quote

You're so clever. Thanks for your valuable contributions to this thread.
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 8:34:00 PM EST
Don't know and don't care, I just carry my damn gun and try to make sure my shirt covers it.
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 8:40:48 PM EST
Originally Posted By Lohe:
Dont worry no one for the most part can even notice, I am a small build and carry a full size Glock 17 with light/laser If you cant conceal a sub compact you are doing something wrong.

<a href="http://s255.photobucket.com/user/lohe123/media/c50d88b0-03ba-4924-bb6a-73f8afbe5f92_zps1c928b6c.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh148/lohe123/c50d88b0-03ba-4924-bb6a-73f8afbe5f92_zps1c928b6c.jpg</a>

<a href="http://s255.photobucket.com/user/lohe123/media/IMG_1756_zps0e996056.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh148/lohe123/IMG_1756_zps0e996056.jpg</a>

<a href="http://s255.photobucket.com/user/lohe123/media/IMG_1758_zpse0637f5d.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh148/lohe123/IMG_1758_zpse0637f5d.jpg</a>
View Quote

You're a tech and your employer not only lets you carry, but you can stand carrying that while working all day? Shit man I give it to you thats commitment.
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 8:43:43 PM EST
Lots of people carry here, even in counties that won't allow it.

Most people aren't looking for a print.
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 8:48:49 PM EST
[Last Edit: 12/9/2013 8:52:19 PM EST by Jarhead_22]
The answer is Milt Sparks Versa Max II.

I own five of them, plus three of their belts. My only relationship with them is as a very happy customer of over a decade.

Link Posted: 12/9/2013 8:50:06 PM EST
Originally Posted By timpryor:
Don't know and don't care, I just carry my damn gun and try to make sure my shirt covers it.
View Quote

Yep.
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 8:53:33 PM EST
Originally Posted By first1903:

You're a tech and your employer not only lets you carry, but you can stand carrying that while working all day? Shit man I give it to you thats commitment.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By first1903:
Originally Posted By Lohe:

<a href="http://s255.photobucket.com/user/lohe123/media/c50d88b0-03ba-4924-bb6a-73f8afbe5f92_zps1c928b6c.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh148/lohe123/c50d88b0-03ba-4924-bb6a-73f8afbe5f92_zps1c928b6c.jpg</a>

<a href="http://s255.photobucket.com/user/lohe123/media/IMG_1756_zps0e996056.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh148/lohe123/IMG_1756_zps0e996056.jpg</a>

<a href="http://s255.photobucket.com/user/lohe123/media/IMG_1758_zpse0637f5d.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh148/lohe123/IMG_1758_zpse0637f5d.jpg</a>

It looks like he's a Snap-On dealer. You'd be crazy not to carry on a tool truck. I'm a tech and I just put the pistol in my tool box while at work. The boss doesn't care.
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 8:54:25 PM EST
Regularly. I don't really care.
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 8:55:11 PM EST
Fuck Tex-ass and their stupid fucking gun laws.
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/9/2013 8:58:42 PM EST
Originally Posted By eyerish:
Move to a free state.

View Quote

Link Posted: 12/9/2013 8:59:52 PM EST

View All Quotes

Offense Definition

Mental State Definition

Term Definitions

a compact XDm is hard to conceal? are you a midget?
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 9:01:41 PM EST
I have a big frame and conceal my 19 daily. But i also wear loose clothes
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 9:10:24 PM EST
I print all the time with my XXS super thin Hollister shirts.
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 9:25:47 PM EST
Originally Posted By redfish86:

Fuck antigun twats.
View Quote

So what is the law here?
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 3:39:05 AM EST
Originally Posted By Jarhead_22:
The answer is Milt Sparks Versa Max II.

I own five of them, plus three of their belts. My only relationship with them is as a very happy customer of over a decade.

http://www.ar15.com/media/viewFile.html?i=42400
http://www.ar15.com/media/viewFile.html?i=27961
http://www.ar15.com/media/viewFile.html?i=33854
http://www.ar15.com/media/viewFile.html?i=18558
View Quote

Very nice.
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 3:43:59 AM EST
It took me a few months (maybe closer to a year) to get past the whole "OMG AM I PRINTING/SHOWING" and always tugging on my shirt. I guess everybody eventually just gets over it. I have a smaller frame, so it's always been a little more difficult for me to conceal, but I now carry a Sig P938 in a Theis IWB and wear a stiff belt. Once I switched to the Sig and the Theis, the printing issue basically took care of itself.
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 3:46:13 AM EST

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 74novaman:
sigh.

It never was illegal to accidentally "print
", but that bullshit flew around so long we wasted valuable time getting a more clear law passed saying so instead of working on things like campus carry or open carry.... and people still think "printing is illegal". Time well spent indeed.

Boy, somebody sure has a lot of butthurt over Texas. What happened, Texas boy plug your sister or something??
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 3:54:17 AM EST
I print alot in the summer.Glock 19 supertuck at 3 is pretty good but tigbter t shirts still print
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 3:58:51 AM EST
Print all the time...not too bad. I've only been made once, and that was no biggee...it was by a Rockport PD officer, and he just tapped me on the shoulder and said my shirt pulled up when I got an item off the bottom shelf...he didn't ask to see my ID or CHL...just cautioned me about freaking out snow birds from up north.

I carry a Glock 23 and wear a galco OWB holster.

That being said...my leather holster squeaks...and I often wonder if that would be a giveaway.
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 3:59:46 AM EST
No body cares and very few people are observant enough to notice. Those who are are probably LEO or other trained individuals. Dark shirts with patterns hide almost anything. Learn to move correctly.....stoop rather than bend. Reach with weak side arm over your head etc....
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 4:09:39 AM EST
Originally Posted By redfish86:

Fuck antigun twats.
View Quote

This; I carry a large frame pistol everywhere I go, usually just under a tee shirt and shorts.

Do I think a really knowledgeable and highly observant person might be able to detect it due to certain visual cues, not all of which are associated with printing?

Hell yes.

It's never been a problem, ever.
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 4:16:26 AM EST
The only people that will see a gun printing (or think they do) are other gun people. Nobody else will think twice beyond "weird fashion choice".

I've had strangers accuse me of printing and always laugh. Since where they're looking isn't where the gun is.

Come on. It's Texas. If you have see a vest, you know there's a gun.

I used to work in the same building as the FBI office in Dallas. In Summer, the only people in vests were me and the FBI guys.
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 4:28:26 AM EST
Originally Posted By AR15fan:
Covered is concealed.
View Quote

This
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Top Top