Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 3/6/2006 3:55:57 AM EDT
This morning when I was coming into work, a Phoenix PD car was doing this.

I got in about 0400 and thought I could hear some Illegal Alien blasting his music down the street. (not an uncommon occurance here) But as I looked over a Phx PD cruiser is coming an it's not Mexican music I'm hearing.

The guy was playing the CHIPS theme song. Damn that was funny. I wonder how you get the CHIPs them song portable!
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 4:31:42 AM EDT
Now that is funny.....
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 4:38:23 AM EDT
We've been known to play music over the PA of the ambulance from time to time... usually about O-dark early when we've been running all night.

John Doe "upstanding citizen" usually doesn't get it if we do it when he's out and about...
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 6:57:02 AM EDT
I have done, "I fought the law and the, law won."
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 7:00:35 AM EDT
I've played Dueling Banjos before. Not surprisingly, several inbreds came out onto the porches and started dancing.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 8:14:59 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Tango7:
We've been known to play music over the PA of the ambulance from time to time... usually about O-dark early when we've been running all night.

John Doe "upstanding citizen" usually doesn't get it if we do it when he's out and about...

We used to do this pretty regularly late at night (small town), until we drove by dispatch and we could hear ourselves in the radio as they called us...

Link Posted: 3/6/2006 9:14:57 AM EDT
My sgt. has the CHips theme as his ring on his cell phone. He rode with me and my K-9 the other nite and every damn time his phone would ring my dog would go nuts.

I like the idea of playing it over the PA though. I think next time we got to a domestic, i will have him play it.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 9:39:14 AM EDT

Originally Posted By LEO916:
My sgt. has the CHips theme as his ring on his cell phone. He rode with me and my K-9 the other nite and every damn time his phone would ring my dog would go nuts.

I like the idea of playing it over the PA though. I think next time we got to a domestic, i will have him play it.

Maybe that's what he was doing! That would explain how you could have that tune on your person in a cruiser.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 11:37:20 AM EDT
I'll cruise through the hood playing rap on the PA sometimes, the resident hood rats get a kick out of it. Then I'll switch it up to country every now and then. One of the other officers has a pig key chain that oinks and squeels when squeezed. I got him to put that on the PA while driving down the road. Unproffessional as hell but fun non the less!
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 3:02:09 PM EDT
I wanna play the Ludacris song "Move bitch" while running hot to a call someday when someone wont move over.....but I dont think thats gunna happen...
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 5:32:12 PM EDT

Originally Posted By tac45:
Unproffessional as hell but fun non the less!

Ha! I have a P.A. on my POV. I used to carry this ELMO book that had noises on it. It has Dog barking noises, and "ELMO LOVE YOU". It was fun to mess with dogs in cars. And "ELMO LOVE YOU" worked good for Broads! It needs new batteries!
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 6:18:36 PM EDT

Originally Posted By markm:

Maybe that's what he was doing! That would explain how you could have that tune on your person in a cruiser.

Hmm... Do you know if there are laptops in the squads? I've transferred some .wav and .mp3 files to mine and on occasion use the loudspeaker while playing them.

SouthPark sound bytes work well:

[cartman]"Sir, step out of the car please"[/cartman]
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 6:28:08 PM EDT
All us Psyopers are good for is Wagner LOL

Every friggen pilot has this dream to fly the ALS while playing Ride of the Valks
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 7:33:09 PM EDT
I used to black-out at night, play the theme from the Twilight Zone and watch the dopers in Ocean Beach freak out!

Most amusing
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 10:00:36 PM EDT
You can download it maybe he made himself a CD.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 4:32:25 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Agent86:
I used to black-out at night, play the theme from the Twilight Zone and watch the dopers in Ocean Beach freak out!

Most amusing

Crap! That's hillarious. I need to round up some nutty stuff to play.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 11:09:47 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/7/2006 11:10:41 AM EDT by gaspasser]
A sheriff's deputy in my county has the themes from several shows like "Cops," "Hawaii 5-O," and "Adam 12." They are heard often over the aux channel in the wee hours of the morning when chiefs and sheriffs are assumed to be sleeping.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 12:20:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/7/2006 12:21:43 PM EDT by bigern]

Originally Posted By Agent86:

Most amusing

Is that Ocean Beach San Diego? Is it worse than it was in 1990 or better? I was down there in the Navy back then, and it the mid 80s.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 1:15:26 PM EDT
On the way to the county jail one night, "breaking the law" by Judas priest came on the radio. The 10-15 in the back asked me to turn it up. So as we are on the interstate, I turn it all the way up and when the part comes in with the sirens, I turned on the car's sirens. When we got to booking, the guy thanked me for the best ride to jail he ever had.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 8:26:22 PM EDT

Do you ever blast the theme from "CHiPs" on your PA??

No. But it is the ringer on my cell phone when I don't have it on vibrate.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 1:50:46 PM EDT
20+'er I work with often pulls up to baseball or softball games, right behind home plate, and begins announcing the game.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 8:25:54 PM EDT
I have been known to play Ride of the Valkries when approaching another officer on a routine backup stop. I have passed by others on stops at the driver's window (of course after making sure via radio they are secure) and played the opening to Baby Got Back or something. 3rd shifters seem to be able to get away with that more, plus we are just a tad bit more demented. Maybe it's from listening to Bob and Tom too much. I am working on some Donnie Baker quotes for the future....
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 8:50:50 PM EDT
We used to play the theme song from "Emergency". Someone complained and it quickly came to a stop.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 3:39:42 AM EDT

Originally Posted By TXDO-631:
We used to play the theme song from "Emergency". Someone complained and it quickly came to a stop.

There's always one asshole.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 11:01:31 PM EDT
you should play "its hard to be a pimp out there" by 3-6 mafia (they are fags but the hommies in your AO would like it, call it community policing) hahahhahahaaaaa
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 12:31:46 PM EDT
We used to "meow" at each other over the PA, kinda like cat tag. Drive past and "meeooowww" It all came to a stop when someone hit radio rebroadcast instead of PA...
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 4:03:28 PM EDT
We play the theme song from ‘Sanford & Son’ over the PA in the engine.........
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 8:04:46 PM EDT
When we are in the ambulance and driving past fields with cattle we pick up the PA and moo at the cows... The whole herd will look at us.

Yeah, I work in a small town!

Or on the radio we talk and try to sound like Elvis!
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 6:41:58 AM EDT

Originally Posted By bigern:
I have done, "I fought the law and the, law won."

Would be funny to do with a lawbreaker cuffed and stuffed in the back of your cruiser.

Even funnier would be the bogus lawsuit for 'severe emotional distress' he was caused by the music you played causing everyone to turn and look at him.

Oh well, sounded like a good idea at the time.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 6:43:01 AM EDT

iPod with FM receiver?
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 6:44:59 AM EDT

Originally Posted By npd233:

Hmm... Do you know if there are laptops in the squads? I've transferred some .wav and .mp3 files to mine and on occasion use the loudspeaker while playing them.

SouthPark sound bytes work well:

[cartman]"Sir, step out of the car please"[/cartman]

A pity not every LEO has your sense of humor. See, now I wouldn't mind getting pulled over like that. At least not until it was sticktime. Then I might mind a little.
Top Top