Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/7/2006 5:18:17 AM EDT
Occasionally my wife seems to just randomly pick something from Blockbuster, typically a horror film.  This time it was Skeleton Man.  This has to be the worst movie I've seen...ever possibly.  Sophie's Choice would be a close second, but for different reasons.  It was boring, Skeleton Man is poorly acted, poorly directed, poorly cut, and in general an abomination of a movie.  Things occur in the movie for no good reason.  They're supposed to be sleeping with one person on watch, then suddenly 2 people are running through the woods for unknown reasons.  Casper Van Dien suddenly decides to steal an 18 wheeler, the Skeleton Man appears in front of him then disappears, then for no reason the 18 wheeler jack knifes and explodes.  Van Dien crawls out of the cab and lays down in the grass, only to be killed by the Skeleton Man.  As far as I could tell, Skeleton Man is supposed to be some sort of evil Indian thing, but he uses a monstrous sword half the time!  Just to make the movie completely stupid, they run into an old Indian in the woods.  He's sitting at a campfire (not at a camp mind you, just a fire in the middle of the woods, no tent, nothing else) and the first thing he asks is "got beans?".  "Beans are good, just warm them up and eat them".  They give him a can of beans and he opens it with his teeth.   I tried to watch it thinking it might be a funny horror movie that eventually would be looked at sort of like Army of Darkness.  After Van Dien stole the 18 wheeler and blew it up for no reason, I just couldn't take it anymore.  I gave up about 20 minutes in.
Don't rent this stinker!
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 2:17:47 PM EDT
[#1]
after reading this on IMDB  "Plot Outline: A co-ed group of Special Forces agents search the wilderness for a predator type creature that has been on a killing spree."  and watching the trailer i can see what your talkin about.

Link Posted: 1/9/2006 3:13:03 PM EDT
[#2]
sounds like a movie to watch while in some sort of condition obtained by use of "things"
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top