Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
10/20/2017 1:01:18 AM
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 9/29/2005 9:22:45 AM EDT
I am wondering if it is possible to purchase stock in companies like aimpoint or trijicon. It seems like it would be a wise move to purchase some of this stock before thye DOD places huge contracts with these companies. I bet that the army will eventually purchase the aimpoint magnifier this seems like it would make money for people who own stock in aimpoint. I dont know a lot about stock so please educate me on buying stock in weapons companies..
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 9:23:28 AM EDT
I doubt either of them are public companies.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 9:28:27 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Cypher214:
I doubt either of them are public companies.

They're not.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 9:29:01 AM EDT
Some public companies that make weapon systems:

FLIR
Metal Storm
Raytheon
Boeing
Lockheed Martin
General Dynamics

Link Posted: 9/29/2005 9:31:20 AM EDT

Originally Posted By bloodmoon:
I am wondering if it is possible to purchase stock in companies like aimpoint or trijicon. It seems like it would be a wise move to purchase some of this stock before thye DOD places huge contracts with these companies. I bet that the army will eventually purchase the aimpoint magnifier this seems like it would make money for people who own stock in aimpoint. I dont know a lot about stock so please educate me on buying stock in weapons companies..

You can always apply for a job there. They might have a system to allow employees to buy into the ownership of the company. Then you pray that they get REAL BIG.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 9:36:07 AM EDT
Armor Holdings is a defense play (AH). They make armor for Hummers among other things.
There is also a company that makes ceramic plates for personal armor, but I forget thier name. Starts with a C.

Smith and Wesson (I think they'll beat thier earnings estimate) (SWB)
Ruger (RGR) they dont have any new cool products but they still might be a more solid investment than S&W.

Of those AH is a better investment (military will keep buying the stuff) and SWB is a better speculative, though its already went up a BUNCH this year. It was as low as 1.80 and now its over $5.
Top Top