[#1]
Speechless.
Link Posted: 10/19/2008 6:00:30 PM EDT
[#2]
IBIWNHH

In before "it will never happen here"
Link Posted: 10/19/2008 6:02:01 PM EDT
[#3]
But it was the Iraqi Govt that wants to disarm Baghdad.

NOT THE US
Link Posted: 10/19/2008 6:02:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Well,i see they're getting practice for.........
Link Posted: 10/19/2008 6:03:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Well shit.  I guess inherent rights only exist in the U.S.

At least for now
Link Posted: 10/19/2008 6:05:34 PM EDT
[#6]
It really makes you wonder....

it really does. God bless our troops and I am grateful for their service.

Yet it is one of those things that makes you go hmmm....  
Link Posted: 10/19/2008 6:08:14 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

US!
Tin foil hat me all you want, but this is our future!
Link Posted: 10/19/2008 6:11:59 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

At least for now
Indeed, the U.S. Constitution only applies to people in the United States. Iraqis have no Second Amendment rights.

I'm always amazed at the number of people here who think this kind of thing is a dress rehersal for gun confiscation in the United States.

Make sure you don't read about what we did in Japan after they surrendered in 1945. You'd probably have a fucking stroke.
Link Posted: 10/19/2008 6:12:23 PM EDT
[#9]
"Soule, who is now stationed in Adhamiyah, estimated that his company has confiscated about 60 AKs so far. They have not yet arrested anybody. "

Excuse me while I .

60 whole AKs.  In Adhamiyah.  Shit, I hope they aren't working too hard.

Somehow, I get the impression that they aren't really tossing these homes in the most diligent way, for some reason.

Link Posted: 10/19/2008 6:13:37 PM EDT
[#10]
Wait until the Iraqi .gov starts blaming Syria and Iran, etc for the illegal guns coming over the boarder.  Maybe we can send Bloomberg there to help with the "problem".
Link Posted: 10/19/2008 6:14:51 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

US!
Tin foil hat me all you want, but this is our future!

Agreed 100%.
Link Posted: 10/19/2008 6:17:25 PM EDT
[#12]
When we were first there, we let family's have 1 AK and 1 magazine for home protection. Ever since they started to take every weapon, the crime rates have gone way the fuck up.
Link Posted: 10/19/2008 6:18:22 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 10/19/2008 6:19:25 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

At least for now
Indeed, the U.S. Constitution only applies to people in the United States. Iraqis have no Second Amendment rights.

I'm always amazed at the number of people here who think this kind of thing is a dress rehersal for gun confiscation in the United States.

Make sure you don't read about what we did in Japan after they surrendered in 1945. You'd probably have a fucking stroke.

Are our rights given to us by our creator or by man?  They may not have a Second Amendment but they still have God given rights.

As far as what happen in Japan after 1945, that didn't work out too well for the citizens there now did it?

ETA- You may want to look up the definition of inherent.
Link Posted: 10/19/2008 6:21:14 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
When we were first there, we let family's have 1 AK and 1 magazine for home protection. Ever since they started to take every weapon, the crime rates have gone way the fuck up.

History repeats itself.
Link Posted: 10/19/2008 6:25:05 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

At least for now

Are our rights given to us by our creator or by man?  They may not have a Second Amendment but they still have God given rights.

As far as what happen in Japan after 1945, that didn't work out too well for the citizens there now did it?
God given right to an AK in every home? No, I do not believe that they do. Honestly, I don't believe that God gives anyone any sort if rights in this world, what, with free will and all.

The confiscation of their arms and destruction of their war obsessed culture doesn't seem to have had much of a negative impact on present day Japan.
Link Posted: 10/19/2008 6:27:13 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

At least for now

God given right to an AK in every home? No, I do not believe that they do. Honestly, I don't believe that God gives anyone any sort if rights in this world, what, with free will and all.

The confiscation of their arms and destruction of their war obsessed culture doesn't seem to have had much of a negative impact on present day Japan.

Then why should you have the right to an Ak?

Not too many gun owners in Japan these days.  I guess if it's ok for them then it's ok for us?
Link Posted: 10/19/2008 6:29:07 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

At least for now

Where do our rights come from?

Link Posted: 10/19/2008 6:32:10 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

At least for now

Crickets.....
Link Posted: 10/19/2008 6:35:34 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

At least for now

As Americans, OUR rights were secured by the men who founded this country and set about declaring what they believed we were entitled to. Those rights have subsequently been maintained by other men who believed that we were entitled to them.

As I said before, I believe that there is no such thing as a "God given" or inherent right to bear arms of to do anything else. I believe that God put us here with a set of basic rules and guidelines and left the rest up to us.
Link Posted: 10/19/2008 6:37:46 PM EDT
[#21]
So why are we entitled to these rights but others in other countries are not?
Link Posted: 10/19/2008 6:40:22 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

By this logic, you'd be A-OK with door-to-door gun confiscation here if the Second Amendment was repealed, or if a law was passed mandating such, it got to SCOTUS, and there were just enough Justices willing to say "2A is a collective right, confiscations from private citizens are permissible".

A right is just that... a basic, inherent, natural right, granted by God if you're so inclined, which is immutable by the law of man.
Link Posted: 10/19/2008 6:41:43 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

At least for now

As Americans, OUR rights were secured by the men who founded this country and set about declaring what they believed we were entitled to. Those rights have subsequently been maintained by other men who believed that we were entitled to them.

As I said before, I believe that there is no such thing as a "God given" or inherent right to bear arms of to do anything else. I believe that God put us here with a set of basic rules and guidelines and left the rest up to us.

If our rights were secured they had to be pre-existing.

Or you mean they were made up.

Our founders believed these rights are not man made and are basic to every human. Part of the purpose of the government is to protect those rights. Your view appears to be a 180 from that.
Link Posted: 10/19/2008 6:42:35 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Because someone in our country's history cared enough about us to declare that we had an uninfringeable right to bear arms, while they seem not to have been so lucky.

It really is as simple as that. If our forefathers hadn't believed that we should be armed, we'd have suffered the same fate as the rest of the world.
Link Posted: 10/19/2008 6:48:20 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

By this logic, you'd be A-OK with door-to-door gun confiscation here if the Second Amendment was repealed, or if a law was passed mandating such, it got to SCOTUS, and there were just enough Justices willing to say "2A is a collective right, confiscations from private citizens are permissible".

A right is just that... a basic, inherent, natural right, granted by God if you're so inclined, which is immutable by the law of man.
If you say so.

The reality is that if it weren't on paper in our Constitution, and hadn't been preserved by men who believed it was correct, civilian gun ownership in the United States would be nothing but a dream.

History has shown us that there is no right, not even the very right to life, that cannot be stripped away by the laws of man.

Link Posted: 10/19/2008 6:50:48 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Because someone in our country's history cared enough about us to declare that we had an uninfringeable right to bear arms, while they seem not to have been so lucky.

It really is as simple as that. If our forefathers hadn't believed that we should be armed, we'd have suffered the same fate as the rest of the world.

There is a difference between existing and being recognized.
Link Posted: 10/19/2008 6:54:56 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

There is a difference between existing and being recognized.

Exactly.  

ETA- So if the Second Amendment is abolished then we have no right to bear arms?  Fuck that.
Link Posted: 10/19/2008 7:30:13 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

So are you saying a gun grab in the U.S. would have no impact either?

If so, will you advocate for one?
Link Posted: 10/19/2008 7:36:38 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

At least for now

Crickets.....

Crickets gave us our rights? I thought the ant was the smart one...

Link Posted: 10/19/2008 7:36:43 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

America isn't Japan.

My point in my original post was that all of this BS about such actions foreshadowing things to come in the U.S. is just that. BS. We disarmed the Japanese(with good cause) more than 60 years ago and it didn't lead to gun confiscation here. We've disarmed people throughout the world for various reasons in the decades since and that never led to confiscation here either.

I don't believe that a real "gun grab" will ever occur in the United States. Of course, I would not advocate one.
Link Posted: 10/19/2008 7:45:22 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

America isn't Japan.

My point in my original post was that all of this BS about such actions foreshadowing things to come in the U.S. is just that. BS. We disarmed the Japanese(with good cause) more than 60 years ago and it didn't lead to gun confiscation here. We've disarmed people throughout the world for various reasons in the decades since and that never led to confiscation here either.

I don't believe that a real "gun grab" will ever occur in the United States. Of course, I
would not advocate one.

Why not?  According to you it didn't hurt the Japanese any.
Link Posted: 10/19/2008 7:48:56 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

At least for now

A willingness to do violence to others, which is all but absent in our culture now.
Link Posted: 10/19/2008 7:53:55 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

America isn't Japan.

I don't believe that a real "gun grab" will ever occur in the United States. Of course, I
would not advocate one.

The Japanese, like the Germans, have been quite the postwar success story, but their disarmament was well deserved and hasn't had a significant negative effect on their society.

Link Posted: 10/19/2008 7:56:32 PM EDT
[#34]
Count me among those who feel their God given rights are worth preserving, by any means necessary.
Link Posted: 10/19/2008 7:58:26 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

America isn't Japan.

would not advocate one.

The Japanese, like the Germans, have been quite the postwar success story, but their disarmament was well deserved and hasn't had a significant negative effect on their society.

Link Posted: 10/19/2008 7:59:31 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

America isn't Japan.

would not advocate one.

Don't be afraid to post something useful rather than some emoticons.
Link Posted: 10/19/2008 8:03:17 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

America isn't Japan.

would not advocate one.

It would appear their disarmament disarmed the people more than the military/gov...

Link Posted: 10/19/2008 8:03:57 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
<snip>

The Japanese and Germans have long histories of being cultures of strong willed people with intense feelings of nationalism, pride and resillency. Today they are cultures of limp wristed panty waists with cultures of government dependency and cannot even defend their own nations without the United States military.
Link Posted: 10/19/2008 8:12:20 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:
<snip>

The Japanese and Germans have long histories of being cultures of strong willed people with intense feelings of nationalism, pride and resillency. Today they are cultures of limp wristed panty waists with cultures of government dependency and cannot even defend their own nations without the United States military.
Yeah, that's the sort of thing that happens when your country essentially becomes a massive cult of fanatics hellbent on conquering the world or being killed trying, then attacking one of the world's superpowers and putting up four years of some of the most intense resistance in history, and then being beaten into submission and conquered at the cost of millions of lives on all sides.

Simple cause and effect gentlemen. When you prove that you are a tremendous threat when armed, those who feel threatened will disarm you whenever they get the chance. Disarming Japan is not much different than disarming violent felons.

Japan took their beating and in the years since have developed into a civilized, industrious, and productive society. I'm sure that some of them would prefer to be armed, but they can thank their ancestors for the way things in Japan are now, just like we can thank ours for the way things are in America.  
Link Posted: 10/19/2008 8:13:09 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
"Soule, who is now stationed in Adhamiyah, estimated that his company has confiscated about 60 AKs so far. They have not yet arrested anybody. "

Excuse me while I .

Somehow, I get the impression that they aren't really tossing these homes in the most diligent way, for some reason.

Thats what I was thinking.  I worked near Adhamiyah.  There are nearly 2 million people living in that area.  That leave 1,999,940 AKs to go...

What pisses me off is that they are having us do the gun grabs.  They should do it themselves.
Link Posted: 10/19/2008 8:14:15 PM EDT
[#41]
     It's not our country it's not our culture it has nothing to do with us. It was not a coalition Idea this is a decision from their elected leadership. The Iraqi constituiton does not have a RKBA.

Link Posted: 10/19/2008 8:14:48 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

America isn't Japan.

would not advocate one.

Don't be afraid to post something useful rather than some emoticons.

Fine.  You're right the Japanese and the Germans have been great success stories. Except their citizens can't protect themselves and are at the mercy of their leaders.  I guess we shouldn't even call them citizens, we should call them subjects.
Link Posted: 10/19/2008 8:18:52 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
<snip>

Yeah, that's the sort of thing that happens when your country essentially becomes a massive cult of fanatics hellbent on conquering the world or being killed trying, then attacking one of the world's superpowers and putting up four years of some of the most intense resistance in history, and then being beaten into submission and conquered at the cost of millions of lives on all sides.

Simple cause and effect gentlemen. When you prove that you are a tremendous threat when armed, those who feel threatened will disarm you whenever they get the chance. Disarming Japan is not much different than disarming violent felons.

Japan took their beating and in the years since have developed into a civilized, industrious, and productive society. I'm sure that some of them would prefer to be armed, but they can thank their ancestors for the way things in Japan are now, just like we can thank ours for the way things are in America.  

Disarming the general populace of their personal weapons was not a function of the surrender of either Germany or Japan. The only disarmament the military was concerned with was the disarmament of the vanquished armed forces.
Link Posted: 10/19/2008 8:19:18 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Excuse me while I .

Oh man, that used to be one of my old stomping grounds.
Link Posted: 10/19/2008 8:19:35 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

So when a UN bitch Barack Hussein Obama presidency feels a bunch on hicks who cling to guns and religion are too  “great threat” to the new America and civilizlized society, a gun grab would be justified?

When there is too much of a threat that ordinary Americans will defend their rights to liberty and the pursuit of happiness with the Second Amendment, we might appear too dangerous and by your logic a gun grab would be justified.
Link Posted: 10/19/2008 8:19:58 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
<snip>

Our government killed off millions of American indians. Should we today not have the right to bear arms since in the past our government killed millions?

Link Posted: 10/19/2008 8:21:54 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Excuse me while I .

Oh man, that used to be one of my old stomping grounds.

I was across the river in Kadamiyah....
Link Posted: 10/19/2008 8:22:19 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

America isn't Japan.

would not advocate one.

I'm laughing hear reading your posts and then reading your sig
Link Posted: 10/19/2008 8:23:41 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

America isn't Japan.

would not advocate one.

I'm laughing hear reading your posts and then reading your sig

I didn't even notice
Link Posted: 10/19/2008 8:24:50 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:

If it makes you feel better to not call it a "God Given" right then just call it Natural Law. Every animal on this planet is given the ability to fend for it's life, and protect it's family.

ETA: Spelling
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top