Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 2/7/2006 5:59:27 PM EDT
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 6:00:16 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm usually doing two chicks at the same time.

So yes, I know when i'm dreaming.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 6:00:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Happens to me maybe once a month.  I can even take control of the dream sometimes, including waking myself up!
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 6:02:11 PM EDT
[#3]
+1, I know when Im dreaming sometimes. Its cool
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 6:06:32 PM EDT
[#4]
sometimes, but my weapons never have bullets or whoever I am shooting is invincible

or before I get them naked my wife wakes me up
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 6:08:29 PM EDT
[#5]
I once had a dream where I was a horse fly.  I was buzzing around a barn and there was this cute vet working on a horse.  She asked some guy to help by holding onto the horses cock.  

He cried instead.  He was mumbling something about his small penis.

His duaghter was laughing at him too.

Very strange dream
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 6:08:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Iv'e been in control of my dreams for a long time.

But, I'm still suprised sometimes.

GM
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 6:11:00 PM EDT
[#7]
I am always aware that I am dreaming while asleep.  I can only recall one or two times that I was so involved in a dream that I wasn't cognizant that I was dreaming.  I don't have nightmares either.  I have bad dreams like most people, but in them I am always aware that it is just a dream.

I thought most people were this way.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 6:11:53 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I once had a dream where I was a horse fly.  I was buzzing around a barn and there was this cute vet working on a horse.  She asked some guy to help by holding onto the horses cock.  

Very strange dream

Ooooh, you are bad!
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 6:20:31 PM EDT
[#9]
Yeah, usually during one of those pseudo-sleep paralysis/sleep apnea events.  Just had one this week where I was conscious and trying to roll over but couldn't move a muscle.  I gotta get myself checked out.  
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 6:22:30 PM EDT
[#10]
I usually know when I'm dreaming, it's hard to control though. I haven't had  a dream for several months now.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 6:23:45 PM EDT
[#11]
I had a dream that I was being stabbed. When I woke up it was painful where I was being stabbed
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 6:24:19 PM EDT
[#12]
A few times.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 6:27:31 PM EDT
[#13]
I can know that I'm dreaming, and also control it. My awareness generally is higher when I don't like the dream.

For instance, if it's a bad dream, something in me goes "wait a minute, this is just a dream, it isn't really happening" and then can change it to something else.

Sometimes I dream I'm back in school and have to go through class and get ordered around. Those are the ones where I most often say "hey, this is a dream, I don't have to do this". Last time it happened I decided to just walk home instead  of staying in school (and told the teachers I didn't have to obey them). That was a blast.

I've even had dreams where I catch myself thinking 'this would be a good movie plot' and I go back over it several times filling in plot holes and eliminating stupid stuff.

Of course, as usually happens, once the really good stuff starts either my alarm goes off or the phone rings.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 6:32:15 PM EDT
[#14]
If I didn't know I was dreaming, I'd be in serious trouble. I've been attacked and shot so many times in my dreams, fallen off cliffs, executed, zapped by a myriad of aliens, etc, that if I didn't realize at some point that I'm dreaming, I'd be a drooling ward of the state in some institution.

And it works for the good dreams too. It's like, hey, I really want to put it to this sweet thing, but the scene is changing, but WAIT, I'm dreaming so I go back and control the outcome.
Works every time.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 6:33:19 PM EDT
[#15]
It happens to me every so often, but I almost always wake up a few seconds after realizing I'm dreaming. Usually it is because something really, really bad happened in the dream and I remember it doesn't matter 'cause it ain't real. Then I wake up.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 6:34:33 PM EDT
[#16]
once in a while
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 6:39:40 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 6:48:07 PM EDT
[#18]
Yah...   Because it always involves girls........
what can i say.... i'm single
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 6:59:59 PM EDT
[#19]
When I was younger I knew I was dreaming, I could control them, and I could continue them night by night simply by thinking about them as I went to sleep. If someone was shooting at me, or I was being overtaken by wolves, I could kind of rewind a little and change things in my favor.

Now I rarely even remember having dreams, and when I do it's usually something stupid. The last one I remember was just a few nights ago, and I was arguing with my dad. (He died in 1992). He was telling me everything I'd ever done that he didn't like, and I was doing the same to him. I can't remember what most of those things were, but it seemed to go on for a long time.  I can't remember the any dream prior to that for a least several weeks.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 7:07:53 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Very strange dream

OK, sit on the couch.

Tell me about your mother.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 7:10:06 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Very strange dream

OK, sit on the couch.

He is referring to an earlier thread of which I could no longer find.   No one else seems to have picked up on it.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 7:11:43 PM EDT
[#22]
I believe it is called "Lucid Dreaming"

In college, I took an elective course called "Psychology of Altered States", where we practiced techniques to foster lucid dreaming, as well as all kinds of wierd stuff like self hypnosis, biofeedback device manupulation, and sensory depravation.

Great class,  no written tests!
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 7:13:25 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Very strange dream

OK, sit on the couch.

He is referring to an earlier thread of which I could no longer find.   No one else seems to have picked up on it.

I guess I missed it.

Sounds interesting . . .
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 7:14:05 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
I believe it is called "Lucid Dreaming"

In college, I took an elective course called "Psychology of Altered States", where we practiced techniques to foster lucid dreaming, as well as all kinds of wierd stuff like self hypnosis, biofeedback device manupulation, and sensory depravation.

Great class,  no written tests!

doh.. beat me to it..  It is.  I did my HS term paper on it

Yes, i do it pretty often..  can be pretty fun
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 7:14:17 PM EDT
[#25]
Everytime I dream.. and its everytime... All the people in my dream wear the same kinda pants.. Always the same.. I always know its a dream.. Even when they get real sketchy and freaky.. it sucks, cause I see the pants and know... For once, cant they just wear something else.. Hate when I get to some point where all hell is breaking loose, and I see the pants and think... Well damn, I dont need to run, or It doesnt matter whats gonna happen, cause I know its a dream..

Oh well.. Maybe one day..

(0_o) Dan
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 7:17:12 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
sometimes, but my weapons never have bullets or whoever I am shooting is invincible

I have the one where the trigger will not pull back sometimes, kinda disturbing when you wake up and remember it.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 7:19:24 PM EDT
[#27]
I always know I'm dreaming and I can control the dreams for the most part.

The zombie dream while awaiting the release of LOTD was awsome!
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 7:21:37 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 7:22:01 PM EDT
[#29]
Yeah, every once once and a while I catch myself, but I'm usually too caught up in experiancing it to really give a fuck.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 7:22:24 PM EDT
[#30]
I experience this so called "lucid dreaming" occasionally.

Whenever I have guns in my dreams the trigger can never be pulled. I've read about other people having the same thing happen in dreams- it is the "1,000 pound trigger pull" type dream.

Someone above me said something about them hurting where they dreamed they were being stabbed,  stuff like that has happened  to me. I found out it happens when your are sleeping on that part of the body.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 7:23:11 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 7:27:05 PM EDT
[#32]
What is really scary is when the dream seems real and I know that I'm dreaming but I cannot wake up or change the subject of the dream.

Maybe that is when the aliens carry me off to the mothership to fertilize the alien/human hybrids.  
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 7:41:22 PM EDT
[#33]
I know that im dreaming but i cannot control or really care that i am i usually just go along with it. never really tried to control it but i hate the fact that anytime some crazy psycho tries to kill me my gun never works, they never get me though, im to slick for that.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 7:43:34 PM EDT
[#34]
It happens to me often.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 8:16:48 PM EDT
[#35]
EDIT--Can't find it. Nevermind.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 8:20:35 PM EDT
[#36]
Yes, I found it again, but it is in the team forum.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 9:35:32 PM EDT
[#37]
yeah when it's going to good , I think "wait a second this wouldn't happen in my real life....

the worst dreams though are when you can't run fast, you're being chased but you can only go in slow motion, or theres big weird snakes or reptiles all around, can't ake up from those dreams fast enough, but win the lottery or with some gal, or talking to some loved ones who passed away, you wake up real fast....bummer
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 9:44:20 PM EDT
[#38]
I usually know when I'm dreaming, but really can't control them.  It always seems when the dream starts getting to a good point I realize that it's time to get up.  

Also, it's been awhile...maybe 6 years, but I used to have a dream quite regularly where I was trying to pull the trigger on my duty weapon but the hammer would not come completely back.  Nice to know others have had a similar dream. I always chalked it up to the fact my subconscious rejected the S&W 1086 DAO 10 pound trigger pull.  
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 9:45:12 PM EDT
[#39]
It happens all of the time.  I seldom don't know when I'm dreaming.  On occasion, I'll be being chased by some beastie in a nightmare and I'll think "Wait...this is a dream, why am I screwing around?  I'm God in this world."  Then I'll make myself fly like Peter Pan, waving goodbye to the beastie as it snaps and snarls on the ground.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 10:09:13 AM EDT
[#40]
Yeah, whenever I'm getting laid I realize "wait a second, this can't be happening", and sure enough, I wake up.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 5:14:52 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 6:43:09 PM EDT
[#42]
Next time I have one I'm gonna try and conjure up a room full of Class III FAs(MATRIX STYLE) and have a full fledged zombie war or something. As long as I can pull the trigger. Maybe if i slept with my hand facing up instead of facing down or in a fist.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 7:10:20 PM EDT
[#43]
I know I am dreaming when I am the hero, when I make a financial decision that wins big time, when I am healthy and athletically poised, when I am leading some organization or the nation, when I fix the plumbing and it doesn't leak, ...then I know I am dreaming...
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 9:32:04 PM EDT
[#44]
I've knocked the shit out of my wife when asleep.  I was having a nightmare (Probably about the dead attacking me) and she tried to wake me.  She says I punched in her face and rolled over back to sleep.  She hasn't tried to wake me since then.  I'm often plagued by dreams where I try to fire and the weapon malf's up.  Just a pull and click.  It might be PTSD since it been getting worse the longer I've been in the military.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 9:33:06 PM EDT
[#45]
I usually have 100% dream control. I've lived out some crazy fantasies.

Best ability ever.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 9:34:01 PM EDT
[#46]
nope, but i wish i did know...  i've had some pretty fucked up nightmares the last few nights
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 9:36:27 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I have the one where the trigger will not pull back sometimes, kinda disturbing when you wake up and remember it.

go to the range more. they'll go away.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 9:50:42 PM EDT
[#48]
I had it happen to me just today.

Earlier today I was just laying down thinking about taking a nap, and I knew I was dozing off half awake and half asleep, and I started to think about something in that hallucinationg half awake half asleep way.

After a while I was laying down in my bed, except it wasnt my bed because it was a small fullsize bed and not my queen size bed, but I still had the same blanket, and instead of my cluttered room with white walls it was a mostly empty room with offwhite walls and a small radio playing in one of the corners.

Then I started hallucinating that my girlfriend was standing by the bed (although it looked nothing like her) so I got out of bed and started to dance with her. After a little bit of this I looked up at the celing in a corner of the room and I started to float up to it to get a closer look.

Its then I think hey everything is a bit hazy, like in a dream. I focus my eyes while looking at the corner of the wall that I'm floating up to, it becomes perfectly clear  and I have an ephipany, this is a dream, I'm aware of it, and I'm conscious and can think like normal.

For a brief few seconds everything no longer looks like a dream, it looks real. I start to ponder what I will do with my newfound lucidity. Then I start to fall, not the kind of fall that you have while you sleep that jerks you awake, no from my position hovering near the ceiling I start to drift down rapidly yet gently as if I'm being pulled back into my body. I think to myself "NOOOOOOOOOOO." I float back down to where I imagine my body to be, then my vision goes all staticy and scrambled as if I lost the signal to something and then I wake up.

Boy that fucking pissed me off in a way. Because for a few brief seconds it seemed that I had more lucidity in that dream than I have ever had in any other dream, and then for no real reason I was yanked out of it and woke up.

It was really kind of creepy the way it happened in my dream as I woke up. I have never had an out of body experience but if I were to guess how one felt I think it would be like in my dream.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 9:56:30 PM EDT
[#49]
Yup it happens!

But what is sometimes freaky is when you know you are in a dream, and you "tell" yourself to wake up, but you CANT!

Sometimes, i dream of a scenario where i was panicking because I had to take the BAR examinations! Then I remember, hey ... this can't be happenning, I passed the BAR already! Wierd.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 9:57:51 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
Yeah, usually during one of those pseudo-sleep paralysis/sleep apnea events.  Just had one this week where I was conscious and trying to roll over but couldn't move a muscle.  I gotta get myself checked out.  

That's what I was saying ... exactly like that!
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top