Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/1/2006 2:17:09 AM EDT
Word going around is that we will be getting Diplomatic Passports soon. What benefits do these have?

Aviator
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 2:54:18 AM EDT
[#1]
A bit more "Umph" when going thru customs over an Official passport.

I have Dip visas in a Civ passport and its great for the "Grey Man" way of doing things, but there are times that some asshat just cant figure it out.  Especially here in the states.

Link Posted: 3/1/2006 4:31:08 PM EDT
[#2]
I had to get an Official Passport when I went to Macedonia last fall.  There are three types "regular" Blue; Official (marroon); and Diplomatic (Black); they have benefits and downsides.  One of the guys I was in Macedonia with had all three (his wife worked for State).  There are benefits and of course downsides.  The biggest beneift I have had from my Official passport is convincing the TSA folks to move me to the font of the line (I would have missed my flight and it was for Government business, so I don't feel like I abused it).  You may speed through customs here faster, but if the country you are in gets pissy with the US then you may be one of the first people they kick out.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 9:49:07 AM EDT
[#3]
I have all three.. Which one gets used depends on the mission.. Never really noticed much difference between them when traveling... Civilian passport attracts less attention.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top