Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/19/2005 12:26:18 PM EDT
Just curious if anyone knows if BATFE agents swear an oath to uphold the constitution. Anyone?
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 12:27:49 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Just curious if anyone knows if BATFE agents swear an oath to uphold  hold up the constitution. Anyone?

At gunpoint.

Link Posted: 8/19/2005 12:29:59 PM EDT
[#2]

... just words to elected officials and the policies and agencies they employ.

Link Posted: 8/19/2005 12:31:10 PM EDT
[#3]
ask Fadedsun.  He would know
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 12:33:26 PM EDT
[#4]
The Constitution is a living, breathing duocument to be reinterpreted at the will of whoever is
in charge on the the second Tuesday of every month.

Link Posted: 8/19/2005 12:34:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Actually they swear an oath to try and f*ck every gun owner possible, because they all know guns are evil, and the people who own them are bad.....
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 12:45:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Yes. They take an oath to uphold the U.S. Constitution.
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 12:51:53 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Just curious if anyone knows if BATFE agents swear an oath to uphold the constitution. Anyone?

Everyone that works in the government has to swear an oath, including military and the el Presidente.
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 9:49:53 PM EDT
[#8]
I'm sure they do. Like most Federal agents, the majority start working with no knowledge of the laws they are trying to enforce. Just like few DEA agents start with an intimate knowledge of drugs, few BATFE agents know anything about guns. They learn what the agency wants them to learn, which evidently is that all guns are bad and all gun owners are evil.
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 9:54:49 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I'm sure they do. Like most Federal agents, the majority start working with no knowledge of the laws they are trying to enforce. Just like few DEA agents start with an intimate knowledge of drugs, few BATFE agents know anything about guns. They learn what the agency wants them to learn, which evidently is that all guns are bad and all gun owners are evil.

And like eveyone else in Gov, once there for a little while they realize that their job is based mainly on piles and piles of BS and are forced to make the littlefolks lives more and more difficult in order to retain said jobs.
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 9:55:47 PM EDT
[#10]
Yes, I have worked for a couple non-LE type  Fed agencies and I took the oath with both of them...

Link Posted: 8/19/2005 9:56:25 PM EDT
[#11]
They don't know shit about the constitution.  Otherwise they'd know that everytime they carry out an executive order or draft their own "opinion" (LAW) that they are usurping the power of congress.

And I don't care if congress gave them that power in the first place. The congress has no authority under the constitution to grant the executive branch legislative powers.

How can Joe Blow Federal Agent uphold the constitution when he has no idea what it says or means?
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 9:59:32 PM EDT
[#12]
Since the batf(uckers) think guns are so evil they should get rid of theirs.  Set the example.  Come on.
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 10:02:04 PM EDT
[#13]
They sure do.  And so did I when I was a lowly correctional officer at juvenile detention facility.
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 10:39:46 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
They sure do.  And so did I when I was a lowly correctional officer at juvenile detention facility.

Same here. I started as a Jail Deputy and was transfered to Road Patrol soon after. I am no fan of BATF and I think they go out of their to go after law abiding American's guns.
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 10:54:05 PM EDT
[#15]

A lot of the guys working at the department finished up Master's degrees and went to DEA, BATFE, CHP and PD.  The one person who went to the BATFE doesn't know shit about guns let alone gun laws.  I'm fucking amazed at who they hire.  And the one guy who went to the DEA, well, what can I say?  Total tool.  As for me, I decided against pursuing an LE career.  It's just not what I thought it was gonna be like.  No disrespect for the boys in blue as I have many buds who are LE.  It's just that I know I couldn't enforce certain laws.  So, what did I do?  Pursued a Master's in counseling and landed a job as mental health therapist!  

Good luck out on the street.  Stay low and watch your six!
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 10:56:55 PM EDT
[#16]
Of course they do.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 8:31:05 AM EDT
[#17]

AB
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top