Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/7/2005 12:06:01 AM EDT
Like the title says. Like in Texas, you would think they eat a lot of beef and Southwest type foods and in the south they eat a lot of Southern type foods. Or, if you're hispanic, do you eat more hispanic foods or italian or german type cooking following your roots...

And you Californians eat a lot of fruits and nuts huh? ...

For me here, since I went to culinary school, anything goes... Mexican one day and steak and taters the next...

I learned how to cook Southern type food married to my ex because that's what she grew up on down in Mississippi and Alabama. Lot's of fatty and sugary foods. Sweet tea , pecan pie , fried catfish, cornbread, etc... Thanksgiving and Christmas were a diabetics nightmare!

OK..I'm bored and asking stupid questions at 1:00am AZ time...
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 12:07:23 AM EDT
[#1]
I eat a hell of alot of lobster, clams and steamers around here. Plus alot of fresh fish. So i guess, yeah.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 12:08:32 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I eat a hell of alot of lobster, clams and steamers around here. Plus alot of fresh fish. So i guess, yeah.

LUCKY Bastage!
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 12:13:03 AM EDT
[#3]
I'll eat just about any type of food at least once.  Never been a picky eater and honestly I can't stand people that are.  Ex-girlfriend was extremely picky and would not try any type of new food.  

Every time we ate out she would order chicken fingers... EVERY DAMN TIME...  And if it didn't come with french fries then she would try to get them substituted from the kids menu.

EPOCH
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 12:16:18 AM EDT
[#4]
Fried okra, fried chicken, fried green tomatoes, fried squash, If you can fry it, we will eat it, just to name a very few of the treats I was raised on, needless to say, I am a large man.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 12:24:54 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Fried okra, fried chicken, fried green tomatoes, fried squash, If you can fry it, we will eat it, just to name a very few of the treats I was raised on, needless to say, I am a large man.

I made Fried Green Tomatoes for my ex one time. Those are the nastiest things I have ever eaten! I Love pickled green tomatoes, but fried

And with her being from Miss and Ala, you're right on frying everything. We stocked up on cornmeal and oil.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 12:26:04 AM EDT
[#6]
I'm not even sure what regional Kansas food is??!
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 12:32:21 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Kansas City BBQ
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 12:35:44 AM EDT
[#8]
If it taste good I eat it as long as it had 4 legs and weighed atleast 400lbs.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 12:39:31 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Yeah, up in Nevada where regional food is - buffet  
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 12:41:13 AM EDT
[#10]
The older I get , the more I like to try new foods .
It actually has some scientific fact behind it
since as you age your taste buds become less
sensitive . So you crave bolder tastes .

I'm not talking just spicy , since I can't tolerate
really hot stuff like I did when I was younger .

The things I like now used to make me hurl as
a child . Things Like Blue Cheese , espresso ,
pickled cabbage , and sardines
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 12:41:38 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah, up in Nevada where regional food is - buffet  

We got mustang,
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 12:44:53 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Kansas City BBQ

Thank you! Maybe I couldn't think of that because it's been waaay too long since I've eaten any.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 12:52:33 AM EDT
[#13]
I only really eat Southern foods really when my close family gets together for Sunday dinner. For the most part, my immediate family doesn't really eat Southern food unless we have a get together at church or something like that. Heck, our refrigerator doesn't even have sweet tea in it.

Personally, I mostly eat non-ethnic foods, unless I'm cooking which is usulaly Italian.

If I eat out though, its usually Americanized-Chinese or Thai.

<Side Note> Thai food is the food of Heaven, I'm fully convinced
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 1:30:03 AM EDT
[#14]
 i like pie.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 1:35:19 AM EDT
[#15]

I thought you didn't like fat chicks...

We eat all kinds of different foods.

Since I got my smoker this spring though, we've been eating BBQ every weekend. I have been ordering different types of sauces and rubs from around the country to try all the different types.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 1:47:58 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 1:49:44 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
If it taste good I eat it as long as it had 4 legs and weighed at least 400lbs.

You'd eat Tubgirl if you'd get down in the Doggie position?
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 1:50:32 AM EDT
[#18]
I eat American Foods!

Is that ethnic enough?
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 1:50:45 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:
If it taste good I eat it as long as it had 4 legs and weighed at least 400lbs.

You'd eat Tubgirl if you'd get down in the Doggie position?

Is this the new joke? Olayarms and fat chicks, and I said HAD as in dead and just a pile of meat.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 3:47:57 AM EDT
[#20]
I eat a lot of German……..but that’s because I married one.  
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 4:12:43 AM EDT
[#21]
I'm an international eater. I eat at McD's, a global restaurant chain.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 4:56:46 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 4:59:53 AM EDT
[#23]
i eat a lot of mexican food, ok pretty much nothing but.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 5:00:46 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

It's a Maine thing!
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 5:02:58 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 5:05:31 AM EDT
[#26]
this cali guy doesn't eat much in the way of fruits or nuts-unless they're stuffed in a pork loin or on a salad ;). I eat it all. Don't dine out much though when i can make a better meal at home.  
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 5:13:21 AM EDT
[#27]
AZ_Redneck,
If you live near Phoenix and you're lookin' for a taste treat...

Check out "Los Dos Molinos". Take Basline west of I-10 a couple of miles. It's about a quarter mile south of Baseline. I forgot the name of the street. The location used to be Tom Mix's ranch house. It's in the yellow pages.

It is THE BEST Mexican food in Phoenix.

Link Posted: 10/7/2005 8:07:10 AM EDT
[#28]
Hrm.  Now that you mention it, I have fish at least once a week, usually twice, sometimes more.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 1:43:11 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

I thought you didn't like fat chicks...

We eat all kinds of different foods.

Since I got my smoker this spring though, we've been eating BBQ every weekend. I have been ordering different types of sauces and rubs from around the country to try all the different types.

Have you smoked your own sausages or hams yet? I get a lot of my supplies from www.alliedkenco.com

Great service and a HUGE catalog...
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 1:57:09 PM EDT
[#30]

A haggis a day keeps the houseguests away.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 2:09:08 PM EDT
[#31]
I just eat good food.

Yall know the cultures whose food tastes like crap. (Never eat at an arab restaurant)
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 3:36:22 PM EDT
[#32]
I like the food from the Russian deli and bakery

they make the best "piroshkis"
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 3:42:40 PM EDT
[#33]
I'm about as white as can be.  This week I've had: Mexican food, Gyros, Sushi, Hamburgers, and pasta for lunch.  Mmm mmm good!  I also eat Indian (dots, not feathers) once in a while .

Link Posted: 10/7/2005 3:48:49 PM EDT
[#34]
I eat food from alot of different "culture's", but I do like to eat the food for the region I'm in.  
Two weeks ago I was in a hotel in Germany, asking for a reference for a local German restaurant and the desk clerk was trying to send me to an Italian restaurant, and I kept telling her I just spent 10 days in Italy, I want to eat some German .
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 4:45:38 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
I like the food from the Russian deli and bakery

they make the best "piroshkis"

Ohhh, that sounds good.

Every time I've traveled, I've looked for local food to eat.  I don't know how people can fly thousands of miles to a foreign country and then eat McDonalds three meals a day.  

Trying local food is part of the cultural experience.  

Jim
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 6:02:54 PM EDT
[#36]
I'm very eclectic... but for whatever reason, I seem to REALLY like India-Indian food, and some of the great-great grandmothers's (American) Indian foods. Mix in some Korean and ... well, you get the idea. eclectic. But partial to those, and Regional (to a lesser extent).  
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 6:25:26 PM EDT
[#37]
My favorite types of food can be found at Cracker Barrel. I also enjoy good BBQ.

ETA: I hate seafood.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top