Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 11/1/2004 10:04:51 AM EST
When I was asking about how to get rid of some flies earlier it made me think of something. Whenever a situation involving a pest occurs I take it personally. I feel like they know what they're doing and those bastards are trying to screw me over. I don't just buy a few mouse traps or sprays, no no no. I go all caddy shack on their asses. If its ground hogs, racoons, roaches, mice, rats, bugs, whatever I go totally over board thinking of ways to destroy them. I know there are people out there like me, anyone got any good stories on how they took care of a pest problem?
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 10:07:33 AM EST
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 10:09:29 AM EST
[Last Edit: 11/1/2004 10:10:07 AM EST by Brisk322]
When you spray clearcoat on a centipede, it appears to shake it off,

but then he starts moving slower and slower

until...you ..... can ....... see ......... the

sequence ........... of ............. leg ............... motions.

Then he stops moving altogether.

Mrs B once poured a pot of boiling water on an ant nest in our front yard.
The grass still doesn't grow properly there, but the ants got the hint.
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 10:11:34 AM EST
Go all "unconventional warfare" on flies. Purchase a package of Fly Preditors. You spread the bag around your residence. When the eggs hatch they go out and feed on fly larva. They don't effect the current crop of flys but will greatly reduce the size of the next hatch.

You do need to keep buying them throughout the year, but they're not as unsightly as a fly strip.
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 10:14:03 AM EST
gasonline + match for ants
.177 pellets for anything else
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 10:17:02 AM EST
There is nothing more satisfying than ants, hornets, bees, and anything else that makes a nest. They look so fucking PISSED when they come swarming out cuz you fucked up their house.
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 10:19:09 AM EST
Kill them all and let God sort them out!

Oh crap! Will that get me banned now???
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 10:20:47 AM EST
I like to send them a video tape of me in a black mask holding a can of raid and telling them what terrible things are in store for them. I do it about a week before I destroy them.

Muwahahahahahahahahaha!
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 10:32:19 AM EST
[Last Edit: 11/1/2004 10:32:32 AM EST by Torf]
I routinely use Tannerite on large paper hornets nests.

Video Capture:
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 12:30:43 PM EST
I'm big on preventative measures when dealing with vermin. Zep Crack Fumigator and Raid Yard Guard are used throughout the course of the summer to hit all of their hiding places. Caulk up the cracks.

You can't compromise when is comes to vermin. Proper hygine is the foundation of all civilization.
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 12:38:55 PM EST
Diatomaceous earth. I have a three-inch barrier around my house.
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 12:41:42 PM EST
I have sprayed so much insecticide around my hunting cabin --- I fear the place myself.
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 2:14:31 PM EST
Squirells chewed a hole in the soffit of our rental house and took up in the attic. My wife was working nights and they would be up at the crack of dawn racing all over the attic chewing holes in the ceiling, wiring, etc. I finally had enough of it one day and snapped. I got my buckmark and a flashlight and went up into the attic. Don't know how I did it, but I killed two and wounded a third.

I called our landlord (grizzly old SF friend of mine) and told him about it. He got all pissed with me about shooting holes in the roof (maybe the gables, but not the roof)and agreed to help me round up the wounded one before he started stinking. He came over and crawled up in the attic with said flashlight and an ASP baton. I tried to get him to take the buckmark but said he didn't want any more holes in the roof.

He crawled out to the edge of the soffit after the squirell before it decided to charge him. Fearsome SF guy was flopping around swatting with the ASP and yelling while he and the squirell were in a big cartoon furball. He managed to finish it off without falling through the ceiling, but I'll never know how. Blood everywhere... 3 dead squirells...happy ending!
Top Top