Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/27/2012 5:40:37 PM EDT
This topic may have been covered, but I am extremely busy this time of year because everyone has met their insurance deductible and they all want surgery while it's "free".    So forgive me if I'm bringing up the topic of beating a dead horse.

I swore I would not support Romney when it looked like he was going to get the nomination, but I came around and actually believed he was going to win when I voted for him.  We all know how laughable that idea turned out to be.

I have written my Senators and Congressman five times each since the gun control hysteria kicked into high gear.

I don't know what to think about it at this point.

Does the majority here think the Republicans will stand strong and block this shit...or at least most of it?  Or is it more likely that they'll cave like they usually do and sell us out?  

I have the eerie feeling that the fix is already in.

Link Posted: 12/27/2012 5:42:35 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

This topic may have been covered, but I am extremely busy this time of year because everyone has met their insurance deductible and they all want surgery while it's "free".    So forgive me if I'm bringing up the topic of beating a dead horse.

I swore I would not support Romney when it looked like he was going to get the nomination, but I came around and actually believed he was going to win when I voted for him.  We all know how laughable that idea turned out to be.

I have written my Senators and Congressman five times each since the gun control hysteria kicked into high gear.

Does the majority here think the Republicans will stand strong and block this shit...or at least most of it?  Or is it more likely that they'll cave like they usually do and sell us out?  

If they don't we wont see republicans in power again. This is their chance.

Link Posted: 12/27/2012 5:45:29 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

This topic may have been covered, but I am extremely busy this time of year because everyone has met their insurance deductible and they all want surgery while it's "free". So forgive me if I'm bringing up the topic of beating a dead horse.

I swore I would not support Romney when it looked like he was going to get the nomination, but I came around and actually believed he was going to win when I voted for him. We all know how laughable that idea turned out to be.

Does the majority here think the Republicans will stand strong and block this shit...or at least most of it? Or is it more likely that they'll cave like they usually do and sell us out?

The GOP controls the House and could easily defund it. Hard to run an entire sub bureaucracy with no duckets.

I thought you were referring to Obummercare.

Never mind.
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 5:47:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

The GOP controls the House and could easily defund it. Hard to run an entire sub bureaucracy with no duckets.

I know they can (block a gun bill), but what is the likelihood they will?

Link Posted: 12/27/2012 5:47:19 PM EDT
[#4]
The fight hasn't even started and many here talk like we have already lost.

Yes, united we can win.

Are you an NRA member?
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 5:48:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Yes, united we can win.

Are you an NRA member?

Yep.  For years.  I bought five memberships as Christmas gifts for friends and family.
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 5:49:10 PM EDT
[#6]
I am pretty confident we will win.

And that a lot of seats in Congress will be lost, again.
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 5:51:02 PM EDT
[#7]
The two parties: Twiddle Dee & Twiddle dum. The Republicans will cave on some of it in the end.  As to what it will be, "YOU'LL HAVE TO READ IT AFTER IT'S PASSED TO FIND OUT WHAT'S IN IT".
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 5:51:15 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I am pretty confident we will win.

And that a lot of seats in Congress will be lost, again.

Meaning there will be no ban, but republicans lose more seats?
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 5:51:58 PM EDT
[#9]
We can win, but it is different this time.

OTOH If civilian ownership of AR15's with 30rd mags survives a classroom of dead 6 year olds it's here forever.
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 5:52:51 PM EDT
[#10]
We are fucked.  I honestly believe it.

I honestly see Repubs cutting a deal on guns to get the fiscal cliff avoided.

And we won't be able to unfuck it fast enough.
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 5:52:56 PM EDT
[#11]
SorryBlake, we're screwed.
Nobody has the fucking balls to actuall stand up for what is right anymore.
they'd all rather call this person or write that person and DEMAND this or that.
Getting off one's ass and putting in the faces of these xxxxxx (coc violation) is the only thing that will work but americans are just either too busy working trying to support the welfare state or too goddamn lazy
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 5:54:50 PM EDT
[#12]
FSA don't give a shit about gun control. Obama ain't going to lose sleep over this.
Now the mid term elections will tel us how badly we are screwed. If the
FSA come out and vote in numbers it may be over.
Obama in the 3rd or 4th year could be devastating.
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 5:55:03 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Yes, united we can win.

Are you an NRA member?

Ah, to be young and idealistic....
Then you get your ass kicked by reality when you go broke defending freedom for others and find they all took a step back.
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 5:57:45 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
We are fucked.  I honestly believe it.

I honestly see Repubs cutting a deal on guns to get the fiscal cliff avoided.

And we won't be able to unfuck it fast enough.

This is what I'm afraid of.  

I am composing an email to many friends and family members educating them on why this whole notion is nonsense and encouraging them to pass it on...like a fucking chain letter.  My MIL actually said at my table on Christmas morning that she didn't think civilians needed those assault weapons...my wife and children looked at me in horror thinking I was going to explode, but I kept it together and changed the subject.

Link Posted: 12/27/2012 5:57:55 PM EDT
[#15]
Keep calling and keep writing Congress. Don't give up without a fight! It's all we can do.

Grant

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 5:58:39 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes, united we can win.

Are you an NRA member?

Then you get your ass kicked by reality when you go broke defending freedom for others and find they all took a step back.

Ahhh to be a presumptuous ass. You don't know me.

I am happy to compare DD214s if you would like to discuss who went for broke defending freedom.
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 6:03:23 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes, united we can win.

Are you an NRA member?

Ahhh to be a presumptuous ass. You don't know me.

I am happy to compare DD214s if you would like to discuss who went for broke defending freedom.

As big a smart ass as I am on this board at times, we're all on the same team here guys.
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 6:35:46 PM EDT
[#18]
Not to be a defeatist but something occurred to me that was somewhat alarming. One if Five adults in the US take some sort of psychiatric drug.  You can try to attack the problem of mentally ill people with guns either by trying to take away the guns or get control of the mentally ill people. If we are talking about everyone now taking some sort of psychiatric drug or psychiatric treat and everyone who has in the past that is a pretty big demographic.

That said if we pull together and get organized we can make it happen. "Gun Control" laws are a top issue with a very small amount of people. I think our side has the numbers on fervent supporters that will still care 2 years from now. The media and a lot of democratic politicians love it but Joe Average doesn't.
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 6:40:21 PM EDT
[#19]
I hope I am wrong but I believe  the fix is in already as I think it was in the last couple elections, they didn't think McCain had a chance and still he won the primary, Romney couldn't either but then got close and guess what districts with 0% for Romney not possible, do you notice there are always enough Republicans running in the primary to break up the votes and pull enough votes away from Ron Paul until its not possible for him to enough to get the nomination and then they all drop out.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 5:12:48 AM EDT
[#20]
Bump
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 5:36:18 AM EDT
[#21]
Just keep hitting your elected reps.  If they're deluged by voters VOTERS!!! telling them their ass is out of office if they enact a ban or onerous restrictions, they'll vote your way.  They are whores for votes more than special interest money or their own morals and beliefs, we just have to be forceful, insistent, and watchful.

There is no "fix in" when it comes to elections unless you're a troofer or other conspiract nutjob.  And please, in the name of sweet Jeebus, don't think the "other guy" will write in so you don't have to.  This is going to take ALL OF US, ALL THE TIME!
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 7:27:27 AM EDT
[#22]
Kick back and relax for a little while. Wait until there are specific measures before a legislative body. Then, write your reps in that body. Blanket hysteria is often written off by reps who do not think you will remember come election day. Writing them specifically at the point legislation is pending tells them that you are engaged and involved in the political process, it tells them to write you off at their peril.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top