Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 4/24/2014 11:17:05 AM EDT
Lately it seems like a plague around here. People are buried in their phones. There's the ones that do it while they are driving, you can see them looking down or at night see the glow of their phone as they hold it up to the wheel. Then there's the ones that text at red lights and fail to pay attention to when the light turns green, I'm always having to honk after they don't move. I don't get what is so important to risk other people's lives for. I'll only ever glance at my phone for a split second if I have to but never text/browse the internet.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 11:17:39 AM EDT
[#1]
Yes
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 11:18:06 AM EDT
[#2]
Everyone.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 11:18:53 AM EDT
[#3]
Yes. And I see 'em weaving around in their lane and going too slow also. It frightens me. It's far more epidemic than DUI.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 11:20:08 AM EDT
[#4]
I saw an asshole in a dodge pick-up on the freeway yesterday.  he was driving about 45 MPH and swerving all over 2 lanes.  texting and driving.  I wonder why the insurance fraud types don't take advantage of these people?
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 11:21:51 AM EDT
[#5]
All the time.

But, you know, the ones who really amaze me are those who're reading magazines. Crazy. Seems like I see them more and more these days. And for some reason, I spot these fools much more often when I'm on my motorcycle.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 11:22:50 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yes
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/24/2014 11:23:03 AM EDT
[#7]
Driving about 70 mph on a highway, I glanced at the BMW to my right, only to see the driver with one cell phone cradled against his ear by his left shoulder, texting with both hands on another cell phone, and steering with his knee.

Link Posted: 4/24/2014 11:23:12 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I saw an asshole in a dodge pick-up on the freeway yesterday.  he was driving about 45 MPH and swerving all over 2 lanes.  texting and driving.  I wonder why the insurance fraud types don't take advantage of these people?
View Quote

Im not an ins. fraud person but I've had some bad days at work and have been driving home and notice folks on the phones in my mirror. I always think..I could just slam on the brakes and get a lottery ticket but my luck Id end up in a wheel chair and they would die.

It is amazing how man folks are doing it. I would be surprised if we get some type of new auto airplane(or car) mode after a while to keep the children safer.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 11:23:31 AM EDT
[#9]
oh yeah, well that's what i assume theyre doing.  guess they could be twitterizing or facepaging.  either way, it's dangerous.  i like it when i can see someone is on their phone and they dont go when the light turns green, so i lay on the horn til they move
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 11:24:02 AM EDT
[#10]
I see it alot.  I take pics of them with my phone just in case I hear about a crash or something, then I can give the pics to the police as evidence.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 11:24:05 AM EDT
[#11]
Yes, all day, everyday, especially in stop-and-go rush hour traffic.

Every day, I am amazed at the number of people actively trying to commit suicide on my front bumper.

If you are gonna play car vs. truck, truck wins, not 90%, but 100% of the time.

Please yourself.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 11:24:14 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
All the time.

But, you know, the ones who really amaze me are those who're reading magazines. Crazy. Seems like I see them more and more these days. And for some reason, I spot these fools much more often when I'm on my motorcycle.
View Quote

I've saw a guy reading a novel driving down interstate 80 one morning.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 11:24:56 AM EDT
[#13]
Only when I'm on the motorcycle... with a beer in the other hand.

Sheesh... amateurs.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 11:25:06 AM EDT
[#14]
I'm usually too busy texting to notice.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 11:26:37 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 11:27:19 AM EDT
[#16]
I see it all the time. Funny this is, I even saw a cop do it once. I looked over and he was texting on his iphone. I beeped my horn and waved my finger at him in a no-no motion. He just laughed.

I know two people whose childred died while texting and driving. One crashed into a tree and the other crashed into the backend of a stopped semi. Both of them were still in high school. What a waste.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 11:27:48 AM EDT
[#17]
Seems like an epidemic of cops texting and typing shit into their laptops lately.  One just about ran me and the family off the road a couple of weeks ago.  Rednecks too.  They get on the interstate and pass you in their truck-boat-trucks doing 90 and then a few minutes later I go around them and they are doing 40 and texting.  
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 11:28:12 AM EDT
[#18]
I see way many more left-lane bandits, and grandma drivers these days than I see texting people.

Lead, follow, or get the fuck out of the way.  I don't care which you choose, but dammit, if you are in front.........don't be a rolling road-block.  If you can't help being slow, get the fuck out of the god damn way.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 11:28:46 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Yes. And I see 'em weaving around in their lane and going too slow also. It frightens me. It's far more epidemic than DUI.
View Quote

Yes. It's out of control. Last time I was in Vegas I noticed way more people doing it on the freeway than ever before. It'd been about a year since my visit before that.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 11:30:14 AM EDT
[#20]
Its so common here. I cant comment too much as eventually someone is going to hit me while texting and anything I say will be used against me in the court of law!

but God help them all if my boy is the vehicle with me when it happens.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 11:31:18 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
All the time.

Could you tell what it was? I seem to see mostly Us Weekly and People. Haven't seen a novel...yet.  
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 11:31:42 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

oh yeah, well that's what i assume theyre doing.  guess they could be twitterizing or facepaging.  either way, it's dangerous.  i like it when i can see someone is on their phone and they dont go when the light turns green, so i lay on the horn til they move
View Quote

Start laying on the horn before the light is green and watch them release the brake without looking up and rear end the person in front of them.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 11:32:15 AM EDT
[#23]
I was at the scene of a girl texting while driving at 55 mph, failed to see a stopped school bus, and instead of hitting the bus, she steered right

and hit the kids getting off the bus.  
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 11:32:19 AM EDT
[#24]
No shit - about a month ago I saw a guy driving on the freeway in the left lane, with his Ipad on his dash watching some sitcom.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 11:32:24 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
All the time.

View Quote

You notice a lot more stupid things when on a motorcycle because your senses are heightened.  Riding a motorcycle made me a better cage driver.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 11:33:08 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
All the time.

Getting dressed
Fapping
Using a laptop
Writing while on the phone
Eating a bowl of cereal
Feet on the dash or out the window
Et al..

That was just from my trip around the 285 Atlanta loop today.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 11:33:40 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Lately it seems like a plague around here. People are buried in their phones. There's the ones that do it while they are driving, you can see them looking down or at night see the glow of their phone as they hold it up to the wheel. Then there's the ones that text at red lights and fail to pay attention to when the light turns green, I'm always having to honk after they don't move. I don't get what is so important to risk other people's lives for. I'll only ever glance at my phone for a split second if I have to but never text/browse the internet.
View Quote

I'm that asshole.  When traffic is fucked and I spend an hour to drive 6 miles, I am stopped more than I am moving.  I don't post or text (much), but a quick glance at this forum or at facebook while sitting at some fucking five minute light isn't a big deal.  I pay attention to the light though, and it's very very rare that I hold anyone up.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 11:33:56 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

You notice a lot more stupid things when on a motorcycle because your senses are heightened.  Riding a motorcycle made me a better cage driver.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
All the time.

That's a good point.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 11:34:36 AM EDT
[#29]
OP, you do live in Somalia though--at least they are not shooting at you.  Texting is much more benign...
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 11:35:30 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote

Not really.  I do text and drive all the time.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 11:36:34 AM EDT
[#31]
I watch for the driver's head bobbing.

It is a sure sign of texting.

Link Posted: 4/24/2014 11:40:42 AM EDT
[#32]
I see people with their phones glued to their heads all the time.
I have hands free in my truck. I just tell the radio who to call, and it does it. Same thing if someone calls me. I just tell it to answer it.
It's funny. If my cell is in the house. It's still sinked to the truck till I get about 20 yards away.
Those idiots on their phones are dangerous.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 11:41:35 AM EDT
[#33]
EVERY FEMALE in my county!!!! Teeny bobber girls to 40 something wimens!!! Crazy!! They f with me I call 911 on'em!!
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 11:43:43 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Could you tell what it was? I seem to see mostly Us Weekly and People. Haven't seen a novel...yet.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
All the time.

No he had it up against his steering wheel.  It was pretty thick.  haha
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 11:46:28 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 11:46:47 AM EDT
[#36]
About every other person...

and funny thing is...it's against the law here.

That's working well obviously.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 11:47:15 AM EDT
[#37]
Around here I see it everyday.

They either look like DUI swerving all over the place or they're going 35 in the fast lane. Then 80 again until they get a reply.

I'll honk at them and give a gesturing wave.

Link Posted: 4/24/2014 11:49:11 AM EDT
[#38]
It's against the law to text while driving in Florida. I still see people do it, though.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 11:49:20 AM EDT
[#39]
No worse than fiddling with your kids or ipod.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 11:50:16 AM EDT
[#40]
HoLD On I'..mm typping thes on my fone rioght noww
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 11:52:06 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
No worse than fiddling with your kids or ipod.
View Quote

Or eating your mcdonalds or tuning your AM radio in 1960.  Distracted driving hasn't changed over the years, we just introduced more methods of distraction.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 12:00:35 PM EDT
[#42]
No I keep my eyes on the road. I dont want to hit a bump and spill my beer.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 12:02:20 PM EDT
[#43]
I'm driving right now
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 12:07:53 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote

This, while I watch for the police because it's a primary offense (or wtf they call it) now.

Link Posted: 4/24/2014 12:15:53 PM EDT
[#45]
Not really.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 12:18:03 PM EDT
[#46]
Yes, probably 1 out of every 4 or 5 drivers around my area.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 12:21:36 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote

This
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 12:25:42 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
About every other person...

and funny thing is...it's against the law here.

That's working well obviously.
View Quote

Same here. Guess the fine is not enough.

Link Posted: 4/24/2014 12:34:04 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

I see it alot.  I take pics of them with my phone just in case I hear about a crash or something, then I can give the pics to the police as evidence.
View Quote

How ironic.....

Link Posted: 4/24/2014 12:35:02 PM EDT
[#50]
Just for shits and giggles I counted at a busy intersection the other day. 11 out of a possible 16 were texting on their phones.

I just don't get "texting" -- just because it was an idea, doesn't make it a good idea.

We have freakin' "communicators" just like in Star Trek!! That was science fiction when I was a kid, but we have them now... called cell phones.

Can you imagine Captain Kirk choosing to hammer out (on a tiny typewriter) "Beam me up Scotty, I am about to have my head crushed by the Gorn!" instead of just saying it. Of course the higher technology would be to merely "say it" while keeping both eyes and one hand free to avoid the boulder tossing reptile.

Or in this thread's case, having those eyes and arms free to fucking pay attention no matter where you might be or what you might be doing.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top