Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/6/2003 8:37:50 AM EDT
The Discovery Channel had a bunch of shows on Special Forces, Rangers, etc. this past weekend and my son asked me why everyone (just about) was carrying these massive packs. In the footage of the forces in Afganistan, their packs were huge. What all are they carrying in them that makes them so big?  
Link Posted: 1/6/2003 8:43:51 AM EDT
[#1]
TOILET PAPER.  LOTS OF TOILET PAPER!

(have you ever allowed an MRE to enter your digestive tract?)
Link Posted: 1/6/2003 8:44:15 AM EDT
[#2]
Food, water, radios, medical supplies, ammo, rope, flashlights, nightvision, extra clothes, matches, tape, sleeping bag and about a billion other things.

Think about all of the stuff that you would want to take if you were going to war.
Link Posted: 1/6/2003 7:36:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
TOILET PAPER.  LOTS OF TOILET PAPER!

(have you ever allowed an MRE to enter your digestive tract?)
View Quote

I have and those thing stick together like silly putty. Plus it takes about 2 weeks to crap it out. I think they made it that way so you'd go to the bathroom less in the field and it wouldn't make your ass as dirty.
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 3:11:55 AM EDT
[#4]
It is amazing that a group of highly motivated people can carry so much stuff on their backs in their pack when they are going out into the field.

What's even more amazing is how SMALL those same packs are when they return!

And I didn't see that on the Discovery Channel! [x]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top