Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 12/19/2003 9:02:26 AM EDT
I have quite a few guns some that I hardly ever use. But they don't take up much room and they come in handy in a pinch.

Its like by the time I buy the gun buy ammo get use to shooting it and put the time into buy accesories I might as well just hold on to them.

OK its settled I am not selling any of my guns.

the best is when people ask me about my guns, well why don't you sell that one...?

well thats my backup pistol for SHTF, if I have to loan out my primary sidearm or my other backupgun I don't want to be without a backup pistol!!!!!
Link Posted: 12/19/2003 9:21:50 AM EDT
dont sell! i sold ONE....still feel bad about it.
Link Posted: 12/19/2003 9:26:24 AM EDT
They are members of the family... you wouldn't sell your family, would you? [;)]
Link Posted: 12/19/2003 9:29:58 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/19/2003 9:34:31 AM EDT by shaggy]
Originally Posted By illigb: They are members of the family... you wouldn't sell your family, would you? [;)]
View Quote
No, but I'll trade you my sister and my brother in law for a rusty 10-22. Cap gun? OK, how about the two idiots for a cracked water pistol and we'll call it even?
Link Posted: 12/19/2003 9:31:50 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/19/2003 9:33:00 AM EDT by C-4]
Guns are [b]not[/b] like ex-girlfriends. You will miss them (guns!) when they're gone.[:D]
Link Posted: 12/19/2003 9:32:20 AM EDT
I have some guns that probably should be gotten rid of, but no way am I going to do it. I have an old beat up POS Davis P-380. But it was my first handgun. No way am I selling it. Old beat up, barely shoots Titanic arms 32 S&W long snubbie revolver. Porbably worth $20. could get $100 at a gun buy back thing. But my Dad shot a guy with it who tried to rob him. So it has sentimental value in that it saved my Dad's life. Once I get a gun, I can't let it go, even if it aint that good a gun. its mine.
Link Posted: 12/19/2003 9:34:11 AM EDT
Originally Posted By shaggy:
Originally Posted By illigb: They are members of the family... you wouldn't sell your family, would you? [;)]
View Quote
No, but I'll trade you my sister and my brother in law for a rusty 10-22. Cap gun? OK, how about the two of them for a cracked water pistol and we'll call it even?
View Quote
shit I would have a real hard time deciding between my brother in law and my .45.
Link Posted: 12/19/2003 9:35:23 AM EDT
I have sold dozens throughout the years.....very few that I did come to regret later.
Link Posted: 12/19/2003 9:39:02 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/19/2003 9:45:14 AM EDT by DarkStar]
As someone who's sold WAY too many guns in the past, trust me... don't ever sell... There was a time when I bought and sold guns without a second thought. Then with the help of the .gov banning my toys, I learned sometimes you should keep what you've got 'cause it may be all you can get... What I wouldn't give for even a few of those preban Colt and HK's back... edited kause I kant speel...
Link Posted: 12/19/2003 9:55:47 AM EDT
I've sold a handful or two over the past few years. The only ones I really regret selling are the ones I *had* to sell when unemployment ran out (no more Bushy). Most of the others were sold to friends, so: 1) the guns are still "in the family", 2) I don't have to loan out any of my current ones to them when the brain-eating, ChiCom/alQ zombies working for the ATF & TSA start crossing the border en masse from their secret Mexican lair and 3) I can still play with them (the guns, not the zombies) when we all go shooting together (the friends, not the zombies). I used to have a pool of "baseball card guns" - they collected dust in the back of the safe but I'd keep them around to trade/sell/loan if something else caught my eye. Mostly my "Cowboy Action" guns after I lost interest in the sport, although I'm currently negotiating a barter with a friend's new beau over the Rem 700 BDL in .270.... I keep wavering between "don't own more than you can regularly practice with" and "IlovegunsIlovegunsIlo- A Webley? I've always wanted a Webley...." [:D]
Link Posted: 12/19/2003 10:01:17 AM EDT
I just sold 6 of my guns, I didnt want them anymore, I only keep what Im going to use, I dont like accumulating too much stuff, just enough for some plinking. The extra cash comes in handy for other things. I have no regrets about selling, I got my use out of them and also got most of my money back.
Link Posted: 12/19/2003 3:27:03 PM EDT
It's like the question "How many guns do you own?" If you can honestly answer, then you don't have enough. If you can remember all the guns you've bought or sold, you don't have enough. You rarely miss them when you don't remember them. ;)
Link Posted: 12/19/2003 3:32:08 PM EDT
The extra cash comes in handy for other things.
View Quote
I didn't know there were other things. [:)]
Link Posted: 12/19/2003 3:37:34 PM EDT
Originally posted by mike45acp: Do you ever feel like its not even worth it to sell you guns?
View Quote
Maybe you should sell one of your guns and buy an "r". Then put it in the title of this thread.
Link Posted: 12/19/2003 8:23:47 PM EDT
I have sold a few, one someone wanted alot and I didnt care for it, sold my cz75 I perfer my G21 anyway. Other was another pistol I also didnt care for and got rid of it at abit more then I paid to a fried who had got his CCW but didnt have a pistol. I also gave my dad who was heading to Montana one of my mosin m44s, I like it but I think he will get good use out of it and I got more then one.
Link Posted: 12/19/2003 8:47:12 PM EDT
Proceeds from hardware sold must be used to procure more hardware, otherwise don't sell.
Link Posted: 12/20/2003 9:47:01 AM EDT
Originally Posted By GovtThug:
Originally posted by mike45acp: Do you ever feel like its not even worth it to sell you guns?
View Quote
Maybe you should sell one of your guns and buy an "r". Then put it in the title of this thread.
View Quote
the government can't tell me what to do!
Link Posted: 12/20/2003 3:02:46 PM EDT
Dude, I'm right there with you. I saw/lust after this rifle in the shop i usually stop in. so i say, "how 'bout a trade in on a NNN"? Now i have seperation anxiety, i can't do it. I'll prolly just buy it for cash like i always do.
Link Posted: 12/20/2003 7:46:31 PM EDT
Originally Posted By mike45acp:
Originally Posted By GovtThug:
View Quote
View Quote
the government can't tell me what to do!
View Quote
I'm not telling you what to do. I'm from the government, and I'm here to help you. [(:)] BTW, the "t" in "the" should have been capitalized in your last post. Now you have to buy a capital "t". At this rate, you'll be disarmed in no time. And you thought the government was going to take your guns through laws and confiscation. Nope. It'll be through spelling. Just wait until you have to buy a VOWEL!
Top Top