Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/15/2002 12:05:01 PM EDT
I've read about NSFJoJo's experiences with these but I found a very attractive woman that is in the same city as me and I was thinking of giving it a try.  Basically, are these ladies f'ed up or just looking for a guy?  Also, any tips on sending them an email?  With the response I got from you guys about first date tips, this is definately the place to ask.

Thanks guys
Keving67
Link Posted: 7/15/2002 12:22:43 PM EDT
[#1]
My succes rate is [b][i]ZERO[/i][/b]. It seems like I can't get past the first e-mail. I've sent out tons of e-mails and I've gotten a few responses but nothing more after my next message. No one is willing to give me a chance. [>(]
Link Posted: 7/15/2002 12:28:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
My succes rate is [b][i]ZERO[/i][/b]. It seems like I can't get past the first e-mail. I've sent out tons of e-mails and I've gotten a few responses but nothing more after my next message. No one is willing to give me a chance. [>(]
View Quote

Uhhhh, not introducing yourself as [b]"bunghole"[/b] by any chance?

If so, stop doing that! [;)]

Link Posted: 7/15/2002 1:05:33 PM EDT
[#3]
I was hanging out at my little tavern (ye ole Sideline sportsbar) and this group of seattle singles came in... [puke][puke] I don't know what your standards are, but you better lower them now.
Link Posted: 7/15/2002 1:29:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/15/2002 1:54:28 PM EDT
[#5]
At first glance at the thread title, I thought the topic was perhaps home networking of your PC's.

Little did I know you meant "Singles Networks."  Are these online networks or clubs/services?

I'll tell you a couple of things about the online ones.  First, there are a LOT of flaky people in the world and these online singles networks expose you to more of them. Second, many many of these women are just as shallow (if not more) than men.  Pretty grim, huh?
Link Posted: 7/15/2002 2:00:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Pretty grim, huh?
View Quote

Pretty grim indeed.  Not to mention that these bastards want me to pay 20$ just to get this chicks email.  F'ing ridiculous!  Guess I'll just go to the mall and try to buy some chick a pretzel.

Keving67
Link Posted: 7/15/2002 2:13:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Guess I'll just go to the mall and try to buy some chick a pretzel.
View Quote

Buy two.  At least then you'll get to eat a pretzel.
Link Posted: 7/15/2002 2:36:35 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

So what was the content of your next message ?
View Quote

The next message was really short. I followed Jojo's lead. I asked if they do anal.
Link Posted: 7/15/2002 2:37:42 PM EDT
[#9]
[url]www.realdoll.com[/url]

"Charlie" looks like your type.

Link Posted: 7/15/2002 2:40:18 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 7/15/2002 2:49:59 PM EDT
[#11]
They think it's romantic
View Quote

NO they dont... they'll think your cheap.

After you bagged them... then its romantic to share..

Well at least thats what my rule book says.. [:d]
Link Posted: 7/15/2002 2:52:35 PM EDT
[#12]
Allright now... I may be the dot com newbie HERE, but when it comes to the cyber dating scene... pull up a chair and take notes gentlemen, and lemme tell you how it is.

95% of the women who post ads IMO are either butt-ass ugly (despite the "glamour shot" pics), cannot possibly hold a conversation past the phrase "a,s,l", are flaky as hell, or a combination of the above. Keep in mind that they are looking online FOR A REASON. The last one I went out with I had to drive an hour to get there, met her at the restaurant... I tell you what, I didn't think women came in that shade of nasty. I promtply excused myself to the little soldiers room, made a strategic cell phone call, and 15 min. later, back at the table, was "suddenly" called back to work for an emergency (whew). Talk about SHTF scenarios...

'Course, the other 5% are another story...

I'm with the pretzel trick...

Link Posted: 7/15/2002 3:02:57 PM EDT
[#13]

'Course, the other 5% are another story...

View Quote

I have to agree there... I met one of the other 5% through a Yahoo personals ad almost 2 years ago.  We're getting married in November [:D]

There are good women out there in the personals/singles network things, you just have to take some time to find them.
Link Posted: 7/15/2002 3:03:50 PM EDT
[#14]
The pics that a 30 year old women sends you are her high school pics so of course she will look good for her age.I've met a couple of girls from chatrooms and there's probable one for you out there but you're gonna have to meet some looneys alond the way.I hung out with this one chic for a week before I figured out she was on medication (the kind crazy people take)...then she dumped me-lol. (true story- she was cute)And another girl met me at the shootin range so you KNOW she was crazy...actualy she was horny a lil TOO horny (I'm paranoid of STDs)
Link Posted: 7/15/2002 3:53:22 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 7/15/2002 4:02:46 PM EDT
[#16]
I shared some apples with the 'crazy chic' and it gave me a woody everytime.My friends thought this was strange but I'd think it strange if I didn't.
Link Posted: 7/15/2002 4:25:21 PM EDT
[#17]
I met some loonies along the way, but I also met some pretty good friends.

Most importantly, I met my fiancé with an off-the-cuff e-mail.  Her profile said "If you want to know me, ask me."  So I figured, "What the hell do I have to lose?  I've struck out every other time, and I'm pretty good at handling this rejection thing."

Text of the e-mail?  "Okay, I'll bite.  Tell me about yourself."

We spoke on the phone the next day.  Met in person 2 days after that, and "knew" at that moment where we were going, and that it would be together.  She moved in 3 months later, and we've been happy ever since.

the_reject
Link Posted: 7/16/2002 9:56:08 AM EDT
[#18]
Well, I've got to admit that I've met quite a few ladies off this one online dating sight.  I had pretty good luck cause they were all sane and attractive ladies.  The majority of them I didn't click with but there is one now that I'm with that is totally awesome and it turns out her best friend is a girl that I have known for years and grew up with and went to school with but lost contact with a few years ago.  Small world!  
Link Posted: 7/16/2002 10:07:17 AM EDT
[#19]
I met some cute ones a few years ago; most of them were nice and perfectly normal, no psychos.  The last one I met has been my wife for the past year and a half...not only lets me have my guns but encourages me to buy more.  Lucked out, I guess.
Link Posted: 7/16/2002 10:24:11 PM EDT
[#20]
Try this service out.  These chicks seem to be "less picky" than most I know.

[url]http://www.womenbehindbars.com/[/url]

Link Posted: 7/16/2002 10:41:18 PM EDT
[#21]
Put it this way, the womenz on there lie twice as much on their personal info than the guys do. You know stuff like accidently saying she is single never married, but really is temporarily separated from her 4th husband, has 3 kids and one more on the way.

I know a guy that went out with a womenz from an online matchmaking service, got LOTS of tail, but said he would be too embarassed to show her to his parents.
Link Posted: 7/17/2002 1:34:53 AM EDT
[#22]
Go to the food court of your local mall! You'll find that it stays [b]FILLED[/b] with women! All that walking around, trying to figure out a new way to spend money really makes 'em work up an appetite (plus, it gives women somewhere to sit down and gossip).
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 8:40:33 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Put it this way, the womenz on there lie twice as much on their personal info than the guys do.
View Quote

I hear ya. I've seen quite a few 200 pound women with "average" builds.
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 9:06:55 PM EDT
[#24]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top