[#1]
Yup.

Brought up by dog tag thread?
Link Posted: 9/7/2013 6:07:27 PM EDT
[#2]
I want to believe.   X files
Link Posted: 9/7/2013 6:08:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Poll up, including Arfcom's favorite fairy tale - dowsing.
Link Posted: 9/7/2013 6:09:49 PM EDT
[#4]
No way!

Wait, just a minute. What was that. Wh,wh, who's there.  
Link Posted: 9/7/2013 6:10:23 PM EDT
[#5]
I've seen and experienced some stuff I cannot possibly explain by anything scientific.... so yes I believe there are other forces at work.
Link Posted: 9/7/2013 6:12:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I've seen and experienced some stuff I cannot possibly explain by anything scientific.... so yes I believe there are other forces at work.
View Quote

Same here.  Had a light switch thrown off with an audible "click" once.  Had my jacket tugged at three times in Stonewall Jackson's house in Lexington, VA.
Link Posted: 9/7/2013 6:12:14 PM EDT
[#7]

Sure. I've seen flying objects that I haven't been able to identify.

Who hasn't?

Link Posted: 9/7/2013 6:12:32 PM EDT
[#8]
Actually I've seen dowsing work.
Excavator was looking for water piping on a site, not to deep. They were there.
Link Posted: 9/7/2013 6:13:22 PM EDT
[#9]
I've found water lines with bent metal rods.
Link Posted: 9/7/2013 6:14:10 PM EDT
[#10]
I believe these things are fabrications of the human mind, so in that regard they are real to the person experiencing it.

Link Posted: 9/7/2013 6:14:36 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 9/7/2013 6:16:54 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I don't believe in any of that shit.  

Do you?
View Quote

Nope. I don't believe in any of that shit either.
Link Posted: 9/7/2013 6:17:23 PM EDT
[#13]
I think that a few of the more credible UFO sightings might very well be the real deal.
Link Posted: 9/7/2013 6:18:56 PM EDT
[#14]
None of what you put in your poll.
But I do believe in the after life with my christian beliefs....
Link Posted: 9/7/2013 6:19:00 PM EDT
[#15]
Tagged because these paranormal threads always have good stories.
Link Posted: 9/7/2013 6:19:25 PM EDT
[#16]
Just because you or I don't have the mental capacity to understand something doesn't mean we should default to an assumption that ghosts are involved.

At any rate, there has never to my knowledge been someone seriously injured or killed as a result of a "ghost" or "spirit" or whatever you want to call them. How many tv shows have sought out the most haunted places on earth they can possibly find all to come up with nothing?  

It's all just bullshit.
Link Posted: 9/7/2013 6:21:37 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

I intentionally left out anything that could easily be considered religious in an effort to keep the banhammer at bay...
Link Posted: 9/7/2013 6:21:43 PM EDT
[#18]
Shit I wish something weird would happen lol
Link Posted: 9/7/2013 6:22:45 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

I intentionally left out anything that could easily be considered religious in an effort to keep the banhammer at bay...
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I understand, good thinking..
Link Posted: 9/7/2013 6:25:53 PM EDT
[#20]
I've some some ghost like shit a few times in my life.
Link Posted: 9/7/2013 6:30:25 PM EDT
[#21]
I've never experienced anything personally. But I have friends who have claimed to have ghostly experiences and other peoples stories and I sort of believe them. And i'm a fan of all the ghost shows on TV.

If I encounter anything paranormal-ish I hope its Aliens and/or Zombies.
Link Posted: 9/7/2013 6:36:55 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Do you?
View Quote

This
Link Posted: 9/7/2013 6:37:11 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

I believe in a nihil-Buddhist reincarnation where you come back to life as nothing...  that you really didn't give a fuck about anyway.
Link Posted: 9/7/2013 6:40:09 PM EDT
[#24]
All of it.
Link Posted: 9/7/2013 6:40:12 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Just because you or I don't have the mental capacity to understand something doesn't mean we should default to an assumption that ghosts are involved.

At any rate, there has never to my knowledge been someone seriously injured or killed as a result of a "ghost" or "spirit" or whatever you want to call them. How many tv shows have sought out the most haunted places on earth they can possibly find all to come up with nothing?  

It's all just bullshit.
View Quote

I think it depends on the person - some people are more likely to dismiss anything out of the ordinary if there's no rational explanation at hand.

I have never, ever experienced anything that could be remotely considered paranormal.  I have no ghost stories or anything of the sort, and I think that's because I don't really look for it.

I just recalled an instance where I witnessed something out of the ordinary, dismissed it, and later found out what I saw was real.

About 10 years ago I went up with two other pilots on a night flight.  Halfway through the flight, I started seeing some red and green lights outside the aircraft.  At first, I thought it might have been the aurora, but immediately said to myself "we don't get to see the aurora in Virginia, not possible."  The other guys didn't mention it, so I didn't say anything and kind of chalked it up to some of the various lights inside and outside the aircraft reflecting on the windows, and it was probably unique to that airplane on that night or something.  

The next day, everyone was talking about how they saw the northern lights - there was a pretty big CME that made the aurora visible as far south as Florida.  
Point here is that I believe some people will tend to explain away everything, while others are more willing to let it go "unexplained."
Link Posted: 9/7/2013 6:40:51 PM EDT
[#26]
I think 8 years of youtube has pretty much proven the world is a boring place.

On the othe hand quantum physics is some crazy shit.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 9/7/2013 6:41:42 PM EDT
[#27]
I've seen shit man!
Link Posted: 9/7/2013 6:41:52 PM EDT
[#28]
There is nothing beyond our plane of existence.

Everything that has ever died stayed dead.
Link Posted: 9/7/2013 6:42:18 PM EDT
[#29]
As a Christian: angels and demons.  Any phenomenon that might happen that can't be explained scientifically is most likely a demon. ... or a scam... same thing really... whether it's a human perpetrating it or a demon.  

Aliens.  Intelligent ones might exist.  We aren't likely to ever meet them and they most assuredly are not visiting us currently or any time in recorded history.  Non intelligent alien life might even exist in our own solar system and we simply lack the will to go and find it.  The most likely place to look is Europa.
Link Posted: 9/7/2013 6:43:28 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 9/7/2013 6:45:03 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

I believe in a nihil-Buddhist reincarnation where you come back to life as nothing...  that you really didn't give a fuck about anyway.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I believe in voodoo and many other native "medical" or non medical beliefs. they may not be provable but easy to understand how an uneducated native could be "cured" by powerful suggestion of a skilled practitioner.

Also even if you don't believe look at the results google maji maji uprising yes it was not real did  it get thousands of young men to charge maxim guns yes.  

also poll fail OP left off  the force
Link Posted: 9/7/2013 6:46:08 PM EDT
[#32]

^This. I have never seen anything supernatural, but would like to.

A couple of years back, I went on a short trip to Eureka Springs, Arkansas, which has the reputation of being haunted. I reserved what was supposed to be the most haunted room in a hotel with a reputation for being haunted. At the last minute, my mom, who'd been having a rough time, invited herself along (I'm a chick). I didn't tell her why I'd picked that room, and she doesn't believe in the supernatural.

We get to the room, and I'm admiring the amazing view and all the space (it was a HUGE room). So I wander around a bit, and when I got back to mom a few minutes later, she's pale as a sheet, shivering with HUGE goosebumps on her arms (it was the end of summer and the room hadn't been used in a while, so it was about 85 degrees in there). She's like "We can't stay in here--we have to get another room. It's cold and creepy in here." She was completely freaked out, so I broke down and picked a different room. Nothing else happened. I think she did get a vibe off the room that I didn't, even though she ostensibly didn't believe and hadn't known why I picked the room--would have LOVED to have stayed there.

I know, I know, Cool Story, Sis
Link Posted: 9/7/2013 6:46:29 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Do you?
View Quote

Believe? No
Have evidence that it does not exist? No
Skeptical about all kinds of claims made by people desperate to be relevant for any reason whatsoever? Yes
Link Posted: 9/7/2013 6:46:53 PM EDT
[#34]
None of it, but I wish it was all true and real.

Life would be a lot more interesting with all that, black magic, voodoo, curses, spells, demonic possession, succubus and such

I don't put aliens in the same category since they are supposedly just life forms from other planets.. I see them as mathematically possible.. but not as every actually being observed or any evidence of them known..

Link Posted: 9/7/2013 6:47:59 PM EDT
[#35]
Dark matter

And when a black hole is created, does it spit out another universe on the other side?
Link Posted: 9/7/2013 6:55:41 PM EDT
[#36]
I don't believe in ghosts or the supernatural, spirits, demons or any religious nonsense.

But I have had premonitions and dreams that offered insight to the future, so I believe that time is a human construct and  time and space are more flexible than we envision them.

I think there are ways of knowing and seeing future and past, and that may include glimpses of people future and past, thus explaining " ghosts"

But I think it is part of our perception of the space time continuum , awaiting scientific explanation.
Link Posted: 9/7/2013 7:01:17 PM EDT
[#37]
100% believe in ufo's after witnessing an event 3 years ago this coming march 2014.

All it took was 30 seconds and I am a firm believer that there are ufo's out there. Alien perhaps. I wish i knew.

It was a sunday night roughly 745 pm. I was having a smoke outside my sisters house looking dew north. Long island sound to my back.

Out of the corner of my eye I catch a shooting star coming in from east to west. No trail no nothing.

As I followed it I was waiting for it to die , but it never did. It came to a complete stop.... A few seconds ... 3 tops, then shot off in an easterly direction.

No sound, no nothing... Nada. The hair on my body stood up and i was completely speechless. I took a few minutes to grasp what I had just witnessed.

I picked up my phone googled tweed airport in new haven CT and called them to ask if they picked it up on radar.

They never answered the phone... Only vmail. I never left a message.

I know what I seen... Never seen it before or since.

It was white and it appeared round... Like a ball.
Link Posted: 9/7/2013 7:03:26 PM EDT
[#38]
If there is an omnipotent God, couldn't He cause events to occur that humans can't comprehend? Couldn't He make a spirit walk the earth? Couldn't He create life in other parts of the universe?...and bring them here? Couldn't He give people the ability to communicate telepathically? If this world has one Creator, then He created humor and could very well play on humans' fears and ignorance for the sake of His own amusement.

Once you believe in an omnipotent Creator, you can't limit Him except in your own imagination.
Link Posted: 9/7/2013 7:04:01 PM EDT
[#39]
About 15 years ago, I saw something traverse the sky and I couldn't explain it with any known earthly technology.  Fast-forward to today, I have a BS in Aerospace Engineering and over a decade of experimental flight test experience, not to mention all the general technological information that has been available over that time - I still can't explain it.  I'm not convinced it was alien - it very well could have been some secret government shit.  But I still call it a UFO.

I definitely believe in ESP.  You spend enough time with someone, I swear you share brain waves or something.  You can read each others' minds.  Hell, one time I hadn't talked to my friend in nearly a year, I picked up the phone to call him but it rang before I could dial.  It was him.  Of course, I still believe most "mind readers" are con artists and frauds.
Link Posted: 9/7/2013 7:35:05 PM EDT
[#40]
I do not believe in the supernatural of any kind. Be it myth, superstition or religion (redundant terms IMO).

I believe there is a high probability of extraterrestrial life in our universe and some of it may be intelligent but I don't think they have visited us or likely ever will.
Link Posted: 9/7/2013 7:36:45 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I've some some ghost like shit a few times in my life.
View Quote

Me too, that shit was clear like water.
Link Posted: 9/7/2013 7:39:20 PM EDT
[#42]
Wait I just got an ESP message from someone. What member is named Aimless?
Link Posted: 9/7/2013 7:45:25 PM EDT
[#43]
I don't believe in anything without evidence.

I've never personally experienced the unexplainable, UFO's, ghosts, etc. but I find some of the more widely witnessed UFO sightings intriguing.
Link Posted: 9/7/2013 7:46:50 PM EDT
[#44]
Not just no but fuck no.
Link Posted: 9/7/2013 7:47:43 PM EDT
[#45]
dont believe it, never experienced any, ergo it's all bullshit
Link Posted: 9/7/2013 7:48:14 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

dont believe it, never experienced any, ergo it's all bullshit
View Quote

This. But films and such about it are "fun".

Link Posted: 9/7/2013 7:49:37 PM EDT
[#47]
There was a moment where I lay between the dream world and the awake world where I was set upon by a ghostly energy and I was filled with fear.
Link Posted: 9/7/2013 8:02:22 PM EDT
[#48]
Poll fail; no option for "Pie".

Seriously, after reading Valee's book "Dimensions", I've kind of had to re-think my attitude towards the whole spectrum of paranormal stuff.  

As Valee conveys in the book, the only answer that fits the data, as of now, is "I don't know."  That's what I admire about Valee; he wasn't pursuing an obvious agenda, a-la, "It might be, therefore ALIENS!"  

I will say this: I sure as hell don't believe the Nephilim are cruising around in flying saucers.
Link Posted: 9/7/2013 8:08:52 PM EDT
[#49]
I few years ago my wife and I saw several little green lights in our yard and cattle pasture when we returned home late at night.  I do not know what they were, but I am certain they were not man made.  We were within 60 yards of the closest two, and they were interacting with each other while moving through the air 4 to 12 feet above ground level.  By interacting, I would describe them as dancing with each other.  They did not make any noise, and as we live in a very rural area other than the crickets and other wildlife (and an occasional shot), there is no man made noise at night.  They "danced" behind the house, and when I looked to see where they went they had disapeared.  I cleared the house while my wife waited in the van with the children.  She told me later that she saw them going further down the valley while I was inside.  Neither of us has ever seen them again.

As a Christian, I believe they were a supernatural something, but I have no idea what.  I guess that means I believe.

You may not believe me, and I will not try to convince you as I can not explain it myself.  However, I know what both my wife and I saw that night and I can not explain it.
Link Posted: 9/7/2013 8:08:56 PM EDT
[#50]
I believe that there are things taking place and beings in existence that we cannot see. I believe that there is a battle for the hearts and minds of every human being, and I believe that there powers that desire to lead anyone astray in whatever way they can.
I believe that people experience phenomenon that cannot be explained scientifically, but I believe that they are not what many people think they are.
I have seen things and I have experienced things, but I am under no misconceptions as to what it was I experienced.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top