Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/6/2004 7:37:24 AM EST
I normally sleep in a seperate room from my wife (we like it that way) and only once in awhile do we share the same bed.

ANyways, last night we shared the same bed...for awhile anyways. AFter 2 hours of me being asleep she woke me because I was grinding my teeth so loud it kept waking her...every 5 minutes or so she said.

So, do you grind your teeth also?

And what causes this?

SGtar15
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 7:40:39 AM EST
No I like to do my grinding before bed!!!
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 7:41:46 AM EST
My bride says that I used to pretty bad. At one point I stopped but now she says I snore.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 7:43:40 AM EST
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 7:49:11 AM EST
When I'm very busy at work (Truck Driver), I don't get a lot of sleep. When I do finally have to stop for some rest, I quite often wake myself up from grinding my teeth. I would imagine it because of stress.
When things calm down and I'm working normal hours, I don't seem to have that problem. I tried the "Doctor's Nightguard" or whatever it's called but I damn near gag on it. Screw my teeth, that thing is gross.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 7:54:32 AM EST

Originally Posted By sgtar15:
I normally sleep in a seperate room from my wife (we like it that way) and only once in awhile do we share the same bed.

ANyways, last night we shared the same bed...for awhile anyways. AFter 2 hours of me being asleep she woke me because I was grinding my teeth so loud it kept waking her...every 5 minutes or so she said.

So, do you grind your teeth also?

And what causes this?

SGtar15

You might try laying off the meth for a while.

Link Posted: 9/6/2004 8:00:14 AM EST

Originally Posted By Sweep:
I've heard that it's caused by stress. So what's been stressing you out lately? Nightmares of attack kittens with minature AR15's?

Let's see..I have a 17 y.o. son. The elections are coming up. I have pain daily. I have a few doctor visits coming up. War in Iaqi might spread over the next few years and I have a 17 y.o. son.

Hmmmmmmmmmmm

Nope...no stress

SGatr15
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 8:03:27 AM EST
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 8:15:41 AM EST
Yes, Ii have chips on my teeth from it. Also I think it might be one of the reasons for my headaches at night.

Have tried a mouthguard but can't sleep with it in my mouth.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 8:17:34 AM EST
nope.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 8:19:34 AM EST
PAIN and stress can cause this, or so a Neuroligist told me. WEAR a night guard ON YOUR BOTTOM teeth....its easier to retain in your mouth comfortabally IMO. It will wear holes in your teeth over time sonny.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 8:23:42 AM EST

Originally Posted By dnra:
PAIN and stress can cause this, or so a Neuroligist told me. WEAR a night guard ON YOUR BOTTOM teeth....its easier to retain in your mouth comfortabally IMO. It will wear holes in your teeth over time sonny.

+1 on the mouthguard. Been grinding my teeth for years.. sometimes I can pinpoint stress, other times I can't. Mr and I don't like sleeping in seperate beds, so I use the mouthguard so he can sleep. Does take getting used to though.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 8:24:40 AM EST
I only grind my teeth whiel surfing ar15.com

Link Posted: 9/6/2004 9:30:12 AM EST
This has recently become a problem for me, or at least I have recently been made aware of it. I also have been getting headaches, and I think that they may be caused by the the grinding and jaw clenching that I am doing at night. I really don't know what to do about it. Using a mouthguard seems like a band-aid solution. I want to actually stop grinding.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 9:35:18 AM EST
Sometimes I do. But he snores nearly every night. Fair trade.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 9:39:21 AM EST
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 9:40:43 AM EST
I have been grinding my teeth since I was young. I dont know exactly what causes it, but I do notice a correlation between stress and the grinding now that I am older. I too have chips in my teeth from it, but I drool so much as it is, that I refuse to wear a mouth guard.

Hopefully it will go away some day, but I would not lay money on it.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 9:42:34 AM EST
Yes. And get a mouth guard to prevent further damage to your teeth.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 10:03:28 AM EST
I don't grind but I do clench.

About 3 weeks ago it gave me TMJ on the right side for a few days. That shit HURTS.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 10:33:41 AM EST
I do, I have a lot of nightmares. Dentist fixed me up with a nightguard. I'll second that it takes about a week to get used to it. I don't know about the self fit ones, I guess they work. They would be a lot cheaper than the one you get from the dentist. Crowns are not cheap, wear a nightguard. John
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 11:06:40 AM EST
I don't grind my teeth at night. I grind them during the day, when I'm awake. It's my natural reaction to stress.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 11:14:06 AM EST
I do , So I am told
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 11:17:55 AM EST
I do, go to the dentist and overpay for a nightguard you can choke on, it'll make your jaw feel better. Yeah it's stress but I don't know how to end mine unless I start another job. good luck with that.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 1:33:58 PM EST
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 1:39:11 PM EST
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 1:46:04 PM EST
I did for years. I was wearing my teeth down. Dentist fitted me with a guard. I sleep with it in every night. Sleep better when it's in.
Gery
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 2:07:05 PM EST
I have for a long time. It is really bad for your teeth causing destructive wear on your enamel and will also stress the teeth causing possible chips and expensive to repair cracks. Go to your dentist and get a grind plate. It is a clear, hard plastic fitted mold that goes on your upper teeth and protects both top and bottom. You wear it only at night. When I got one I also noticed that I started sleeping better.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 2:10:26 PM EST

Originally Posted By gvidon212:
I have for a long time. It is really bad for your teeth causing destructive wear on your enamel and will also stress the teeth causing possible chips and expensive to repair cracks. Go to your dentist and get a grind plate. It is a clear, hard plastic fitted mold that goes on your upper teeth and protects both top and bottom. You wear it only at night. When I got one I also noticed that I started sleeping better.

I have the same thing, my dentist refers to it as a night guard.
Top Top