Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/4/2001 8:04:37 AM EDT
The tour guides used to carry stainless S&W revolvers to blast to the hippos, but no more...

[url]http://www.FOXNEWS.COM/story/0,2933,33597,00.html[/url]
Link Posted: 9/4/2001 9:11:09 AM EDT
[#1]
"I don't think somebody would find it funny," Leahy said. "It's not humorous. It's really a form of animal cruelty."

yeah...  shotting a fiberglass hippo with a starter pistol.  HOW CRUEL!!!!  WHEN WILL THE MDNESS STOP?!!!

Nuckles.
Link Posted: 9/4/2001 9:16:26 AM EDT
[#2]
I think Disney should make it more realistic now. Hippos are known to be mean and aggressive beasts.  I say they need to have one attack the boat and capsize it, then munch or drown a couple tourists.  

I wonder how many soccer moms they had to poll to get the statement about it being better now that they removed the revolver from the boat. Not to mention that Disney caved into removing the flintlocks from Frontier-Land. But then I guess since guns are taboo now they should be written out of history too. Maybe they will do a remake of Davie Crocket minus the guns. They will also have too make the native americans politically correct and I presume Davie Crocket will be some pansy feel good tree hugger, too coincide with Disney's annual Gay Pride Day.
Link Posted: 9/4/2001 9:20:55 AM EDT
[#3]
Did they also remove the shooting galleries at Dizzyrand?

I remember when I was kid it was real fun because they would actually use BB's in the rifles instead of light flashes.
Link Posted: 9/4/2001 9:26:13 AM EDT
[#4]
"This year, souvenir muskets and antique-style guns, once a Frontierland staple, were yanked."

Yep that murderer Davey Crocket, killing all of those helpless animals just for a meal, how selfish.

Nuckles.
Link Posted: 9/4/2001 9:29:29 AM EDT
[#5]
Remember about ten years ago, when Disney was trying to take over management of some of the major Civil War battlefields in Virginia?

"And here is the site of Pickett's charge, where Union and Confederate soldiers, uh, agreed over tea and crumpets about which side won.  Over there were the slave quarters of the local plantation, where happy dar--, er, 'African Americans' sang their days away while picking cotton.  See the wicked slave overseer scowling at his charges?  We don't let him have a whip any more ever since a three-year-old got scared and cried."
Link Posted: 9/4/2001 9:30:55 AM EDT
[#6]
When the will this anti-gun horseshit
ever stop.
Link Posted: 9/4/2001 9:36:25 AM EDT
[#7]
We went to Disneyland in July and play muskets and pistols were being sold.  

I remember because my 4 year old son wanted another one.  the already has one of each kind - yep I usually buy him a gun whenever he asks [^]. Wish my wife would do the same [:(].

Link Posted: 9/4/2001 10:22:46 AM EDT
[#8]
Homosexuals Good.
Historical Inaccuracies Good.
Teaching Children Ignorance Good.
Guns Bad.

'Nuf Said.

[b]Do YOU Have It?[/b]
[img]www.auburn.edu/~littlcb/cockperf3.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 9/4/2001 11:39:24 AM EDT
[#9]
I find it frightnig that 10 people over 6 months complained about it to Disney.

And I quote the artical: "I wouldn't have taken the kids on the ride if it had guns. I don't even buy toy guns."

SO DON'T GO ON THE FRIGGIN RIDE!! There are lots of rides at Disney World!

If I don't like a peice of artwork at a museum, I don't go! I don't call and say it should be taken down!!  

These are the same people that find books offensive so, by god, they better be banned because they know what's best for everyone!
Link Posted: 9/4/2001 11:47:21 AM EDT
[#10]
In a few years, the pirates in the Pirates of the Carribean ride will have their pistols replaced with flowers, swords replaced with loaves of bread and the guy on the cannon will be on a see-saw.

Woo hoo!
Link Posted: 9/4/2001 12:57:55 PM EDT
[#11]
In a few years the Pirates of the Carribean will be re-named Butt-Pirates of the Cabana. It will be set on a Club Hedo theme to bring into the new millenium of pollitically correct television sitcoms that feature at least one person of an alternative lifestyle, one of mixed race and the befuddled angry white male for comic relief. [sex]
Link Posted: 9/4/2001 1:12:09 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Did they also remove the shooting galleries at Dizzyrand?

I remember when I was kid it was real fun because they would actually use BB's in the rifles instead of light flashes.
View Quote

Uhh, I've never been and I know that is gone.
Link Posted: 9/4/2001 1:49:08 PM EDT
[#13]
Both Disneyland and Magic Mountain got rid of those really cool full auto Tommy guns a long time ago. They were replaced with the light emitting rifles, SUCK! Those Tommy guns rocked, inaccurate but so cool and well worth the price. That little red star was really hard to shoot out too, the sights never worked and the bb's flew all over the place.
Link Posted: 9/4/2001 2:57:11 PM EDT
[#14]
I went to Disney in FL last year.  One memorable firearm experience was the safari in Animal Kingdon where they have the good guys raid a camp of elephant poachers with realistic-looking plastic AK-47's!  I guess they'll take those away to and replace them with sharp sticks.  

Disney has been anti-gun for the last decade so this is no surprise.  Ever check out Woody's holster in "Toy Story"?  EMPTY!  Who the f&*k ever heard of a cowbow with an empty holster.  

Keep your powder dry ladies and gentlemen, because this shit is going to get worse before it gets worse.

Regards,
SOL
Link Posted: 9/4/2001 3:16:11 PM EDT
[#15]
[i]"However, a gun-wielding gorilla and indigenous people carrying shrunken heads remain."[/i]
Shows you where their priorities lie.

Link Posted: 9/4/2001 3:20:46 PM EDT
[#16]
I will, however retract my indignation if they'd include a Sharks Attack! ride, complete with leg-ripping action.

But i wouldn't hold my breath.
Link Posted: 9/4/2001 3:29:25 PM EDT
[#17]
10 people in 6 months complained.  

Hmm...[thinking]

That's 10 out of, oh I don't know, 1,500,000 visitors in the same time period.

That's a percentage so small my calculator doesn't go that far!  Another example of the vocal minority winning out over the silent majority.  Well, I guess we have to complain when we're happy now too...
Link Posted: 9/4/2001 4:49:44 PM EDT
[#18]
My sister works for Disney Corporate offices here at Disney World. I'm alway's *itchin at her about the crap that goes on around there.

Guess I'll have something else to gripe about now.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top