Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 2/22/2014 10:39:29 AM EDT
Well check this out.

IGN: Could South Park: The Stick of Truth be the Best licensed Game Ever?

I know the game isn't released until March, but IGN had hands on with it, and was VERY impressed.  Seems that this isn't your typical whoring out of a license, but a legit deep RPG (turn based JRPG style at that) game set in the South Park universe, where you get to interact with all the characters, and the best part is you get to build your own character from the ground up in one of four classes, Thief, Warrior, Mage, or Jew.   Could be more hype than substance, but it is looking very promising, especially since the backbone of the game is done by Obsidian, and we all know their track record.  just something to keep an eye out on in case you haven't heard about it and might be interested.  

There are some videos at the provided link.

Link Posted: 2/22/2014 10:41:17 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm getting it on PC.  Looks great.
Link Posted: 2/22/2014 10:54:35 AM EDT
[#2]
Which version should I buy PS3 or PC verison????
Link Posted: 2/22/2014 10:59:33 AM EDT
[#3]
Yes, and no
Link Posted: 2/22/2014 11:18:15 AM EDT
[#4]
Seriously tempted to preorder that...
Link Posted: 2/22/2014 11:19:05 AM EDT
[#5]
Looks really neat!
Link Posted: 2/22/2014 11:20:02 AM EDT
[#6]
I preordered it for PC, since I haven't plugged in my xbox 360 since last summer.
Link Posted: 2/22/2014 11:22:45 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Well check this out.

I know the game isn't released until March, but IGN had hands on with it, and was VERY impressed.  Seems that this isn't your typical whoring out of a license, but a legit deep RPG (turn based JRPG style at that) game set in the South Park universe, where you get to interact with all the characters, and the best part is you get to build your own character from the ground up in one of four classes, Thief, Warrior, Mage, or Jew.   Could be more hype than substance, but it is looking very promising, especially since the backbone of the game is done by Obsidian, and we all know their track record.  just something to keep an eye out on in case you haven't heard about it and might be interested.  

View Quote

Ok, I lol'd.

Link Posted: 2/22/2014 11:22:50 AM EDT
[#8]
I know that the South Park pinball machine is the greatest device that has ever been created for entertainment purposes.
Link Posted: 2/22/2014 11:35:00 AM EDT
[#9]
I also preordered on PC.
Link Posted: 2/22/2014 11:37:00 AM EDT
[#10]
After watching some more videos... Preordered the PS3 version.
Link Posted: 2/22/2014 11:38:05 AM EDT
[#11]
ah shit. well looks like I'm back in pc gaming....fuck.
Link Posted: 2/22/2014 11:43:23 AM EDT
[#12]
$60 no way

It'll be $5 eventually and I'll bite.

Link Posted: 2/22/2014 11:44:37 AM EDT
[#13]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
$60 no way

It'll be $5 eventually and I'll bite.

View Quote

Pick up on a STEAM sale later in the year.
Link Posted: 2/22/2014 11:48:04 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Yes, and no
View Quote
That.

South Park is one of my guilty pleasures . I dont like Futureama , Family Guy , Simpsons or any of the others , much at all ....I cant remember the last time I sat through an episode of any of them ....but I admit I get a craving for SoPark every so often and will watch and laugh like a little kid .

I just cant play computer games anymore though .

Link Posted: 2/22/2014 11:53:23 AM EDT
[#15]
If it was available right now, I would be in my car on my way to get it.  That looks awesome!
Link Posted: 2/22/2014 11:54:55 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Ok, I lol'd.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Well check this out.

Ok, I lol'd.

Yup.
Link Posted: 2/22/2014 11:56:04 AM EDT
[#17]
That looks awesome.
Link Posted: 2/22/2014 11:57:33 AM EDT
[#18]
Really? I'm skeptical that a cartoon ported to a video game could be all that great.
Link Posted: 2/22/2014 12:04:16 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Really? I'm skeptical that a cartoon ported to a video game could be all that great.
View Quote

And you should be.  But this isn't your typical licensed game that is pushed out the door to be out in time of a movie release...this, well at least it seems to be, a finely crafted RPG that just happens to happen in South Park.  From IGN's ravings about it, and the fact that that this was made by a company (Obsidian) that has a fantastic track record for making "tier 1" RPG style games, I am very optimistic about it...I am kind of hoping for it to be like KOTR, where yes it uses a license, but it really does its own thing.  To be honest, the thing I am most worried about, is whether the PC version feels like a cheap port or not that all but requires a game pad to play (which I have, but I prefer using a mouse and keyboard to play games, especially in a game like this where you will be using a lot of menus to choose attacks, potions, etc.)

I am not going to pre order it, but I am defiantly going to be reading reviews to see if it lives up to the hype.
Link Posted: 2/22/2014 12:04:35 PM EDT
[#20]
Pre-ordered!
Link Posted: 2/22/2014 12:10:46 PM EDT
[#21]
Ryan McCaffrey (formerly from Xbox Magazine) wrote that IGN article.  Anyone who listened to his Xbox podcast back then knows he does NOT suck developer dick and he calls it like he sees it.

If it was shit, he would say so.  He appears to absolutely love the game.
Link Posted: 2/22/2014 12:21:10 PM EDT
[#22]
Pre-order the PC version from Gamefly for $47.99.  Use coupon code FEB20OFF.  The game activates on Steam.

Link Posted: 2/22/2014 12:28:27 PM EDT
[#23]
Looks fun
Link Posted: 2/22/2014 12:37:35 PM EDT
[#24]
Pre-ordered!
Link Posted: 2/22/2014 12:40:07 PM EDT
[#25]
Watched the video of the first 13 minutes.... hilarious. Game should probably be fun.

You chose "Douchebag."
Link Posted: 2/22/2014 7:14:49 PM EDT
[#26]
Why yes, I do believe I shall give this a go.
Link Posted: 2/23/2014 5:36:21 AM EDT
[#27]
This may actually take me away from GTA Online for a bit. This looks really good.
Link Posted: 2/23/2014 7:18:10 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Pre-order the PC version from Gamefly for $47.99.  Use coupon code FEB20OFF.  The game activates on Steam.

http://digital.gamefly.com/#!/download-south-park-the-stick-of-truth/5007473

View Quote

I promised myself I wouldn't, but the discount was good enough to justify getting fent.   I just know the quality is good, I just pray that the depth and length of the game is worth the price tag.
Link Posted: 2/23/2014 7:32:21 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Ok, I lol'd.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Well check this out.

Ok, I lol'd.

Same here!
Link Posted: 2/23/2014 7:39:14 PM EDT
[#30]
You've got to be fucking kidding me, I thought the title was just a joke made up for the console wars episodes.

I'm so fucking IN.

The fact that it was developed by Obsidian makes it even better.

OP you just made my day, I had no idea this was even coming.

Link Posted: 2/23/2014 7:45:13 PM EDT
[#31]
I'll probably end up playing it.
Link Posted: 2/23/2014 7:45:35 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 2/23/2014 7:46:08 PM EDT
[#33]
I am going to be severely disappointed if they don't do a "Hey kids, do you like Pokemon?   Well then you'll LOVE...." type commercial.
Link Posted: 2/23/2014 7:56:33 PM EDT
[#34]
Looks like fun
Link Posted: 2/23/2014 8:34:40 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Same here!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Well check this out.

Ok, I lol'd.

Same here!

Im snarfing on my mac and cheese right now!
Link Posted: 2/23/2014 8:45:46 PM EDT
[#36]
No XBONE? wtf is wrong with these devs? How can release a huge title like this on the last gen platform? It's bullshit. Oh, well, PC it is.
Link Posted: 2/23/2014 9:07:57 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I am going to be severely disappointed if they don't do a "Hey kids, do you like Pokemon?   Well then you'll LOVE...." type commercial.
View Quote

I wonder if "Alabama Man" or the "Wild Wacky Action Bike" will be hidden anywhere in the game.
Link Posted: 2/23/2014 9:12:47 PM EDT
[#38]
I no longer play games, but I think watching a 6 hour you tube video of game play would be entertaining.
Link Posted: 2/23/2014 9:22:04 PM EDT
[#39]
I'm intrigued.

Going to wait until release though.

No more buying in to be a damn beta tester.  I already that that for DayZ.  
Link Posted: 2/23/2014 9:24:51 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

No XBONE? wtf is wrong with these devs? How can release a huge title like this on the last gen platform? It's bullshit. Oh, well, PC it is.
View Quote
because its been delayed forever, since before next gen consoles came out...

pc master race either way!

Link Posted: 2/23/2014 9:31:28 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Watched the video of the first 13 minutes.... hilarious. Game should probably be fun.

You chose "Douchebag."
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/1/2014 4:59:24 AM EDT
[#42]
Pre-loading is now available on Steam.

Link Posted: 3/1/2014 5:25:08 AM EDT
[#43]

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

You chose "Douchebag."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5w0cakO78u8
I may actually install and play a game for the first time in years.

Link Posted: 3/1/2014 7:29:26 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You chose "Douchebag."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5w0cakO78u8

"Your coming has been foretold by Coldwell Banker."

"Here you can see our massive stables, overseen by the Level 9 Ranger, Scott Malkinson, who has the power of diabetes."
Link Posted: 3/1/2014 1:10:01 PM EDT
[#45]
This looks like it will be awesome. Good job OP
Link Posted: 3/1/2014 1:16:24 PM EDT
[#46]
lol, I love cartman.
Link Posted: 3/1/2014 1:19:52 PM EDT
[#47]
Jew class. lulz.
Link Posted: 3/1/2014 1:30:51 PM EDT
[#48]
Getting it for PC
Link Posted: 3/1/2014 1:54:35 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 3/3/2014 6:48:41 PM EDT
[#50]
Its getting close to fo time!
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top