Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/9/2001 5:08:40 AM EDT
Just curious if anyone else out there feels the same way.  If I see a dealer selling NEW S&W products I stay away from them and everything they sell, anyone else?
Link Posted: 5/9/2001 5:25:23 AM EDT
[#1]
Yes, but I make it clear that if they agree to comply with the S&W demands they will lose my business.  They have all agreed so far.

Also, I refuse to touch a S&W gun.  When I was looking for a .45 ACP, the guy brought up a beautiful gun, but when I saw S&W Custom Shop on the side, I held my hands up and said I wouldn't even touch it.
Link Posted: 5/9/2001 5:26:28 AM EDT
[#2]
You can still find a S&W dealer?
Link Posted: 5/9/2001 6:06:05 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/9/2001 6:11:02 AM EDT
[#4]

The other day, my local range, had a s&w day, mostly leos stopped by, there were some two Officers from PA who would not give them the time of the day, neither did I.  
I avoid them like a pest. I never will do S&W.
Link Posted: 5/9/2001 6:13:13 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/9/2001 6:15:21 AM EDT
[#6]
NO I will not buy anything new or used from a Smith & Wesson dealer or S&W gun.
Link Posted: 5/9/2001 6:33:09 AM EDT
[#7]
I will deal with the dealer. I won't buy S&W though.
Scott
Link Posted: 5/9/2001 7:21:48 AM EDT
[#8]
That's it guys, run S & W out of business.  That laughing you hear is Sarah Brady, Dianne Feinstein, and Charlie Schumer.  They couldn't be happier with the boycott.  

Yes, it was a bad decision on S & W's part.  I don't like it anymore than anyone else.  But putting S & W under won't help the situation. They know they screwed up.  Message has been received.

Link Posted: 5/9/2001 7:27:04 AM EDT
[#9]
HAHAHAHA..... as if one has a choice in MA....
Link Posted: 5/9/2001 7:48:51 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By The Beer Slayer:
all the shops down here still carry Smith. They don't sell many. All have said if they try to enforce that agreement they will drop them. They have not yet been asked to uphold any of the dealer things s&W said they would enforce.
View Quote

Ya, same up here.  The dealers here sell plenty of Glocks, Sigs, Rugers.  They don't have to knuckle under to S&W's "commitment".  They'd just not display the line at all.
Link Posted: 5/9/2001 7:49:58 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 5/9/2001 10:35:31 AM EDT
[#12]
I'll still shop and buy from dealers that [i]carry[/i] S&W products.

However, I will [b]not[/b] buy anything made by S&W and I tell the dealers that if they even consider upholding the agreement they've lost my business.

Mike
Link Posted: 5/9/2001 10:39:42 AM EDT
[#13]
Does anyone know of  a dealer who enforces that agreement? I have not seen one yet.
Link Posted: 5/9/2001 10:40:25 AM EDT
[#14]
How do I deal with S&W dealers?

Cash, usually. Sometimes a check.

Sorry, I couldn't resist. [:)]
Link Posted: 5/9/2001 10:46:58 AM EDT
[#15]

Until they renounce the agreement completely the message has NOT been recieved. Smith & Wesson sold out OUR liberties and damaged the cause of RTKBA for years to come. To me this amounts to nothing less than treason against the american people.
Do i want to see a firearms maunfacturer go under? NO. But any corporation that spits in the face of its customers does not deserve our business. I have no doubt the firearms community would have supported them had they stood fast.

I say let them die.

mike
View Quote

HERE HERE!
Link Posted: 5/9/2001 11:12:04 AM EDT
[#16]
If you buy any chinese goods from Kame apart or Wally World or Tarjet...you are a bigger traitor than S&W....imo...I tell the Smith people what I think..since they also make Kimbers frames..and employee a lot of americans (their custom shop still cranks out some nice stuff) ..foolish to boycott them...besides they just got a new pres...I think their policies are about to change..the anitis just love seeing how to force us gunmakers out of business....
Link Posted: 5/9/2001 12:26:41 PM EDT
[#17]

Does anyone know of a dealer who enforces that agreement? I have not seen one yet.
View Quote

I don't think any of those agreements ever officially went into effect.  And some of the people (including the president) involved with the agreement don't even work for S&W anymore.  I personally feel that they've taken a solid hit in the pocketbook, and they've learned their lesson (as well as serving as an example to other manufacturers).

Although I definately boycotted them for a while, I don't think I would be opposed to buying from them now.  Putting them under just hurts us in the long run.

I probably won't buy anything from them anytime soon anyway though.  I don't care too much for their automatics, and I'm leaning more towards Taurus for a titanium lightweight wheelgun for CC.  But if i saw something of theirs that I wanted, I would probably snap it up (especially now that some dealers are more anxious to move their S&W stuff).  Just my humble opinion.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top