Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/13/2005 10:14:20 AM EDT
Do you believe in the rapture [yes, no?] if so, when?

yes, it already happened, we are living post rapture
yes, within a year
yes, within 2 - 99 years
yes, over 100+ years away
no, those people are crazy
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 10:19:04 AM EDT
[#1]

Your poll is screwed up.

It does not show my vote correctly and also shows the only vote as 50%.

I feel like I'm at CNN.com

Link Posted: 1/13/2005 10:22:03 AM EDT
[#2]
Yes, next hundred years (no revelation from on high, just my guess ).

He which testifieth these things saith, Surely I come quickly. Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus.
(Revelation 22:20)

Link Posted: 1/13/2005 10:26:57 AM EDT
[#3]
Yes, I believe.  Only the Father knows when.
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 10:28:37 AM EDT
[#4]
I believe, and only God knows when. 2-99 years is a good range.  
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 10:31:02 AM EDT
[#5]
I believe in the Blondie hit, "Rapture"!

Toe to toe, dancing very close.
Body breathing almost comatose.
Wall to wall, people hypnotized.
And they’re stepping lightly.
Hang each night, in rapture.
Back to back, sacroiliac.
Spineless movement and a wild attack.
Face to face, sightless solitude.
And it’s finger popping.
Twenty four hour shopping in rapture.
Fab five freddy told me everybody’s fly.
D.j. spinning, I said, my, my.
Flash is fast, flash is cool.
Francois, c’est pas flashe non due.
And you don’t stop, sure shot.
Go out to the parking lot.
And you get in your car and drive real far.
And you drive all night and then you see a light.
And it comes right down and it lands on the ground.
And out comes the man from mars.
And you try to run but he’s got a gun.
And he shoots you dead and he eats your head.
And then you’re in the man from mars.
You go out at night eating cars.
You eat cadillacs, lincolns too.
Mercurys and subaru.
And you don’t stop.
You keep on eating cars.
Then when there’s no more cars you go out at night
And eat up bars where the people meet.
Face to face.
Dance cheek to cheek.
One to one.
Man to man.
Dance toe to toe.
Don’t move too slow ’cause the man from mars is through with cars.
He’s eating bars.
Yeah, wall to wall.
Door to door.
Hall to hall.
He’s gonna eat ’em all.
Rapture.
Be pure.
Take a tour through the sewer.
Don’t strain your brain.
Paint a train.
You’ll be singing in the rain.
Said don’t stop to the punk rock.
Man to man, body muscular.
Sismic decibel by the jugular.
Wall to wall, tea time technology and a digital ladder.
No sign of bad luck in rapture.

Well now you see what you wanna be.
Just have your party on t.v.
’cause the man from mars won’t eat up bars where the t.v’s on.
And now he’s gone back up to space where he won’t have a hassle with the human race.
And you hip hop.
And you don’t stop.
Just blast off, sure shot.
’cause the man from mars stopped eating cars
And eating bars
And now he only eats guitars.
Get up!

Link Posted: 1/13/2005 10:33:34 AM EDT
[#6]
yes, before 2015
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 10:34:39 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 10:41:10 AM EDT
[#8]

yes, within 2 - 99 years
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 10:46:32 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

yes, within 2 - 99 years

+1
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 10:47:37 AM EDT
[#10]
Never going to happen, even if it does show up who the hell is going to believe him or her or (insertyourdescription)
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 10:50:21 AM EDT
[#11]
Crazies.
I suggest you all make plans other than travel via the spaceship behind the comet if you expect your families to survive.
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 10:52:21 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Never going to happen, even if it does show up who the hell is going to believe him or her or (insertyourdescription)

Many will not believe but those that know/study/learn will see the signs and it will be obvious.  There will  even be some that know but still will not believe.  It's all in the Bible.  
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 10:56:45 AM EDT
[#13]
I believe it will happen, but I have no idea when.

According to the bible there are alot of events that need to take place before the rapture occurs.
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 10:59:25 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

+1
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 11:08:13 AM EDT
[#15]

I wish it was true but I cant buy into it.

I think blind faith is something your born with. Some people have it, some dont. I think genetics play a role in blind faith, no matter what god or gods or comic book you wish to believe in.

I dont think people are crazy because they believe in what I think are fairy tales. Everyone needs to believe in something that makes them feel wanted and loved.
Humans form groups because we need to feel like we belong. We like to be different or better than the next group.

Link Posted: 1/13/2005 11:09:47 AM EDT
[#16]
Yes, I believe but it is not for me to know the time. I wish there was an option for this.
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 11:11:26 AM EDT
[#17]
I am amazed everyone thinks it will be in our lifetime.

ETA

Why do you guys think it will happen so soon?
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 11:50:58 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
I am amazed everyone thinks it will be in our lifetime...

I don't know about you, Grasshopper, but unless medical science makes some great strides 99 years (or anything much more than 50 years) won't be in my lifetime.
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 11:58:49 AM EDT
[#19]
It was last Thursday.

Guess you guys missed it. It was on the local news here.
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 12:04:14 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

+1
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 12:13:38 PM EDT
[#21]
Even Christ's disciples thought the world would end before they died. I am guessing my generation will miss it too.
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 12:48:21 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I am amazed everyone thinks it will be in our lifetime...

I don't know about you, Grasshopper, but unless medical science makes some great strides 99 years (or anything much more than 50 years) won't be in my lifetime.

Well Medical advances are moving along rapidly.  And it does say 2-90 years
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 12:49:52 PM EDT
[#23]
No.
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 12:51:16 PM EDT
[#24]
I absolutely believe it will happen.

The Lord is coming quickly.

I have no clue when He will be back...but we best be ready.

Link Posted: 1/13/2005 12:57:24 PM EDT
[#25]
I will only believe it when Michael Moore says it's so.....
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 1:00:07 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

and how do you suggest readying ourselves for this occourance?

because personally I think you're all nuts
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 1:00:43 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
Crazies.
I suggest you all make plans other than travel via the spaceship behind the comet if you expect your families to survive.

+1
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 1:01:57 PM EDT
[#28]
Im sorry, but what is Rapture?  Im uneducated about this.   Is this the second coming or something?
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 1:04:57 PM EDT
[#29]
After reading a bit more, I understand that this is about the 2nd coming of Christ.   Well in that case, I do have some opinion on this.  I believe it will happen, however, I dont believe that most people on this earth will recognize him when he comes.  I think that everyone will assume he will come in the same form as before, and I think this is a mistake.   He will come, but will we recognize him, and more importantly, will we reject him or accept him.  
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 1:46:50 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

and how do you suggest readying ourselves for this occourance?

because personally I think you're all nuts

Accept Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior.

It really is as simple as that.

Link Posted: 1/13/2005 1:47:47 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
After reading a bit more, I understand that this is about the 2nd coming of Christ.   Well in that case, I do have some opinion on this.  I believe it will happen, however, I dont believe that most people on this earth will recognize him when he comes.  I think that everyone will assume he will come in the same form as before, and I think this is a mistake.   He will come, but will we recognize him, and more importantly, will we reject him or accept him.  

When you look up, as the clouds part, and see Him, I am totally confident that NOBODY will mistake Him for someone else.

Every knee will bow, every tongue will confess.

Link Posted: 1/13/2005 5:19:12 PM EDT
[#32]
UPDATE:

OK. Time to let the cat out of the bag.  I had a theory that people who believe in the rapture HOPE/WISH that it happens during their lifetime.  It apears that the theory is true.  Now just to figure out why they want it to happen during their lifetime.  Is it because of some selfish desire to be taken away from this world?  Is it some other desire?  

Voting is now closed.  Here are the poll results. Startling numbers.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[votes]
[ 4 ]  yes, it already happened, we are living post rapture  
[ 1 ]  yes, within a year  
[ 34 ]  yes, within 2 - 99 years  
[ 4 ]  yes, over 100+ years away
[ 4 ]  no, those people are crazy

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Link Posted: 1/13/2005 5:23:00 PM EDT
[#33]
The "rapture" only pertains to the 144,000.
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 5:25:43 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
 I had a theory that people who believe in the rapture HOPE/WISH that it happens during their lifetime.  It apears that the theory is true.  Now just to figure out why they want it to happen during their lifetime.  Is it because of some selfish desire to be taken away from this world?  Is it some other desire?  

Everyone just wants to think they'll be saved and everyone else is going to get theirs.
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 5:29:50 PM EDT
[#35]
I bet after "the rapture" and all the good Christians are gone, most congregations will still be full come Sunday morning.
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 5:34:00 PM EDT
[#36]
yes, but I don't really know when.  I'm sure it will happen though.
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 5:41:25 PM EDT
[#37]
Someone show me where it says there will be a rapture in the Bible.  This is probably the vilest teaching I know of.  I feel sorry for anyone who is teaching this garbage, run away from them.   Do you know where this came from?  Margaret McDonald was extremely ill when she had her “vision” and said herself that was evil.  Do some investigating on you own, don't just beleive what some fool teaches.  

II Thessalonians 2

That ye be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as from us, as that the day of Christ is at hand. Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition; Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, showing himself that he is God.

Link Posted: 1/13/2005 5:44:11 PM EDT
[#38]
yes, but I have absolutely no idea when.
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 6:20:57 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 6:29:40 PM EDT
[#40]
Two words: Social Engineering.  Religion once had it's place....
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 6:30:10 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
Someone show me where it says there will be a rapture in the Bible.  This is probably the vilest teaching I know of.  I feel sorry for anyone who is teaching this garbage, run away from them.  

I agree. The so called rapture only pertains to the 144,000.  They are the ones, who if living, will be changed in the twinkling of an eye.
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 6:33:41 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
UPDATE:

OK. Time to let the cat out of the bag.  I had a theory that people who believe in the rapture HOPE/WISH that it happens during their lifetime.  It apears that the theory is true.  Now just to figure out why they want it to happen during their lifetime.  Is it because of some selfish desire to be taken away from this world?  Is it some other desire?  

Voting is now closed.  Here are the poll results. Startling numbers.

[votes]
[ 4 ]  yes, it already happened, we are living post rapture  
[ 1 ]  yes, within a year  
[ 34 ]  yes, within 2 - 99 years  
[ 4 ]  yes, over 100+ years away
[ 4 ]  no, those people are crazy

You can not go by the poll!

I was the first to vote and I voted no, but the poll put my vote in the 2-99 year answer.

Link Posted: 1/13/2005 6:40:34 PM EDT
[#43]

I was the first to vote and I voted no, but the poll put my vote in the 2-99 year answer.

Oh shit!!!  Flasbacks to the last two presidential elections!
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 6:45:39 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Now just to figure out why they want it to happen during their lifetime.

I want to see all kinds of crazy supernatural shit. It'll be like that movie "the omega code".
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 6:48:36 PM EDT
[#45]

sorry...no chad counting here.
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 6:50:36 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
Someone show me where it says there will be a rapture in the Bible.  This is probably the vilest teaching I know of.  I feel sorry for anyone who is teaching this garbage, run away from them.   Do you know where this came from?  Margaret McDonald was extremely ill when she had her “vision” and said herself that was evil.  Do some investigating on you own, don't just beleive what some fool teaches.  

II Thessalonians 2

That ye be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as from us, as that the day of Christ is at hand. Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition; Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, showing himself that he is God.

Read I Thessalonians, chapter four.  It is pretty clear.  The word for  "caught up", in the Latin translation, is the root of the word we know as "rapture"

1Th 4:15 For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.
1Th 4:16  For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:
1Th 4:17  Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

The fact you call it a vile teaching indicates you have some serious issues, by the way.

Link Posted: 1/13/2005 6:52:59 PM EDT
[#47]
Too late for the poll but, nope.  
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 7:00:04 PM EDT
[#48]
The rapture will happen in my lifetime and I will not be one of the lucky few taken away.  I pray my fight for good during my short lifespan in the 1000 years of war that follows will be good enough for the judgement.   Let Strength and Honor be my battle cry.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top