Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/23/2002 7:38:00 PM EDT
I saw this disturbing story on the International News' Wire:

Al Qaeda Plots Assault on America's Medical Resources

#65279; Nov. 23, 2002

Ozzi Bin Ja-Zarri, an International News correspondent in Jerusalem, has uncovered disturbing information regarding a potential Al Qaeda plot to attack America’s medical resources by using the common cold virus.    Al Qaeda agents, in forty American cities, plan to start releasing six different strains of the common cold this winter season.

Each agent has with them several vials containing seperate cold viruses.  On December 7th 2002, the agents will break open the vials and infect themselves with each of the strains of virus.   Once the agents become ill, they will spread the common cold by sneezing or coughing into salad bars at various chain restaurants including Ruby Tuesdays and the Golden Corral.  The operatives will handle, sneeze and cough on the food in order to contaminate it.  Agents also plan to handle food in the produce sections of grocery stores.   Many of these agents also have jobs in fast food restaurants or grocery stores and are in prime positions to spread the cold viruses.   The Al Qaeda operatives have also trained not to wash their hands after using the restroom.  Al Qaeda operatives are experienced at coating their hands and other body parts with feces.  Once they have built up a layer of feces on their hands, the operatives will begin smearing their hands against fruit and vegetables in the produce section of grocery stores in order to spread the infections.

While the common cold may not seem like much of a threat to the United States, its cumulative effects could be catastrophic.  Dr. Jason Braswick from the Grossman/Kato Medical Institute, stated that while the common cold by itself would pose little threat to America, the simultaneous introduction of six strains of cold virus could place an undue strain on America’s medical resources.  

“Every year we have one or two strains of the cold virus, but six strains at one time could be
catastrophic.  We only produce so much cold and flu medicine in the United States.  We plan on
having one or two viruses a year.  With six alien viruses being introduced at the peak of the cold season, our cold and sinus medicines will run out within a week.” Doctor Braswick stated.  Doctor Braswick also noted that the American economy could be wrecked by the introduction of the cold virus. “Just imagine how many people will call in sick at the same time.... It could cause a nationwide shutdown.”

This plot takes Al Qaeda to a new level of gamesmanship which has not been seen since the
Cold War.  These type of subtle attacks on a nation can go unseen until the totality of the attacks creates a disaster.  

The FBI is urging all Americans to be on the lookout for individuals who may try to handle
food or produce after using the restroom (especially individuals with fecal matter on their hands).

-Ozzi Bin Ja-Zarri  
View Quote

Disturbing-

SS
Link Posted: 11/24/2002 3:05:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Worth a Btt.
Link Posted: 11/24/2002 3:08:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Yes, disturbing. That you, a supposed adult, bought into this bullshit.....

Scott

Link Posted: 11/24/2002 3:10:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Wait, is this a joke?  Coordinated sneezing onto salad bars is perceived as an actual threat?  This has to be a joke.  They'd need millions of salad-sneezers to have any sort of real effect.
Link Posted: 11/24/2002 3:14:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 11/24/2002 3:29:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 11/24/2002 3:33:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Are some people here really gullible enough to believe this stuff? I thought it was funny when I was reading it, but what's even funnier is that someone could actually believe it's true.

Carry on.....
Link Posted: 11/24/2002 3:35:17 PM EDT
[#7]
You should put something in the title so we can tuck our pants into our boots before reading.
Link Posted: 11/24/2002 3:44:36 PM EDT
[#8]
There is such a thing as the AlQueda SS (Salad Sneezers?) [:X*]

Glad my fat ass doesnt eat salad.
Link Posted: 11/24/2002 3:45:04 PM EDT
[#9]
Here's a clue:

There are [b]MANY THOUSANDS OF STRAINS OF THE "COMMON" COLD[/b]. Six strains at once is [b]NOT[/b] a major outbreak.....

Scott

Link Posted: 11/24/2002 3:45:55 PM EDT
[#10]
BTW, I am a carnivore. Salad is to feed the animals I eat.....

Scott

Link Posted: 11/24/2002 4:17:49 PM EDT
[#11]
That would have to mean school age children are a terrorist plot.  They spread more colds and flus than a *million* such terrorist operatives.

Just more evidence for the notion that having kids is dangerous to your health!

[;D]
Link Posted: 11/24/2002 4:31:25 PM EDT
[#12]
I'm not saying thay aren't still dangerous, because they are, but they have been having their ASS handed to them for the last year.  The last thing they are is organized anywhere near where they were on 10 Sept 2001.  If we play this right, (and we will), we'll send tens of thousands of those satanic, moon god worshipping fucks to conjugate with 72 imaginary virgins.  May they all be buried in pigskin and rot in Hell.

That is all.
Link Posted: 11/24/2002 4:38:22 PM EDT
[#13]
I have had a cold all weekend. OHMYGOD terrorists have already got me.....save yourselves, it's too late for me. [:D]
Link Posted: 11/24/2002 4:39:30 PM EDT
[#14]
Al Qaeda operatives are experienced at coating their hands and other body parts with feces.
View Quote

now thats believable!
Link Posted: 11/24/2002 4:43:48 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 11/24/2002 4:45:38 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 11/24/2002 4:52:30 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
That would have to mean school age children are a terrorist plot.  They spread more colds and flus than a *million* such terrorist operatives.

Just more evidence for the notion that having kids is dangerous to your health!

[;D]
View Quote

We have to ban children now!! Now is the time!! It for the good of the childr.... Oops I guess that wont work?
Link Posted: 11/24/2002 5:00:21 PM EDT
[#18]
Thanks for telling the terrorists that we're onto their plot.  Now they might carry shit in a bag instead of on their hands.
Link Posted: 11/24/2002 5:05:51 PM EDT
[#19]
BAN SNEEZING, FOR THE CHILDREN!
Link Posted: 11/24/2002 5:12:44 PM EDT
[#20]
Once the agents become ill, they will spread the common cold by sneezing or coughing into salad bars at various chain restaurants including Ruby Tuesdays and the Golden Corral.
View Quote

Wow, that's an urban legend I haven't seen in a while.  Usually they surface about once a year.  I don't think I've seen the salad bar  one on the Internet in almost 10 years.  Good research on digging that one up!  Also, claiming it would happen on the anniversary of the Jap attack is a nice touch.z
Link Posted: 11/24/2002 5:15:22 PM EDT
[#21]
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! if alot of people get sick them we will know why,Al Qaeda [:O]

W should step up Nyquil production under the new Dept. of Homeland (spend'n like a drunk hooker in Macy's)Security.
Link Posted: 11/24/2002 5:42:48 PM EDT
[#22]
OK Abdullah, drop the lettuce and step away from the salad bar!
Keep your nose where I can see it!
Link Posted: 11/24/2002 5:44:13 PM EDT
[#23]
All I know is that the people who thought I posted this because I was being serious are the [b]rea[/b] fucking morons.

FACT: I wrote this myself.

FACT: If you thought I was stupid enough to be posting this as some kind of warning, then [b]YOU[/b] are a dipshit.

-SS
Link Posted: 11/24/2002 6:32:01 PM EDT
[#24]
Yep, nothing spells out terrorist like "Ruby Tuesdays"!!

Wouldn't they blend in better serving up hot dogs and slurpees at 7-11, and Wawa ??
Link Posted: 11/24/2002 6:34:42 PM EDT
[#25]
FACT:  You suck at writing.  Don't quit your day job.
Link Posted: 11/24/2002 8:12:45 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
FACT:  You suck at writing.  Don't quit your day job.
View Quote

Let me guess, you are pissed off because you just got done buying up all of the local cold and flue medicine.  :D :D :D

-SS
Link Posted: 11/24/2002 8:38:48 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Yes, disturbing. That you, a supposed adult, bought into this bullshit.....

Scott

View Quote

[^][^][^]

Link Posted: 11/24/2002 8:40:49 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
[rolleyes]
View Quote

I concur
Link Posted: 11/24/2002 8:45:01 PM EDT
[#29]
View Quote

Nice old-style troll.  Too bad someone didn't embarrass themselves by posting that they thought it was true.z
Link Posted: 11/24/2002 9:44:37 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
All I know is that the people who thought I posted this because I was being serious are the [b]rea[/b] fucking morons.

FACT: If you thought I was stupid enough to be posting this as some kind of warning, then [b]YOU[/b] are a dipshit.

-SS
View Quote

Trolling for morons, are we?  How rewarding that must be for you.  

I agree, we must ban the children, er..., save the children, no... I mean ban the saving of sick chldren...

Oh, never mind.  
Link Posted: 11/25/2002 6:06:17 PM EDT
[#31]
BTT
Link Posted: 11/25/2002 6:59:42 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I have had a cold all weekend. OHMYGOD terrorists have already got me.....save yourselves, it's too late for me. [:D]
View Quote

Damn they got me too,stomach flu earlier this week.  Save yourselves........avenge me..........................................................................................................................................................................
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top