Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 6/2/2010 7:43:27 PM EDT
I am a girl. There are some people who, sight unseen, I would just die to cuddle up to because of their voices. Their mind-blowing, sexy, sexy voices. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

To wit:
Johnny Reznick of the GooGooDolls.
(Imagine my horror to discover his metrosexual ways in a couple of his videos- I'd swear he was wearing makeup. Oh well. back to the VOICE.)
Rob Thomas of Matchbox 20
(Oh no...not him too. Dang it. Good voice though.)
Dave Grohl of The FooFighters
(it helps if the song is good-he is unmatched for intensity at times)

Do you guys dig women who give good voice? Would you overlook other distressing tendencies if you could only just listen to them?
Link Posted: 6/2/2010 7:45:40 PM EDT
[#1]
I listen to a lot of talk radio in the car. Every once in a while you'll hear a chick in a commercial and wonder if she looks as good as she sounds.
Link Posted: 6/2/2010 7:46:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Yep.

Kelly Clarkson is not that good looking and I don't like her music that much, but she has a sexy ass voice.

Beyonce, Rihanna and Christina Aquilera all have sexy voices but I'd bang them even if they sang like deaf mutes.
Link Posted: 6/2/2010 7:47:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Yes, cause you can always close your eyes....
Link Posted: 6/2/2010 7:47:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Do you guys dig women who give good voice? Would you overlook other distressing tendencies if you could only just listen to them?

I can picture some pretty distressing tendencies. So no, a great voice isn't necessarily going to do it for me. I'm just not that deep.

Link Posted: 6/2/2010 7:49:17 PM EDT
[#5]
To a point, yes. There's a woman I had talked with on the phone several times for business purposes and she sounded extremely hot. I met her and that was not the case and I was no longer interested.

When I was in the Air Force stationed in CA women with a southern accent had +3 added to their hotness scale. I guess I was just homesick.
Link Posted: 6/2/2010 7:50:44 PM EDT
[#6]
To the first question, yes.

The second one is too vague to answer.
Link Posted: 6/2/2010 7:51:45 PM EDT
[#7]
I fell in love with Sarah McLachlan's voice.  Unfortunately I don't agree with all of her politics.  Just a hauntingly beautiful voice though.
Link Posted: 6/2/2010 7:51:48 PM EDT
[#8]
The sexiest voice is that of a girl trying to talk when giving me head.
Link Posted: 6/2/2010 7:53:36 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Heh. Okay, yeah maybe, but leading up to that....it's the voice that gets you thinking about it, no?
Link Posted: 6/2/2010 7:55:29 PM EDT
[#10]
Yeah not even in the top 200.

Although attractive foreign girls who are 'close talkers' can be a real turn on.

But that Delilah bitch on some FM stations makes me want to fucking go postal. Her voice and speaking style just annoy the ever-living piss out of me.

Link Posted: 6/2/2010 7:56:27 PM EDT
[#11]
Vocal qualities won the White House. It sure as hell wasn't substance.
Link Posted: 6/2/2010 7:57:21 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Heh. Okay, yeah maybe, but leading up to that....it's the voice that gets you thinking about it, no?

Not really. I just think its funny when they try to say something with...well...you know. I get off on it.
Link Posted: 6/2/2010 7:57:39 PM EDT
[#13]
double
Link Posted: 6/2/2010 7:58:57 PM EDT
[#14]
What a coincidence, people tell me all the time I sound like Johnny Reznick, Rob Thomas, and Dave Grohl.

Link Posted: 6/2/2010 7:59:56 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I am a girl.

thats answers the question I would have asked.

since Im not, no sounds have nothing to do with anything, tits on the other hand-well thats a different story
Link Posted: 6/2/2010 8:00:25 PM EDT
[#16]
I've fallen in love with a voice on the phone several times.
And no, it was not a 1-900 number.
Link Posted: 6/2/2010 8:00:41 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Yeah not even in the top 200.

Although attractive foreign girls who are 'close talkers' can be a real turn on.

But that Delilah bitch on some FM stations makes me want to fucking go postal. Her voice and speaking style just annoy the ever-living piss out of me.

Easy there big fella. I guess you could call me a bitch because I'm a girl but you'd better not. Yeah, I can't stand Delilah's voice. Somebody needs to stick a cork in her. But let's don't harsh the groove...let's talk good voices. What voices do you LIKE?
Link Posted: 6/2/2010 8:01:13 PM EDT
[#18]
I don't know about overcoming physical or personality issues, but a sexy voice is a definite bonus.  Especially if it is an accent.  Southern Belle, English, or ...good gawd a Scottish accent over the phone!  zomg.
Link Posted: 6/2/2010 8:01:52 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
What a coincidence, people tell me all the time I sound like Johnny Reznick, Rob Thomas, and Dave Grohl.

hehehe Clever. if men only knew what they could get away with using that bass....
Link Posted: 6/2/2010 8:02:52 PM EDT
[#20]
Yes, there are some vocal types which make me melt.
Link Posted: 6/2/2010 8:03:49 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
1.  Do you guys dig women who give good voice?

2.  Would you overlook other distressing tendencies if you could only just listen to them?

1.  I'm gonna pretend there's some kinda typo there, and answer, "Yes, I really like a southern or Irish accent."

2.  Not sure how to answer this, because if I only had to listen to them - as compared to seeing them - that makes the question kinda moot.

True story.  About 3 years ago, I called a realtor to inquire about a house.  She had the most gorgeous voice.

When I met her at the house, I had to keep looking for the crane.  Because, you know, there just had to be a crane somewhere to help her out of the car.

I'm normally not one to rag on people and their weight, but this lady was HUGE.  Like the steering wheel dented her belly huge.
Link Posted: 6/2/2010 8:05:38 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 6/2/2010 8:08:44 PM EDT
[#23]
do women talk??
Link Posted: 6/2/2010 8:09:59 PM EDT
[#24]
I get ragged on a lot for this, but I fell for mariah carey before I even saw a photo of her. Her voice singing definitely got to me
Link Posted: 6/2/2010 8:12:57 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I am a girl. There are some people who, sight unseen, I would just die to cuddle up to because of their voices. Their mind-blowing, sexy, sexy voices. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

<snip>

I won't overlook truly 'distressing tendencies' due to a nice voice (as far as I read 'distressing tendencies').

But, I've decided that a woman whose voice isn't at least pleasant to hear isn't someone I should get involved with.  Simply put, I will be listening to her for years to come, and if her voice grates on me, I'm gonna learn to hate it, and nothing good comes of that.

On a somewhat related note, I have also decided that if she and I can't have a good discussion on the phone (not phone sex) where we both enjoy the interaction, then we're gonna get bored with each other.  A nice voice comes into play here as well.

I do want to ask what kinds of things constitute 'distressing tendencies'.  Not liking makeup?  Not curling your hair?  Nagging?  Calling every 15 minutes to see how I'm doing?  Getting jealous of every female I come into contact with?  Getting pissed at me for what I did in the dream you had last night?  

There's a wide range of behaviors that could be included in that description.  Some of the above wouldn't bother me regardless of her voice, others would be deal-killers.  I don't really think that a nice voice would un-kill the deal-killers, though.
Link Posted: 6/2/2010 8:14:08 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 6/2/2010 8:18:01 PM EDT
[#27]
I can't think of the band's name, but I think it was a Swedish pop band.  Just something about her voice that I really liked.
Link Posted: 6/2/2010 8:18:32 PM EDT
[#28]
The Cardigans?
Link Posted: 6/2/2010 8:18:51 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 6/2/2010 8:20:56 PM EDT
[#30]
Joely Richardson and her accent in the movie Loch Ness.

Link Posted: 6/2/2010 8:21:56 PM EDT
[#31]
I like women with husky voices.  I can't help it. It's like crack.
Link Posted: 6/2/2010 8:22:47 PM EDT
[#32]
Jennifer Saunders, Salma Hayek, Drew Barrymore, and Melissa Ferrick come to mind.
Link Posted: 6/2/2010 8:23:18 PM EDT
[#33]
IMO, an annoying voice does more harm than a sexy voice does good.
ETA
Quoted:
Link Posted: 6/2/2010 8:24:22 PM EDT
[#34]
Chicks with southern accents get me everytime.
Link Posted: 6/2/2010 8:24:49 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

ETA

This is true, but does not answer op's question.

Link Posted: 6/2/2010 8:26:06 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I can't think of the band's name, but I think it was a Swedish pop band.  Just something about her voice that I really liked.

ABBA

I may or may not have Abba on my ipod and listen to it now and then.

The poster above you found it. It's The Cardigans.

Link Posted: 6/2/2010 8:30:23 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 6/2/2010 8:30:43 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

ABBA

I may or may not have Abba on my ipod and listen to it now and then.

The poster above you found it. It's The Cardigans.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I9zpnLBtwwg

You like that, check out a duet between Bono and The Corrs called When the Stars Go Blue. Just ethereal. I really love it. You might too.
Link Posted: 6/2/2010 8:30:52 PM EDT
[#39]
I work at an inbound call center temporarily setting up accounts, there are a few female sales reps that bring me on my toes
Link Posted: 6/2/2010 8:31:31 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
ETA
Quoted:

Hehehe. Fran Dresher comes to mind. Ugh. If i were a guy...well, ED right then.
Link Posted: 6/2/2010 8:32:26 PM EDT
[#41]
I prefer when women don't talk so much.
Link Posted: 6/2/2010 8:34:49 PM EDT
[#42]
Generally, 99% of voices don't do anything for me or against me.

One exception <- and she's not bad to look at, either.

The wife unit says she prefers masculine, deep voices.
ETA:She likes real manly voices like Trace Adkins, Liam Neeson, and the like.
Not metro girly-man voices like Johnny Reznick, Rob Thomas, or Dave Grohl
Link Posted: 6/2/2010 8:34:50 PM EDT
[#43]
Sometimes. Like if I order takeout I am sometimes disappointed by what they end up looking like.
Link Posted: 6/2/2010 8:37:04 PM EDT
[#44]
This too.  Her name is Kate Voegele.
Link Posted: 6/2/2010 8:38:56 PM EDT
[#45]
You could say that.

A girl with a sweet sounding voice who giggles and laughs a lot is like music to my ears, very attractive.

A girl with a nasally voice and/or who is bitchy makes me rage, it's so irritating I just want to get away.

A girl with a sultry voice speaking to me in French - THAT definitely turns me on.
Link Posted: 6/2/2010 8:39:08 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Quoted:
ETA
Quoted:

Hehehe. Fran Dresher comes to mind. Ugh. If i were a guy...well, ED right then.

haha an annoying laugh is even worse than an annoying voice!  a banshee wail pierces the soul.
Link Posted: 6/2/2010 8:39:09 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Right there with 'ya man.
Link Posted: 6/2/2010 8:47:21 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Generally, 99% of voices don't do anything for me or against me.

One exception <- and she's not bad to look at, either.

The wife unit says she prefers masculine, deep voices.
ETA:She likes real manly voices like Trace Adkins, Liam Neeson, and the like.
Not metro girly-man voices like Johnny Reznick, Rob Thomas, or Dave Grohl

Hey! Those are but a sampling of what I like. I dig bass too. I think what I like about those voices is the intensity they put into their singing. I like Bono- I liker guys who have a wide range, not just froggy bass. Just bass is nice too though.

Link Posted: 6/2/2010 9:00:43 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Singing:  Stevie Nicks, Bonnie Raitt, Jonette Napolitano, Annie Lennox, Aretha Franklin, Sarah McLachlan, etc. With the right song they bring simultaneous tears of joy and sadness to my eyes.

Speaking:  SuperNanny or any female with a British accent.  "Have you been a naughty boy, Eric?"  Why yes SuperNanny, I need a spanking."
 (A Georgia peach accented female comes in a VERY close second.)

Biggest female voice turnOFF: A Brooklyn accent.  Think Rosie Perez.  

But at my age I'd settle for any female who sticks around me despite my best efforts.  

AHAHHAH!  

You fucking owe me a new LAPTOP YOU BASTARD!!  

Seriously though...one letter off?  I'm right there with ya...Stevie Nicks, check...Bonnie Raitt, double check...then I see it...

Link Posted: 6/2/2010 9:02:38 PM EDT
[#50]
There is a very good reason for the phrase " a voice made for radio".

I have a lady friend who is a DJ.....wonderful woman.....trust me when I tell you.....a voice made for radio.

I am the same.

I always get comments by ladies on my phone voice ( I have to make quite a few calls on my job ) .... and then I am must disspoint them and tell them...."yes, I sound nice....but trust me...I look nothing like I sound."

Sigh....some of us are just meant to be ugly.

Makes all you handsome folk look all the better.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top