Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/10/2004 9:48:54 AM EDT
Friday, September 10, 2004

Women lure victims to robbers
FROM STAFF REPORTS

Staff photo
Christophe Tolliver, center, and Shanett Clark, left, are led out to a police cruiser by a San Bernardino County sheriff's deputy Thursday.
VICTORVILLE — Sheriff's deputies arrested a member of a white supremacist group Thursday for suspicion of robbing three U.S. Navy sailors at gunpoint.

Deputies also arrested a woman for helping to lure the civilian-attired sailors to the robbers, San Bernardino County Sheriff's officials said.

On Aug. 11, Shanett Clark, 27, and one other woman met the three sailors at Johnny Fingers Sports Bar and Grill, proceeded to flirt with them and then at closing time asked for a ride to the Green Tree Inn, where the women were supposedly staying, said Sgt. Rick Roelle of the Victorville sheriff's station.

The women called Christophe Tolliver, 26, and Jared Duplex, 19, both of Apple Valley, with a cell phone on the way to the inn to tell them what kind of car they were in, Roelle said.

The two women started kissing each other when they arrived in the parking lot to distract the sailors, then Tolliver and Duplex appeared with a gun and wearing masks, Roelle said.

Duplex was arrested three days after the robbery for allegedly beating up his father and was already in custody, Roelle said.

Deputies arrested Tolliver, a member of White Aryan Resistance, and Clark on Thursday, Roelle said. Tolliver's body is covered in tattoos, including a large image of Adolf Hitler on his side.

The name of the other woman suspected in the robberies was not available late Thursday, but she had been arrested about a week earlier, sheriff's officials said.

After serving a search warrant at Tolliver's Apple Valley residence, deputies found the gun they believed was used in the holdup, Roelle said.

Clark and Tolliver are being held on suspicion of armed robbery at West Valley Detention Center. Clark's bail is set at $100,000, and Tolliver's bail is set at $1 million, jail officials said.

Roelle said Tolliver's bail was set higher than usual because of the nature of the crime, his past criminal record and the fact he was out on bail for suspicion of making terrorist threats in another case.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 9:51:28 AM EDT
[#1]
So one of these geniuses is named "Duplex?" Shouldn't the other one be "Trailer?"
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 9:54:55 AM EDT
[#2]
Crap like that happens where ever there is a military base.  They call it "getting rolled."

Pretty messed up.  Those criminals will get what's coming to them.

Link Posted: 9/10/2004 9:58:23 AM EDT
[#3]
I got a great idea!  To paraphrase Marcellus...

"What now? Let me tell you what now. I'ma call a coupla hard, pipe-hittin' brothers, who'll go to work on the homes here with a pair of pliers and a blow torch. You hear me talkin', hillbilly boy? I ain't through with you by a damn sight. I'ma get medieval on your ass."

I usually reserve this quote for child molestors, but robbing guys serving our country reallllly pisses me off.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 9:59:16 AM EDT
[#4]
That's the same AB mofo who's picture shows up here every once in a while.
The dumbass with two red eyes and the tats that took a whoopin'.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top