Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 9/5/2004 5:35:50 AM EST
I do not have a link. However at the beach yesterday, while I was watching 3 young lesbians frolicking in the sand petting and kissing ea. other, I was reading a USnews and there was a article about rising divorce rates in the USA 2003 @ 68%.WTF?------So for anyone thinking of marriage-> Pre-Nup-UP! If she refuses she's not there for you.(tell "er at the last minute,its more fun) I know......I was divorced in 1981 and smart enough to not make the same mistake twice,...VARIETY RULES!
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 5:39:20 AM EST
so were the lezi's hot? and did you get pics?
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 5:41:23 AM EST
I'm so thrilled to be in the majority....
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 5:44:43 AM EST
Im not ever planning on getting married, and its not just becuase I cant meet anyone or that Im an antisocial loser. I dont want to get fucked over more then I have to.
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 5:45:00 AM EST
Can't say I'm surprised, considering the demeanor of the majority of the divorcees I dated (me me ME - can't cook - bitch about everything - drive like maniacs - never shut the hell up - nutty world views - irrational behaviour...)

wait a minute, that applies to all the never married women I dated too!

Link Posted: 9/5/2004 5:51:19 AM EST

Originally Posted By Zaphod:
I'm so thrilled to be in the majority....

yep me too
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 5:58:21 AM EST

Originally Posted By inferno715:

..1 of the lessies was hot(they looked maybe 20ish), no I did'nt get pic's, A soccer mom blew up @ them after a while yelling "not in front of the children!"
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 6:00:01 AM EST
i'm definately waiting a while before i get hitched. my parents were divorced and i'm determined to make every effort to not fuck up. my ex GF and i dated for 4-5 yrs and she started in on it as soon as i moved in with her this past May. both her sister and friend are getting married within the next couple months.

i won't do it until my shit is together and there are no reservations about her character. reading all the horror stories and hearing them from coworkers...i'm in no hurry!!!

Link Posted: 9/5/2004 6:08:05 AM EST
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 6:50:39 AM EST

Originally Posted By Merrell:
Can't say I'm surprised, considering the demeanor of the majority of the divorcees I dated (me me ME - can't cook - bitch about everything - drive like maniacs - never shut the hell up - nutty world views - irrational behaviour...)

Marriage is not much of a deal for a man these days. Not much of a deal at all and I would say that the majority of men who marry make a big mistake. Pickin's are slim though, that's for sure.
I consider myself very fortunate to have found a good one--a true rarity these days. Going on 25 years.
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 6:53:28 AM EST
I have seen alot of people my age get married to save a failing relationship.

Why I dont know.
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 7:01:13 AM EST
How valid are pre-nup's? I've been told by some people that they don't always hold up in the courts? If I get back together with the ex, than this is a must.
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 7:17:33 AM EST
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 7:19:57 AM EST
Its interesting that the US divorce rate is so high, yet at any given time 84% of the adult population is MARRIED.

Which is about 20% more than most of continental Europe, but they have a lower divorce rate...

Just something to ponder...
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 7:26:40 AM EST
What was it said:

"Second marriages are an example of the triumph of hope over experience"

But yeah.. we're in the ME generation and era. If _I_ can't deal with something or compromise, _I_ can get out of it. Everything is disposable. If _I_ don't like it, I can get rid of it. No one believes marriage is work, and no one is willing to put the work into it. They want it free and easy.

I'm glad I know that it is work and that it will not always be easy. So when, if ever, I DO get married, I want to be DAMN SURE she is the one I want to spend the rest of my life with.
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 7:29:04 AM EST
[Last Edit: 9/5/2004 7:30:24 AM EST by sgtar15]

Originally Posted By dnra:
So for anyone thinking of marriage-> Pre-Nup-UP! If she refuses she's not there for you.(tell "er at the last minute,its more fun) I know......I was divorced in 1981 and smart enough to not make the same mistake twice,...VARIETY RULES!

Why do men always blame the woman for the divorce?

Been married 18 years myself, guess I picked right the first time.....of course I didn't let my penis do my thinking...........

SGtar15
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 8:36:25 AM EST

Originally Posted By sgtar15:

Been married 18 years myself, guess I picked right the first time.....of course I didn't let my penis do my thinking...........

SGtar15

good for you
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 8:54:50 AM EST
I

Me

My

Mine
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 8:58:19 AM EST
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 9:01:20 AM EST
If you need a pre nup, you are entering marraige with the wrong ideals. Prenups are giving up before you start. They also show lack of trust from the beginning.
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 9:09:46 AM EST
I agree with you Mr Clean. If I dont trust my girl enough to not screw me over, I shouldnt be in that relationship.

John
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 10:26:58 AM EST
Mine is about 3 days away from being a statistic, if she dont learn to clean up her crap that is everywhere!.....

I love her, but she has her whole life worth of crap everywhere in our house, and Im tired of living in a storage locker, She gives nothing but excuses as to why she wont do anything with it!... And dont anyone give me that " you knew what you were getting before you got hitched shit!" I did the right thing, and we never lived together before we got married, she lived w/ her parents in the basement, Now I have her shit everywhere and it has been 4 years! She refuses to do a damn thing about it other than maybe sorting out a box every now and then and then putting it in a different spot!.....
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 10:29:48 AM EST

Originally Posted By MrClean4Hire:
If you need a pre nup, you are entering marraige with the wrong ideals. Prenups are giving up before you start. They also show lack of trust from the beginning.

+1

Call me naive, but when I get married I'll have been with the guy long enough to know whether or not marriage is meant for us. I actually want to STAY married. It is feasible.
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 10:37:55 AM EST
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 10:39:23 AM EST

I totally disagree. I haven't one nor did I ever try. My wife and I started out with nothing.
However, if you are stupid enough to to go into a marriage with substantial assets and let your ex take them from you then you probably are too frickin stupid to hang onto them anyway. "A fool and his money are soon parted." You just never know what another person will do or how well they can deceive you until after the fact. Just look around here for abundant examples.
Another situation would be remarrying with kids. If something happens to you what is going to happen to your assets? What if you get divorced then? You owe it to your children to look out for their interests.
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 10:39:35 AM EST

wait a minute, that applies to all the never married women I dated too! hr

+1

Roy
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 10:45:42 AM EST

Originally Posted By Aimless:
Sounds like that stastic includes 2nd marriages that end in divorce. After being divorced once you're more likely to have the 2nd marriage end in divorce, so multiple divorcees scew the precentage.

A-ha, I knew the gender traitor would chime in here eventually
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 10:57:21 AM EST

Originally Posted By GabbasaurusRex:

+1

Call me naive, but when I get married I'll have been with the guy long enough to know whether or not marriage is meant for us. I actually want to STAY married. It is feasible.

No offense but that's what I said when I got married.

Now I'm divorced.

I won't insult you by calling you naive. I'll settle for idealistic.
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 11:00:38 AM EST
tagged
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 11:43:05 AM EST
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 11:45:30 AM EST
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 11:54:02 AM EST
[Last Edit: 9/5/2004 11:54:28 AM EST by GabbasaurusRex]

Originally Posted By livefreeordieNH:

Originally Posted By GabbasaurusRex:

+1

No offense but that's what I said when I got married.

Now I'm divorced.

I won't insult you by calling you naive. I'll settle for idealistic.

None taken. I figured I would get a response like that. I don't think many people here that are divorced got married with the intention of separating later.
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 11:55:38 AM EST

Originally Posted By drjarhead:

I totally disagree. I haven't one nor did I ever try. My wife and I started out with nothing.
However, if you are stupid enough to to go into a marriage with substantial assets and let your ex take them from you then you probably are too frickin stupid to hang onto them anyway. "A fool and his money are soon parted." You just never know what another person will do or how well they can deceive you until after the fact. Just look around here for abundant examples.
Another situation would be remarrying with kids. If something happens to you what is going to happen to your assets? What if you get divorced then? You owe it to your children to look out for their interests.

When I got married anything that was mine or hers became ours. In the tragic event of a divorce it will be split because it was ours. I see no need for a prenup. Whatever we have we did it together.

Then again we don't have seperate banking either. One checkbook 2 people.
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 12:13:40 PM EST

Now you know why these women were alone and available.....
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 2:27:10 PM EST
If you want to see how a woman will treat you after you are married, just look at how she treats her father.

If she expects daddy to do every little thing for her, and cater to her every whim, and expects him to let her do whatever she wants w/o her having to face any consequences because she expects him to fix all her mistakes, you RUN THE OTHER WAY.

unfortunately, I've just described 9 out of 10 of the modern, liberated women in our society.

so just don't rush into anything. Make sure you know what kind of person you are marrying. Know how they will react during bad times.
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 2:42:41 PM EST

Originally Posted By 1Andy2:
If you want to see how a woman will treat you after you are married, just look at how she treats her father.

If she expects daddy to do every little thing for her, and cater to her every whim, and expects him to let her do whatever she wants w/o her having to face any consequences because she expects him to fix all her mistakes, you RUN THE OTHER WAY.

unfortunately, I've just described 9 out of 10 of the modern, liberated women in our society.

so just don't rush into anything. Make sure you know what kind of person you are marrying. Know how they will react during bad times.

you know, if you would have posted this a couple years ago... that would have saved me some trouble. at least i got some sex for a while though.
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 2:47:19 PM EST

Originally Posted By dnra:

Originally Posted By inferno715:

..1 of the lessies was hot(they looked maybe 20ish), no I did'nt get pic's, A soccer mom blew up @ them after a while yelling "not in front of the children!"

Oh yeah, like I want a bunch of dumbshit lesbians making out in front of my kids. "Daddy, what are they doing?" "Well son, those are some women who are screwed in the head. They hate men, so they make out with each other... in public, too, to show off. Some men find it arousing. Go USA."
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 3:06:12 PM EST
The quality of women these days is pretty poor. Rather than work on making a marriage and a home, they want to rule the relationship and work on their careers.
Finding one that is willing to work on quality of life issues like cooking, cleaning, charitable contributions and raising a decent family is like trying to find gold fillings in turds.

Don't get me wrong. There are a lot of guys who aren't worth a shit either. Some won't step up to the plate and provide the solid leadership that women crave from men; they let the woman run all over them and pretend they are "sensitive, modern men". Then when their wife sleeps with the village asshole they wonder what happened. Or they give their wife too much shit she thinks "I have a great career, what do I need this asshole for?" Others won't get off their ass and provide for their families in a dignified manner. They drink, gamble or are just plain lazy.

Career girls, spoiled girls, and weak guys or assholes do not long marriages make.
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 3:06:18 PM EST
My wife and I will be going on our 25th this year, we should have been devorced 25 times by now.

If you married someone that doesn't know how life works you are screwed.

It is all about saying "I'm sorry, I f-ked up"
It's all about thinking of someone else besides yourself.
It's all about putting your kids first
It's all about putting your mate before the kids
It's all about putting the family ahead of bill collectors and or other distractions.
It's all about putting your family ahead of your own up-bringing malfunctions

It's all about Gods grace

GM
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 3:20:06 PM EST

I'd have to dis-agree with you on that. Marriage is a legally binding contract. I would tend to think if you have quite a bit of assets, than a prenup is better than nothing. I couldn't imagine, say, buying a piece of real estate, whether it be res. or comm., not confering with my attorney first...
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 3:25:08 PM EST
Whatever happened to sticking it out through the good times and the bad times ?
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 3:28:12 PM EST

Originally Posted By drjarhead:

When I got married anything that was mine or hers became ours. In the tragic event of a divorce it will be split because it was ours. I see no need for a prenup. Whatever we have we did it together.

But what if you didn't?
What about your kids?

I feel the same way about my wife but I have seen situations where people got literally cleaned out, or their kids got screwed. It's not okay, especially the latter. For instance, say your wife died you remarried with substantial assets which your first wife contributed to. Later you die and the second wife takes everything and gives it to her kids. I'd say you were a lousy husband and father to let that happen.

We have 2 savings accounts. 1 is in my name only. It is not for me. It is for the family. It is in my name only because women like to live at or beyond their means and this way we have some fallback cash and have a way to make large purchases when we need. Checking account is in both but my wife always has it. I deal in cash.
Top Top