Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 6/17/2007 9:07:37 AM EDT
Watching events in the world today, I've about decided that there aren't any Leaders / Politicians on "our side" with a spine or set of balls...

Israel...the easiest way to deal with the Palestinians would be to simply round them all up and deport them. All of them. Why put up with the B.S. going on in the Gaza Strip & West Bank?

Iran...Why hasn't anyone bombed their nuclear-related installations back to the Stone Age? Why are we putting up with them suplying & arming the insurgency in Iraq?

Syria...Why are we putting up with them supplying & arming the insurgency in Iraq and meddling in Lebananon?

I used to believe in GWB, but his lack of balls on the immigration issue has pretty much turned me off on him...IMHO, he's trying to "make nice" with the Democraps for "Legacy" purposes...all he's doing is turning what's left of his base against him...

It looks as if the "bad guys" are winning all around the World, and nobody seems to be willing to do anything about it...

Rant mode off...
Link Posted: 6/17/2007 12:24:31 PM EDT
Wow...no replys...not even that many views...

Link Posted: 6/17/2007 12:26:04 PM EDT
Tancredo?
Link Posted: 6/17/2007 12:33:08 PM EDT

Originally Posted By sgtstinger:
Wow...no replys...not even that many views...

I think it's because sadly, we know the answer to your rhetorical question.
Link Posted: 6/17/2007 12:45:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/17/2007 12:47:12 PM EDT by -Duke-Nukem-]
Alot of us feel the same way.

What's a bit scary to me is that alot of people in Europe were feeling this way in the 1890s and early 1900s. There were all these policial/ethnic forces moving through Europe seemingly of their own accord, and none of the politicians at the time seemed to want to really grab the problems by the horn and think long term. They all tried to avoid conflict or even the appearance of conflict, in the short term, hoping that the political ripples would smooth themselves out, that the problems would just go away.

Eventually the problems became too big for any group of politicians, any nation, any government, to sucessfully overcome. Historians like to say that World War One was caused by the assassination of Archduke Ferdinand. The truth is, by that time the inevitability of the war was a forgone conclusion. You don't massacre an entire generation of young European men over one Austrian figurehead prince. The assassination might have started the shooting, but the truth is, the guns had been loading up for over 30 years.

I think the guns are loading now for a conflict that could potentially be more disasterous than WW1 or WW2. Since Hiroshima and Nagasaki, human beings have now gone more than 60 years without using nuclear weapons against each other, and that is a very admirable thing. But conflict seems to again be moving of its own accord, and issues that we fail to grapple with today will only get worse, not better. With so many fingers on nuclear buttons, will future historians talk about how Israel's pre-emptive strike on Iran in 2009 "started" the First Nuclear War?
Link Posted: 6/18/2007 6:06:55 AM EDT
"OLDE SCHOOL BUMP"...
Link Posted: 6/18/2007 12:10:36 PM EDT
We have leaders on "our side"...where?

(yeah, i know, theres a couple)

I try to read atleat 30min of polotics and news everday. Granted News is from the "fear industrial complex", but i thinks things will get worse-and historically will. but am told how "paranoid" i am from people who dont read....ANYTHING! I really wish they were right.
Link Posted: 6/18/2007 12:20:06 PM EDT
Ron Paul - will never be president but he is the only honest one in the bunch
Top Top