Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
Durkin Tactical Franklin Armory
User Panel

Posted: 6/16/2007 11:41:00 AM EDT
Anyone know where to get britches like these? With the built in knee pads, I'm thinking these jeans might be good for 3-gun matches. Canvas? Leather?

Thanks HW

Link Posted: 6/16/2007 11:42:51 AM EDT
[#1]
I've never seen any "dirt bike pants" as you refer'd them like those... Usually they are really brightly colored, but check out Denniskirk.com

Secondly, what are you doing with a copy of vanity fair?
Link Posted: 6/16/2007 11:48:18 AM EDT
[#2]
Hard to tell from the pic, but they appear to be the bottom half of a two piece road race suit....Do a google search for AlpineStars, Joe Rocket, Icon, Syed are a few of the top of my head....
Link Posted: 6/16/2007 11:53:14 AM EDT
[#3]
Ahhhh. The legacy of Steve McQueen lives on.
Link Posted: 6/16/2007 11:55:52 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Ahhhh. The legacy of Steve McQueen lives on.

I really hope that is not who they are comparing Bruce too.

He can't hold a candle to McQueen.
Link Posted: 6/16/2007 11:56:22 AM EDT
[#5]
I think Icon makes a set:

Link
Link Posted: 6/16/2007 11:59:51 AM EDT
[#6]
Those are probably designer wanna be pants.

For really durable real world jeans that are made to take a motorcycle crash and may be good for other rolling around in rocks type of activities check out Draggin' Jeans

I own a pair and they are comfortable even in summer heat and very durable.

Link Posted: 6/16/2007 12:10:57 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Secondly, what are you doing with a copy of vanity fair?

Doctor's office visit. Vanity Fair, Better Homes and Gardens, Self, etc is the normal reading material. Several times I've left a hunting or gun rag there, but they seem to disappear.
Link Posted: 6/16/2007 7:40:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Before the ballistic nylon and high tech fabric dirt riding gear you wore leather pants.
IIRC the flat track riders wore them also or may have origionated them.  I've never worn a pair but I'll bet they are hot to wear while running around.  I know my one piece roadracing leathers were like being in a sauna on a warm day.  I had a bunch of small holes punched in the upper and lower chest area and this made a lot of difference.

Check out the gear available for dirt biking.  There are several variations of knee pads or guards.  Some are a combination knee/shin guard.  I have a pair that just cover my knees and are held on by a velcro strap above the knee.

I think a pair of heavy blue jeans with a thick leather knee pad sewed or velcroed on would work for shooting matches.

My .02 cents.
Link Posted: 6/16/2007 7:51:41 PM EDT
[#9]
Um, there's no need for dirtbike pants for 3 gun. You'll look a goof ball.

How about some of the 5.11 tactical pants with the built in knee pads? They're really comfortable.

Why not just wear external knee pads?

Have you shot 3-gun yet?
Link Posted: 6/16/2007 8:50:33 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Can't be any goofier looking than the bunch of 40 something 300lb office geek wannabes wearing pristine 5.11s that was at last weekend's local match. Looking for practical, not stylish. Gave up caring what others thought of my clothes when I was in 8th grade.

How about some of the 5.11 tactical pants with the built in knee pads? They're really comfortable.

Like EVERYONE else wears? They were great 6 - 8 years ago when hardly anyone wore them. I never wear mine anymore. 5.11s are getting really cliche.

I'd rather look the "goof ball" than look like everyone else. Way back when, the first guy wearing 5.11s was thought to be the "goof ball".

Have you shot 3-gun yet?

Most every weekend. Sometimes twice a weekend.

I'll be at the 3 Gun Nationals in Tulsa, OK in October. Will you be there?
Link Posted: 6/17/2007 8:15:13 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Can't be any goofier looking than the bunch of 40 something 300lb office geek wannabes wearing pristine 5.11s that was at last weekend's local match. Looking for practical, not stylish. Gave up caring what others thought of my clothes when I was in 8th grade.

Like EVERYONE else wears? They were great 6 - 8 years ago when hardly anyone wore them. I never wear mine anymore. 5.11s are getting really cliche.

I'd rather look the "goof ball" than look like everyone else. Way back when, the first guy wearing 5.11s was thought to be the "goof ball".

Have you shot 3-gun yet?

Most every weekend. Sometimes twice a weekend.

I'll be at the 3 Gun Nationals in Tulsa, OK in October. Will you be there?

Hey, more power to ya! From my Motocross experience, I can tell you that you won't find something that'll work. I personally don't see anything wrong with the 5.11 or similar brand pants. They work. They're resistant to tearing, and have built in knee pads.

What about shorter, hard plate knee pads designed for skateboarding?

I won't be at the 3-gun nationals; but I'll be at my IDPA state match and the World Speed Shooting Championships (steel challenge) in August.
Link Posted: 6/17/2007 8:34:47 AM EDT
[#12]
used to have some thick padded YamaDog leather for high speed low drag in the Desert blast's....but in the heat of the day...........thankfully I never planned on having kids
Link Posted: 6/17/2007 8:38:47 AM EDT
[#13]
I've never seen any dirt biking pants like that.
Link Posted: 6/17/2007 8:44:37 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

You could try some baggy clown pants. Nobody's wearing those.
Link Posted: 6/18/2007 8:12:10 AM EDT
[#15]
Yep motorcycle pants would look real goofy on the range.

Icon Standard Pant - Blue and black available

Quality 14 oz. denim chassis
Reinforced aramid knees for abrasion resistance
Triple-needle stitching on critical seams
Relaxed fit
Link Posted: 6/18/2007 8:23:28 AM EDT
[#16]
That is the second goofy assed magazine cover I have seen in as many weeks. Do the 'stars' really pose or are they photoshoped?

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top