Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 3/8/2010 2:22:49 PM EDT
I do... frequently.

I'll be out with the GF (or by myself), at work, or just alone at home doing nothing.

A funny joke, observation, thought or visual will pop in my mind and I'll start laughing for no apparent reason known to others.

My GF will look at me and say "ok... now what?" which usually results in my laughing even more.

Sometimes, this will go on for 10-15 minutes or more.

Is this abnormal behavior for an adult?
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 2:23:25 PM EDT
I do it to make people nervous.
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 2:25:21 PM EDT
i do this quite frequently
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 2:26:54 PM EDT
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 2:27:14 PM EDT
Yesterday I was at work typing at my desk and a fat chick walked by and got her foot caught in a little garbage can
I lost it
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 2:40:31 PM EDT
Funny you should ask. I'm losing it ...now
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 2:41:19 PM EDT
Yea, and people look at me funny.
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 2:41:45 PM EDT
All the time.
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 2:41:58 PM EDT
"hey, Fudgie Ghost, are you talking to yourself?"

"Yes, I'm the only one who'll listen!"

and yes. . . .I crack myself up sometimes. . .
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 2:42:17 PM EDT
Yes. Or sometimes I'll just grin to myself while surfing the computer. People keep asking "what's so funny?"
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 2:44:01 PM EDT
Yup.  If you can't stand to be around yourself, nobody else will either.
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 2:44:39 PM EDT
Quoted:
I do... frequently.

I'll be out with the GF (or by myself), at work, or just alone at home doing nothing.

A funny joke, observation, thought or visual will pop in my mind and I'll start laughing for no apparent reason known to others.

My GF will look at me and say "ok... now what?" which usually results in my laughing even more.

Yes.

Welcome.

Link Posted: 3/8/2010 2:44:52 PM EDT
All the time.
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 2:46:18 PM EDT

Quoted:

I do... frequently.

If I saw someone laughing for no apparent reason for that long I would stay far away.

A short chuckle to yourself is normal, full out belly laugh for over 5 minutes and people will start to think you ate paint chips as a kid

Link Posted: 3/8/2010 2:47:51 PM EDT
It happens to me from time to time.
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 2:48:38 PM EDT
Quoted:
I do... frequently.

Thought I was the only one.  Sometimes I'll do it when in formation or something and get my ass chewed.  
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 2:49:49 PM EDT
Sometimes I do a little laugh, but not ROFL style.
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 2:50:56 PM EDT
yes
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 2:51:56 PM EDT
I have a gal who is a frequent flyer for psych reasons (I work in an emergency room).

She will sit all by herself not making any noise, then burst into laughter for a few minutes.  Then say with great inflection on the A, "Anyways"  Then go back to being silent.
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 2:53:50 PM EDT
Happened to me at a funeral. Not the best place, especially because everyone knows that attempting to restrain a laugh in a serious situation enhances the humor and hilarity of it by 1000x.
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 2:54:58 PM EDT

My problem is keeping the thought to myself.  I'll come up with some random musing that - to me - seems very funny.  I'll tell it to the people I'm with, and they just won't (can't) share the same internal context.  The blank stares are usually followed by a timely migration away from whatever space I'm occupying...

Link Posted: 3/8/2010 2:56:36 PM EDT
Sure do. I have a collection of things that I can think of at any given moment (given the situation) and laugh.
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 2:59:06 PM EDT
I do it all the time when I'm surfing GD.

Co-workers: "What's so funny?"
Me (laughing as I read a funny thread): "Nothing."
Co-Workers:

I've also had occasions where something someone does or says reminds me of something funny that's happened in the past, or a movie or something and I'll laugh.
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 3:02:11 PM EDT
Yup.  Got me in trouble in school all the time.  Random thought, visual image, free association, etc.  I recall falling out of my chair a few times in grade school from laughing so hard. Being asked, "what's so funny?!" usually just made it worse, and it was usually something pretty subjective or inappropriate, so I wasn't keen on sharing,  but teachers never liked "nothing" for an answer.  I guess they always were afraid I was secretly laughing at them.  Sometimes I was.

Speaking of free association, that reminds me how in 4th grade I called out my science teacher for having an open soda on her desk while we weren't allowed to have drinks in class.  She said, "I'm hypoglycemic."  I scrunched my brow, feigning concerned confusion, and said, "But it's a Diet Coke, there's no sugar in it."  She frowned and told me to just be quiet and do my worksheet.  I'd crack up a few times later when I saw her sipping her diet sodas in class.

Link Posted: 3/8/2010 3:04:22 PM EDT

Quoted:

Happened to me at a funeral. Not the best place, especially because everyone knows that attempting to restrain a laugh in a serious situation enhances the humor and hilarity of it by 1000x.

Oh God, that's the worst, especially when you're with buddies.

Link Posted: 3/8/2010 3:05:20 PM EDT
I like to people watch. I went on a people watching date once. Really was great!
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 3:09:00 PM EDT
Quoted:

Quoted:

Oh God, that's the worst, especially when you're with buddies.  

Definitely. When they know what you're laughing about and you all know you really shouldn't be laughing in your current situation/location....
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 3:13:33 PM EDT
Quoted:
Yesterday I was at work typing at my desk and a fat chick walked by and got her foot caught in a little garbage can
I lost it

ROFL at the mental image of that

Has potential for epic youtube-ness. Think she'll do it again?
Top Top