Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
PSA
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 10/8/2005 11:26:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/9/2005 5:55:08 PM EDT by shop_rat45]
So, I'm watching this infomercial on TV at 3:00am, (nothing good ever comes from this) and they speak of this great discount store for home stuff called Direct Buy. They have 6 locations here in Michigan, so they have now sparked my interest. So, are there any members here? Is it worth all the hype? How much is it to join?? Any info is appreciated since I'm about to start building a house.

Kris
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 9:37:45 AM EDT
ttt
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 3:31:03 PM EDT
No one?
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 3:45:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/9/2005 3:45:38 PM EDT by Tango7]

ETA - It's a tumbleweed...
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 5:40:52 PM EDT
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 5:48:53 PM EDT

Originally Posted By shop_rat45:
So, I'm watching this infomercial on TV at 3:00am, (nothing good ever comes from this) and they speak of this great discount store for home stuff. They have 6 locations here in Michigan, so they have now sparked my interest. So, are there any members here? Is it worth all the hype? How much is it to join?? Any info is appreciated since I'm about to start building a house.

Kris

By your description it could be Wal-Mart, Target, Sam's Club, Home Depot...or...let's face it...pretty much ANY department store.
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 5:51:30 PM EDT
A friend of mine went to check them out. I don't remember the exact info but it was like $700+ to join. I guess that if you had a need to buy a lot of furniture, house stuff, etc you might save some money. If you are looking for a new bedroom set or minor stuff you can probably do better elsewhere.  
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 5:53:41 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Sumo:
A friend of mine went to check them out. I don't remember the exact info but it was like $700+ to join. I guess that if you had a need to buy a lot of furniture, house stuff, etc you might save some money. If you are looking for a new bedroom set or minor stuff you can probably do better elsewhere.  

Well, I'm building a house, so I could use any help I can get.
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 5:54:51 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Zippy_The_Wonderdog:

So, I'm watching this infomercial on TV at 3:00am, (nothing good ever comes from this) and they speak of this great discount store for home stuff. They have 6 locations here in Michigan, so they have now sparked my interest. So, are there any members here? Is it worth all the hype? How much is it to join?? Any info is appreciated since I'm about to start building a house.

Kris

By your description it could be Wal-Mart, Target, Sam's Club, Home Depot...or...let's face it...pretty much ANY department store.

Sorry, the title of this thread states that the store is called "direct buy" I'll add it to my original post.
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 6:05:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/9/2005 6:06:40 PM EDT by Sumo]
Missed the building a house part in your first post. The one thing I thought that was strange was that they insisted that he bring his wife when they went for the tour. Probably a sales thing? I know after the tour they got the sit down sales pitch. Since you are building a house it might be a benefit if you are doing a lot of the work. Though, I would probably try to price compare before getting the memership.
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 6:07:26 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Sumo:
Missed the building a house part in your first post. The one thing I thought that was strange was that they insisted that he bring his wife when they went for the tour. Probably a sales thing? I know after the tour they got the sit down sales pitch. Since you are building a house it might be a benefit if you are doing a lot of the work. Though, I would probably try to price compare before getting the memership.

I may look into it. We'll see. If I do, I'll do a full "range report".
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 6:08:50 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Tango7:
images.google.com/images?q=tbn:2CQhMQ3q15gJ:www.danheller.com/images/California/DeathValley/Misc/dv-tumbleweed-1-big.jpg

ETA - It's a tumbleweed...

Tumbleweed rolling down the abandoned street in the old westerns...

never mind. Just trying to lightn up an otherwise (then) responded to post.
Top Top