Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 3/16/2005 2:50:52 PM EST
I just had a real bad one, maybe I should use a sick day today Yeah theres nothing quite as nice as having a bad dream about the place then wake up & have to go there . The sad thing is I used to enjoy going in untill they hired this ego driven retard to be head supervisor. I'd like to push him out a window & let him dangle over the parking lot by his ratty ponytail yeah that would be fun.
Link Posted: 3/16/2005 2:53:19 PM EST

Originally Posted By HunterGren:
I just had a real bad one, maybe I should use a sick day today Yeah theres nothing quite as nice as having a bad dream about the place then wake up & have to go there . The sad thing is I used to enjoy going in untill they hired this ego driven retard to be head supervisor. I'd like to push him out a window & let him dangle over the parking lot by his ratty ponytail yeah that would be fun.

It's a work-mare.

I only had them after leaving the last place. That I was still there. New place is awesome.
Link Posted: 3/16/2005 3:13:00 PM EST
I make it a policy to put any time spent dreaming about work on my time card.
Link Posted: 3/16/2005 3:15:34 PM EST
It's my policy also but it never happens. I've chased bad guys all night long for the last 5+ years.
Wife hates it, what can ya do?
Link Posted: 3/16/2005 3:57:50 PM EST
I sometimes have nightmares about my old job: mortician.
Link Posted: 3/16/2005 4:00:18 PM EST
I started having literal nightmares about choosing my precision rifle. It was for some reason between the FNH A3G USG (Which I want) and the HS Precision HTR. Then I had a few about a GA Precision Rock...

It sucks.
Link Posted: 3/16/2005 4:01:38 PM EST
My wife tells me I have wood damn near all night so I'm guessing not.
Link Posted: 3/16/2005 4:09:38 PM EST
no, I like my job.
Link Posted: 3/16/2005 4:10:47 PM EST
I never dream about my job anymore, but none of my dreams are good.
Link Posted: 3/16/2005 4:11:03 PM EST
I quit my job 4 months ago, and I still have dreams about it.
Link Posted: 3/16/2005 4:42:18 PM EST
Two different jobs. It was my sign that something was stressing me out and I needed a change. For the first one it wasn't a big deal because I was temping in another postion for the day. So I never went back. The second time required a bit more work to figure out how to get out of the crap that was stressing me. Once I found it, I didn't have those nightmares again.
Link Posted: 3/16/2005 4:43:07 PM EST
What if your job is a nightmare?
Link Posted: 3/16/2005 5:22:11 PM EST
Sometimes, when I have a lot of problems with the water plant I run. No night shift operator, so I have an alarm next to my bed.

If I ignore something I might be able to fix in the morning, of course it will alarm at 2 AM. Get a few of those and you will dream about it.

Some joker replaced the alarm.wav file with a wav file of a woman moaning in extacy. I hate both those sounds now. Getting to a steamy movie scene gets me irritated by association - makes me think of tanks overflowing, polymer pump problems, recycle pump tripping....
Link Posted: 3/16/2005 6:30:57 PM EST
Not lately thankfully .
Link Posted: 3/17/2005 1:13:33 AM EST
I used to dream about my old job. Loading trucks at UPS. Nothing interesting would happen. Just me loading trucks. I would wake up exhausted. It sucked!
Link Posted: 3/17/2005 1:18:56 AM EST
This whole thing is a nightmare, for every person I really help there are alot beyond my help.

Its like trying to save one person in a swarm of zombies, except without the shooting in the head and burning thing
Link Posted: 3/17/2005 1:30:33 AM EST
Sometimes after a long day (12+) I have bad dreams like soon as I go to bed I feel like I am back to work. My eyes are open but I just can't seem to get work out of my head. Nothing worse than waking up feeling like you have just worked 27 straight hours.
Link Posted: 3/17/2005 1:33:49 AM EST
i had a dream last week my boss came in and installed a slurpy machine.

for some reason, i found this deeply disturbing......
Link Posted: 3/17/2005 2:03:30 AM EST
My nightmare already happened on 11 Sept. 2001
Link Posted: 3/17/2005 2:04:28 AM EST
There are only two jobs worse then the one you now have; The one you quit to go where you are, and the one you are going to.
Link Posted: 3/17/2005 2:05:20 AM EST
the way you feel about your supervisor, I would just stay home today, if I were you

just my $.02 worth
Link Posted: 3/17/2005 2:13:22 AM EST
When a job starts eliciting nightmares, and regularly interrupts sleep, its time to find different work.
Link Posted: 3/17/2005 2:14:46 AM EST
Link Posted: 3/17/2005 2:16:19 AM EST
... Not really nightmares; but sometimes (like this morning) I wake thinking about my project I'm working and can't get much sleep afterwards

... When this happens, the nightmare begins about 2:00PM when I start losing my energy and focus
Link Posted: 3/17/2005 5:18:57 AM EST
My policy is "Any dream about work is a nightmare." So is any dream with the ex- in it. Fortunately I don't have many, especially starring the ex.

Now "traditional" type nightmares I really don't suffer from. I think because I think of them more as cool movies than scary dreams.
Link Posted: 3/17/2005 7:23:17 AM EST
Yep, I have them now, but with the stress, its kinda expected. It's really confusing when you're dreaming about outages and then the pager really goes off. You kinda have to take a step back and confirm its real.

I used to get them when I was delivering pizza, right after college too. I had the address, the pizza was really late, and everytime I tried to find the house, I'd wind up passing it and having to turn around. Everytime I did this, I'd just pass it again. It would go on and on until I woke up.

That's when I decided it was time to find a real career........

And a new recurring nightmare
Top Top