Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/29/2005 9:22:45 AM EDT
I am wondering if it is possible to purchase stock in companies like aimpoint or trijicon.  It seems like it would be a wise move to purchase some of this stock before thye DOD places huge contracts with these companies.  I bet that the army will eventually purchase the aimpoint magnifier this seems like it would make money for people who own stock in aimpoint. I dont know a lot about stock so please educate me on buying stock in weapons companies..
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 9:23:28 AM EDT
[#1]
I doubt either of them are public companies.  
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 9:28:27 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I doubt either of them are public companies.  

They're not.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 9:29:01 AM EDT
[#3]
Some public companies that make weapon systems:

FLIR
Metal Storm
Raytheon
Boeing
Lockheed Martin
General Dynamics

Link Posted: 9/29/2005 9:31:20 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I am wondering if it is possible to purchase stock in companies like aimpoint or trijicon.  It seems like it would be a wise move to purchase some of this stock before thye DOD places huge contracts with these companies.  I bet that the army will eventually purchase the aimpoint magnifier this seems like it would make money for people who own stock in aimpoint. I dont know a lot about stock so please educate me on buying stock in weapons companies..

You can always apply for a job there. They might have a system to allow employees to buy into the ownership of the company. Then you pray that they get REAL BIG.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 9:36:07 AM EDT
[#5]
Armor Holdings is a defense play (AH).  They make armor for Hummers among other things.
There is also a company that makes ceramic plates for personal armor, but I forget thier name.  Starts with a C.  

Smith and Wesson (I think they'll beat thier earnings estimate) (SWB)
Ruger (RGR) they dont have any new cool products but they still might be a more solid investment than S&W.

Of those AH is a better investment (military will keep buying the stuff) and SWB is a better speculative, though its already went up a BUNCH this year.  It was as low as 1.80 and now its over $5.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top