Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/16/2005 3:50:52 PM EDT
I just had a real bad one, maybe I should use a sick day today Yeah theres nothing quite as nice as having a bad dream about the place then wake up & have to go there . The sad thing is I used to enjoy going in untill they hired this ego driven retard to be head supervisor. I'd like to push him out a window & let him dangle over the parking lot by his ratty ponytail yeah that would be fun.
Link Posted: 3/16/2005 3:53:19 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I just had a real bad one, maybe I should use a sick day today Yeah theres nothing quite as nice as having a bad dream about the place then wake up & have to go there . The sad thing is I used to enjoy going in untill they hired this ego driven retard to be head supervisor. I'd like to push him out a window & let him dangle over the parking lot by his ratty ponytail yeah that would be fun.

It's a work-mare.

I only had them after leaving the last place.  That I was still there.  New place is awesome.
Link Posted: 3/16/2005 4:13:00 PM EDT
[#2]
I make it a policy to put any time spent dreaming about work on my time card.
Link Posted: 3/16/2005 4:15:34 PM EDT
[#3]
It's my policy also but it never happens.  I've chased bad guys all night long for the last 5+ years.
Wife hates it, what can ya do?
Link Posted: 3/16/2005 4:57:50 PM EDT
[#4]
I sometimes have nightmares about my old job: mortician.
Link Posted: 3/16/2005 5:00:18 PM EDT
[#5]
I started having literal nightmares about choosing my precision rifle.  It was for some reason between the FNH A3G USG (Which I want) and the HS Precision HTR.  Then I had a few about a GA Precision Rock...

It sucks.  
Link Posted: 3/16/2005 5:01:38 PM EDT
[#6]
My wife tells me I have wood damn near all night so I'm guessing not.
Link Posted: 3/16/2005 5:09:38 PM EDT
[#7]
no, I like my job.
Link Posted: 3/16/2005 5:10:47 PM EDT
[#8]
I never dream about my job anymore, but none of my dreams are good.
Link Posted: 3/16/2005 5:11:03 PM EDT
[#9]
I quit my job 4 months ago, and I still have dreams about it.
Link Posted: 3/16/2005 5:42:18 PM EDT
[#10]
Two different jobs. It was my sign that something was stressing me out and I needed a change. For the first one it wasn't a big deal because I was temping in another postion for the day. So I never went back. The second time required a bit more work to figure out how to get out of the crap that was stressing me. Once I found it, I didn't have those nightmares again.
Link Posted: 3/16/2005 5:43:07 PM EDT
[#11]
What if your job is a nightmare?
Link Posted: 3/16/2005 6:22:11 PM EDT
[#12]
Sometimes, when I have a lot of problems with the water plant I run.  No night shift operator, so I have an alarm next to my bed.

If I ignore something I might be able to fix in the morning, of course it will alarm at 2 AM.  Get a few of those and you will dream about it.

Some joker replaced the alarm.wav file with a wav file of  a woman moaning in extacy.  I hate both those sounds now.  Getting to a steamy movie scene gets me irritated by association - makes me think of tanks overflowing, polymer pump problems, recycle pump tripping....
Link Posted: 3/16/2005 7:30:57 PM EDT
[#13]
Not lately thankfully .
Link Posted: 3/17/2005 2:13:33 AM EDT
[#14]
I used to dream about my old job. Loading trucks at UPS. Nothing interesting would happen. Just me loading trucks. I would wake up exhausted. It sucked!
Link Posted: 3/17/2005 2:18:56 AM EDT
[#15]
This whole thing is a nightmare, for every person I really help there are alot beyond my help.

Its like trying to save one person in a swarm of zombies, except without the shooting in the head and burning thing
Link Posted: 3/17/2005 2:30:33 AM EDT
[#16]
Sometimes after a long day (12+) I have bad dreams like soon as I go to bed I feel like I am back to work.  My eyes are open but I just can't seem to get work out of my head.  Nothing worse than waking up feeling like you have just worked 27 straight hours.
Link Posted: 3/17/2005 2:33:49 AM EDT
[#17]
i had a dream last week my boss came in and installed a slurpy machine.

for some reason, i found this deeply disturbing......
Link Posted: 3/17/2005 3:03:30 AM EDT
[#18]
My nightmare already happened on 11 Sept. 2001
Link Posted: 3/17/2005 3:04:28 AM EDT
[#19]
There are only two jobs worse then the one you now have; The one you quit to go where you are, and the one you are going to.
Link Posted: 3/17/2005 3:05:20 AM EDT
[#20]
the way you feel about your supervisor, I would just stay home today, if I were you

just my $.02 worth
Link Posted: 3/17/2005 3:13:22 AM EDT
[#21]
When a job starts eliciting nightmares, and regularly interrupts sleep, its time to find different work.
Link Posted: 3/17/2005 3:14:46 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 3/17/2005 3:16:19 AM EDT
[#23]
... Not really nightmares; but sometimes (like this morning) I wake thinking about my project I'm working and can't get much sleep afterwards

... When this happens, the nightmare begins about 2:00PM when I start losing my energy and focus
Link Posted: 3/17/2005 6:18:57 AM EDT
[#24]
My policy is "Any dream about work is a nightmare." So is any dream with the ex- in it. Fortunately I don't have many, especially starring the ex.

Now "traditional" type nightmares I really don't suffer from. I think because I think of them more as cool movies than scary dreams.
Link Posted: 3/17/2005 8:23:17 AM EDT
[#25]
Yep, I have them now, but with the stress, its kinda expected.  It's really confusing when you're dreaming about outages and then the pager really goes off.  You kinda have to take a step back and confirm its real.

I used to get them when I was delivering pizza, right after college too.  I had the address, the pizza was really late, and everytime I tried to find the house, I'd wind up passing it and having to turn around.  Everytime I did this, I'd just pass it again.  It would go on and on until I woke up.

That's when I decided it was time to find a real career........

And a new recurring nightmare
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top