Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 6/3/2003 1:32:26 AM EDT
It seems that every time I see Toby Keith give an interview or hear his music, I respect him that much more. When 9/11 happened, Toby was soon there with his "Angry American" song. There was nothing PC about this song and it just specifically stated we would hunt down and kick the asses of those responsible. Just pure, nothing watered down. Then he took on ABC and that puke Peter Jennings regarding his cancellation of Toby's appearance on ABC's July 4th special, in which he was scheduled to perform the Angry American. Then he was there during the war with Iraq, supporting our troops everytime he took the stage or appeared ij an interview. He also publicly stated that Natalie Maines of the Dixie Chicks had a "big mouth" after her comments toward President Bush. Then during the recent awards show on CBS, he again stepped forward and asked for the American people to support our men and women over there who were answering their call to duty. It seems that over the past couple of years Toby has been right there during all the good and bad times. And he has always been on the side of right every time. My hat goes off to Toby as well as Darrell Worley who also seems to have his act together. I admit that since the mid 1990's that country music hasn't been my favorite category. I had strayed from my roots and had crossed over into rock (if you can call any modern music rock that is), pop and alternative. But over the past year or so, I have once again come back to country and in large part due to people like Toby Keith. Toby will never win male vocalist of the year perhaps, but his heart is in the right place and he makes songs that say what we all would like to say if we could. Toby is alright in my book! And by the way, I love his new song that he performs with Willie Nelson titled, "Whiskey For My Men, Beer For My Horses". It's ironic but much of that song is oh so true. Instead of housing all of these violent, repeat criminals who are sucking this country dry, it would be much easier to follow the advice of the song and just "round up all the rope in Texas and hang em high in the trees"! LOL. So, all you Toby fans sound off!
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 1:35:21 AM EDT
Well Im not really a fan of his music, but he is a good man. Ill support him and his views no problem. Allthough I hate that damn "whos yer daddy" song.
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 1:37:31 AM EDT
big fan
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 1:52:36 AM EDT
I don't like his music, but he seems like a rather cool/good guy.
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 2:13:30 AM EDT
I think he has found his niche. He is now performing "man" songs instead of the hip, sissy songs that has plagued Nashville for too long. Like Faith Hill's husband ( I can't remember his name), he portrays this tough dude then sings sissy songs. He's a man now. Right up there with Johnny, Waylon, willie, George, Merle, Travis Tritt, Clint Black, and even Garth, for the most part.
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 2:28:33 AM EDT
Toby Too Good Yes Yes
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 2:39:18 AM EDT
Yes Toby is an American, we can be proud of, Didn't he sing at the NRA convention? The little wind has beendancing and getting excited to his songs, since she was 9 months old.
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 3:28:54 AM EDT
Im a big fan of TK. He has a bad ass compound on 600 acres in Norman Oklahoma. He still seems to be rooted in his home state. Garth Brooks on the other hand is piece of shit. He is one hell of a liberal. Back in 94 he did adds for a local Dem that got booted from Congress. I havent like brooks since then.
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 4:53:53 AM EDT
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 4:55:57 AM EDT
All I've heard is his post-9/11 stuff, and I bloody well love it!
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 5:31:34 AM EDT
I'm not a fan of country music, but you can count me as a Toby Keith fan. Especially since he's vocal about what a bitch the Dixie Chicks singer is.
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 6:18:40 AM EDT
I've always been a fan of Toby Keith and even more so lately. BTW, Toby Keith was the 2001 CMA male vocalist of the year, and was named entertainer of the year by the Academy of Country Music in May.
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 6:20:26 AM EDT
I'm not a country music fan, but I like his politics and F-U attitude. His 10-10-220 commercials make me want to puke though.
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 6:51:31 AM EDT
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 9:27:56 AM EDT
I am not a big country music fan, but I like Toby Keith.
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 9:32:19 AM EDT
I'm also not too big on COuntry but I like Toby Keith a lot! He's a good ole boy, IMHO! [:D]
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 9:41:03 AM EDT
I have been a fan of his since he came out with "Should have been a cowboy" back in '93. Though I am not a big fan of the boot in your ass song or "I want to talk about me". The new song out with Willie Nelson kicks ass. He seems to be a genuine stand up guy.
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 10:08:56 AM EDT
TK is bad ass! He did win vocalist of the year though...
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 10:46:19 AM EDT
When you read about the guy's career there is even more to respect. He worked HARD and did it his way. When Nashville refused to support him, he spent everything he had to buy up his own catalog and moved to a record company that would let him do it his way and would support him. That gamble paid off in spades. His decidedly un-PC songs have done real well and he's a consistently hot seller. What's more important is that he has managed, so far, to hold onto his family. Of course his patriotism is unquestioned. "Take all the rope in Texas find some tall oak trees, then take all of them bad boys and hang 'em high in the street....for all the people to see." Good song.
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 11:03:38 AM EDT
I was thinking about posting a similar thread yesterday. Yeah he's cool. I want that fucking truck!
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 11:18:28 AM EDT
I really respect Toby Kieth. A true Patriot[^]
Top Top