Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/30/2005 7:27:43 AM EDT
Seems like a good idea ,but do the ones avalable work?
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 7:36:32 AM EDT
[#1]
Have seen the laser boresight kits at WallyWorld, and more expensive ones in the Brownells catalog...

I have the same question myself..
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 10:02:39 AM EDT
[#2]
no really !!! hasn't anyone on here tried these ?
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 10:05:43 AM EDT
[#3]
I've used the one from wally world and had good luck with it.  Saved me a lot of time and ammo when I put a different scope on my .308.  You still have to zero the gun but it gets you real close in my experience.  
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 10:08:23 AM EDT
[#4]
thanks .....Do you have to zero the laser cartridge ?or is it "true" outta the box?I would think the latter ,just want to make sure ..
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 10:32:48 AM EDT
[#5]
a bore sight is just an extension of the barrel. Just meant to get you in the area when sighting in. Then you still have to fine tune the scope.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 2:42:35 PM EDT
[#6]
I was at the range visually boresighting a new scope when a guy next to me offered the use of his laser boresighter- the cartridge type. He dialed it in to within about an inch or so of being dead on. Don't know it that is typical results or not. Only problem was I have some colorblindness and could not see the laser dot at distance.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 2:47:43 PM EDT
[#7]
laser boresighters are great for getting a weapon on paper, saves time and ammo when sighting in.  I've used a few and they work well, though the cartridge types seem to be more accurate
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 2:52:13 PM EDT
[#8]
Yes, but not as well as one may imagine.

The stick em in the bore from the barrel ones get you on paper and that is about it.

The chambered boresights are a lot better. You can even use them to confirm your zero but lining them up with the dot doesn't zero your rifle.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top