Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/21/2002 11:15:56 PM EDT
Ass! Read this little blurb on Mr. Altman before you go see his next film:

DON'T COME BACK

MAKING "Gosford Park" in England seems to have turned Robert Altman against the United States. "When I see an American flag flying, it's a joke," he fumed to the Times of London yesterday. "This present government in America I just find disgusting, the idea that George Bush could run a baseball team successfully - he can't even speak! I just find him an embarrassment." Altman's feeling is so strong, he's thinking of moving to London for good. "I'd be very happy to stay here," he tells the paper. "There's nothing in America that I would miss at all."

See article at:[url]
http://www.pagesix.com/pagesix/9228.htm[/url]

Eric The(SpeakingOfEmbarrassments...)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 1/21/2002 11:18:47 PM EDT
[#1]
I say good riddance to him. If only he would take Cher, Barbara, Rosie, Alec and the rest of the Hollywood loosers who promised to leave if GWB was elected, we would be better off.

Edited to add Hill $ Billary, Ted, Charley, Dianne and the rest of thier ilk.
Link Posted: 1/21/2002 11:21:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/22/2002 1:00:41 AM EDT
[#3]
He's right about W not being able to speak.  I hate Bush's delivery.  It's like, staccato and he accentuates his sentences in a way that really annoys me.  Clinton was better, Reagan was the master.  
Link Posted: 1/22/2002 1:55:40 AM EDT
[#4]
Hit The Road Jack
( Ray Charles )

(Hit the road, Jack and don't you come back no more, no more, no more, no more)
(Hit the road, Jack and don't you come back no more)
What you say?

Woah, Woman, oh woman, don't treat me so mean
You're the meanest old woman that I've ever seen
I guess if you said so
I'd have to pack my things and go (That's right)

What you say?

Now baby, listen, baby, don't ya treat me this-a way
Cause I'll be back on my feet some day
(Don't care if you do 'cause it's understood)
(You ain't got no money you just ain't no good)
Well, I guess if you say so
I'd have to pack my things and go (That's right)

[break]

What you say?
(Don't you come back no more)
Well
Uh, what you say?
I didn't understand you!
You can't mean that!
Oh, now baby, please!
What you tryin' to do to me?
Oh, don't treat me like that!
Link Posted: 1/22/2002 2:41:56 AM EDT
[#5]
Well I will make sure to never see any of his films ever again. Good riddens to ya dont let the door hit you in the ass on the way out baby.One question I do have is what is wrong with President Bush's speaking? I personally kinda like it, he talks mainly from the heart even if he fumbles at times who the hell really cares about the fumbles. He talks off the cuff at times too. To me this shows me that he is just a regular american guy liveing the american dream, you can do what ever you set your heart to do. I would rather have a president that fumbles in his speeches and tells me the truth, then an eliquent speeking president that lies to the whole american public and deceives people into thinking that his agenda is what is right for america, even if that agenda goes against the constitution of the united states. Maybe some people are being just a little to critical of a man who has had to begin to mop up the mess that the clinton administation left to be cleaned up. I am pretty impressed. I remember before the elections so many were worried about george bush not having the political skills to deal with foreign nations, well guess what he is handling a lot of foreign nation issues and I might say that he is doing a pretty damb good job. Give President Bush a break. Do you want an eliquent speeker or do you want a President that loves america and what America stands for, freedom,justice,and the pursute of happiness.
Link Posted: 1/22/2002 6:09:52 AM EDT
[#6]
"I'd be very happy to stay here," he tells the paper. "There's nothing in America that I would miss at all."
View Quote
If for no other reason here's why I bet the illustrious Mr. Altman graces our shores once more:  He'll miss America's tax rates, because the Brits would suck all the bucks (or pounds) out of a rich guy like him.  Of course that didn't stop Madonna from moving to Limeyland . . .
Link Posted: 1/22/2002 6:22:43 AM EDT
[#7]

[sarcasm - on]
But he seemed so pro-American up until now, didn't he?! I mean, wasn't M*A*S*H a pro-military, pro-American masterpiece of cinema?  It gave me goosebumps how he portrayed our armed forces as brave, competent and honorable even when the culture at the time was very much anti-American and anti-military.  He [u]certainly[/] didn't take advantage of that chance to kick America when she was down just to make himself more liked by the commies in Hollywood.
[sarcasm - off]
[puke]

[b]Phoenix5[/b] said it best, can't add to that!
Link Posted: 1/22/2002 6:32:52 AM EDT
[#8]
AMF BOB and when Tony Blair's tax rate bleeds you dry dontcome crying bach to us.  Maybe Fidel will take you in, I hear he's a great orator and likes your movies.  While you're at it please take Alec, Rosie and Roy Scheider with you!
Link Posted: 1/22/2002 11:52:09 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted: While you're at it please take Alec, Rosie and Roy Scheider with you!
View Quote

Don't forget Drew @#$%^&* Barrymore!!!!!!!!  She's become so anti lately she's beyond the brady Bunch. She had Spielburg re-edit "ET" (I never watched it) to replace guns in the FBI agents hands to walkie talkies!!! According to her, even cops can't have guns!! She should jump back on the cocaine wagon with both feet.
Link Posted: 1/22/2002 11:55:51 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted: While you're at it please take Alec, Rosie and Roy Scheider with you!
View Quote

Don't forget Drew @#$%^&* Barrymore!!!!!!!!  She's become so anti lately she's beyond the brady Bunch. She had Spielburg re-edit "ET" (I never watched it) to replace guns in the FBI agents hands to walkie talkies!!! According to her, even cops can't have guns!! She should jump back on the cocaine wagon with both feet.
View Quote

No, Drew can stay. I will try and change her mind.
Link Posted: 1/22/2002 11:56:21 AM EDT
[#11]
Don't let the door hit you as you walk out...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top