Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/16/2012 5:41:11 PM EDT
Or do they just kind of die suddenly? I ask because I picked up a used Comp M2, and the light is  invisible on the lower setting, yes I know those are the NV modes, but I don't see anything until the 6th setting, and it's incredibly faint, 7th setting is visible in low light, 8 and 9 are very visible. Haven't tried in bright sunlight yet. Wondering if the battery being low might explain it. I need to get some extra batteries anyway.
Link Posted: 2/16/2012 5:56:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Somewhat, but lithium batteries usually discharge at 95% of their voltage until right near the end and they peter off real quick.

My Aimpoint T1 micro is still on its original CR2032 battery after about 3 years of constant on, and I can't tell any noticeable dimming of the dot.

So yes, most likely the battery needs to be replaced. If you have an M2 and it's been on for over half a year - especially if it's been on higher than the 'mid" setting (7 of 10 for the M2) they tell you it's battery life is rated at - it will seem to drain them faster and faster.

So if it's been on at setting 8 or 9 it will last maybe 6-9 months instead.
Link Posted: 2/16/2012 6:03:56 PM EDT
[#2]
I saw some reverse engineered aimpoints you know generic models in afghanistan. I think they were made in Pakistan or China. It might be one of those.
Link Posted: 2/16/2012 6:04:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Do ACOGs get dimmer as well?
Link Posted: 2/16/2012 6:08:06 PM EDT
[#4]
That sounds about normal to me. I've owned/own 2 Comp M2's and a PRO and they are all as you described.

I can't comment on the battery life, I've never replaced one.
Link Posted: 2/16/2012 6:08:11 PM EDT
[#5]
No.
Link Posted: 2/16/2012 6:10:20 PM EDT
[#6]
I pretty much have to be in the complete dark to see the dot on 1.

Start seeing it at about 3 in a dimly lit room unless it's against a dark background.

Link Posted: 2/16/2012 6:14:58 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
That sounds about normal to me. I've owned/own 2 Comp M2's and a PRO and they are all as you described.

I can't comment on the battery life, I've never replaced one.

Same here. I leave my T-1 on the "5" setting. It has been about a year and I really don't notice any dimming. I keep a spare battery in my grip JIC, the idea of a single coin battery lasting this long is still "witchcraft" (excellent engineering)to me.
Link Posted: 2/16/2012 6:17:44 PM EDT
[#8]
I can't see shit on my T-1 until 5 or 6.
Link Posted: 2/16/2012 6:56:42 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Yup, setting 6 on my T1 is where I start noticing things
Link Posted: 2/16/2012 6:58:03 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

In the dark you should be able to see it at 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top