Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/15/2013 5:10:08 AM EDT
Does anyone know if they make these any more? Is yes, where can I buy one?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 5:16:32 AM EDT
[#2]
Disc guns!! Oh man those were the best. We had tons of them in the late 80s early 90s and had epic wars in our finished basement. We'd set up obstacles and cover spots and go to town. We hardly never cleaned up the discs too, pissed off dad cause he was a neat freak.

Nothing better for an 8-10 year old boy!
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 5:17:12 AM EDT
[#3]
If it helps in your search that was a Star Trek branded disk gun.

You can still find disk guns all over the place, some even full auto, if your looking for that specific one though, I'd say ebay is your best bet.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trksid=p2050601.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.Xstar+trek+disk+gun&_nkw=star+trek+disk+gun&_sacat=0&_from=R40

And if your gunna bitch about the color... find it yourself!
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 5:18:31 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Disc guns!! Oh man those were the best. We had tons of them in the late 80s early 90s and had epic wars in our finished basement. We'd set up obstacles and cover spots and go to town. We hardly never cleaned up the discs too, pissed off dad cause he was a neat freak.

Nothing better for an 8-10 year old boy!
View Quote

My house was built in the late 50's.... doing renovations and such I find discs behind trim pieces, inside vents, underneath flooring....  I think it is impossible to get em all.
Makes me happy to know some kids had fun here prior to my kids having fun here.

Now to locate disc guns so they can leave their own treasures around.
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 5:19:39 AM EDT
[#5]
damn those are expensive, you should outsource the manufacturing to china. i would be in at $8
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 5:20:07 AM EDT
[#6]
Put "disc shooter" in Amazon, all kinds of those things, some pretty damned fancy ones too!
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 5:26:01 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Does anyone know if they make these any more? Is yes, where can I buy one?

http://img.auctiva.com/imgdata/0/5/0/1/2/2/webimg/691152642_tp.jpg

Thanks.
View Quote

Those were pure awesome as a kid.  Probably outlawed and banned by the CPSC or some monkeyfucking nanny-state bureaucrat now.  Ebay is probably the best place to find one of them now.

Yesterday I was looking for some Nerf for my nephew for Christmas.  They have some sort of new disc shooting thing, but the discs are larger, and probably not hard plastic.
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 5:27:42 AM EDT
[#8]
Those guns were great as a kid.
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 5:33:37 AM EDT
[#9]

Loved those.

I bought several Daisy Model 960 pop guns off ebay for my boys a few years ago. They still love playing with them.

By far the best "toy" gun I had was a 22 cal blank gun (starter pistol?) I ordered out of a comic book even though it said you had to be 18.

Was chrome and even had tear gas rounds.

Would love to find one of those.
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 5:41:31 AM EDT
[#10]
Dollar General and the like
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 5:45:01 AM EDT
[#11]
Are you kidding! A kid could shoot an eye out with one of those dangerous warmongering toys!  I am sure glad my kids will never have to try to survive the disc guns and yard darts from which I barely escaped death.
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 5:48:07 AM EDT
[#12]
Looks like all of the discs are foam these days.  Have to go pre-ban for plastic.
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 5:49:50 AM EDT
[#13]
Wow $200 for one? I don't want a collector toy I want a shooter. I guess they don't make them any more. Those nerd ones don't appeal to me like the ones I had as a kid.

My only hope is find a used one I think.

Bummer.

Damn autocorrect, I mean Nerf not nerd.

Link Posted: 12/15/2013 6:56:30 AM EDT
[#14]
These are similar to what we played with as kids.

Dollar General may be a good place to look. I've seen cap guns and blank guns there.

Now, I wish someone would tell me where I can find one of those old bland gun/starter pistols. I am serious about it shooting tear gas. IT BURNS!... ask me how I know.... (thanks older brother... :-\   )  It was a chrome revolver... it may have said Colt, but I can't recall.

Link Posted: 12/15/2013 6:58:11 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Are you kidding! A kid could shoot an eye out with one of those dangerous warmongering toys!  I am sure glad my kids will never have to try to survive the disc guns and yard darts from which I barely escaped death.
View Quote

Yarts/Yard Darts. I am still astounded as to who thought that some fuckwit kid launching a three pound sharpened dart forty feet into the air uncontrollably might be a good idea. As much as we all laugh about nanny state this and stupid law that, holy shit were those things a stupid, dangerous idea.

I remember losing one on a roof when I was a kid. It was vertically oriented, not laying up there, so I can only assume that every time it rained water absolutely poured through that dime sized hole.
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 6:59:01 AM EDT
[#16]
DT....

ARRRGH! Government computers!
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 7:00:48 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Those guns were great as a kid.
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/15/2013 7:41:28 AM EDT
[#18]
I wish I had a 3d printer. I bet I could make one.
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 7:46:20 AM EDT
[#19]
There are some online stores that specialize in old school (new manuf.) toys, they have lots of toy guns.

It's just I can't remember the names of any of them. Might be a lead on how to find some though. (maybe some guys here know the stores I'm talking about)

They have lots of cap guns, those ones that shoot yellow rubber BBs, cork guns, stuff like that. Ring any bells guys?
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 8:14:20 AM EDT
[#20]
I got my first one when I was so young that I couldnt rapid fire it because the trigger was so heavy.  

I had one that looked like an HK squeeze cocker.
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 8:30:30 AM EDT
[#21]
http://www.amazon.com/Nerf-32214482-Vortex-Proton-Blaster/dp/B00E1DEAIA/ref=sr_1_3?s=toys-and-games&ie=UTF8&qid=1387128433&sr=1-3&keywords=nerf+disc

These may not be the same thing, but evry bit as much fun.  Actually all of the nerf guns are pretty awesome.
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 8:35:39 AM EDT
[#22]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top