Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/5/2003 6:03:07 PM EDT
Started cooking some chicken nuggets and decided I'd throw them in the oven... The microwave makes the nuggets squishy, and it turns out the Texas Toast and the nuggets both cook at 425 degrees for 7-8 minutes...

I put it in the oven, and realized I could redeem myself from my rushed and poor showing last time.

For dinner: Texas Toast and Chicken Nuggets dipped in Walmart's hottest BBQ sauce and Minute Maid lemonade with dry ice providing a smooth carbonation. (Tornado hit here last night, and I used some dry ice semi-successfully to remove some hail damage)

[img]http://www.gunsnet.net/album/data/500/5270Nugget-Dinner.jpg[/img]

Protection: IAI M444 FAL w/Kobra sight, 2 Makarovs (can't shoot for shit with my left hand, but if I go down, I gotsta go down looking badass), Smith and Wesson knife, Stanley tape measure (the big tape measure was at the bottom of my drawer and I didn't want to dig for it). The binocs are 7x40 Zeiss optics, perfect for spotting tangos across the apartment.

Anyone know of any other uses for dry ice? I put some in my lemonade, but I still have a couple pounds of it in my freezer, and I can't imagine up another use for it...

[:)]

Shawn
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 6:12:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 6:13:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Let's see....

dinner....check

guns....check

knife....check

tape measure....check

Well done.
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 6:20:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Let's see....

dinner....check

guns....check

knife....check

tape measure....check

Well done.
View Quote

Yep. Meets all the requirements.
[b]GOOD JOB[/b] [^]
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 6:25:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Hmm I didn't know you could use dry ice for that. Ya learn something new every day.

My favorite thing to do is to throw about 3 cups of crushed ice and water into a blender along with enough lemonade mix to make a quart of lemonade...blend it up real well, and just suck the whole thing down (not all in one drink, talk about major brain freeze!).
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 6:28:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Anyone know of any other uses for dry ice? I put some in my lemonade, but I still have a couple pounds of it in my freezer, and I can't imagine up another use for it...

Shawn
View Quote

It makes a nice smoky effect when you are putting all your gear on and posing in the mirror.[;)]
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 6:57:15 PM EDT
[#6]
[i]I used some dry ice semi-successfully to remove some hail damage[/i]

Can you explain this please?  Remove hail damage from what?
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 7:12:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 7:14:21 PM EDT
[#8]
Nice pic.  I see I'm not the only one with a "shankton" 30 rdr FAL mag.[:D]
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 7:19:33 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Started cooking some chicken nuggets and decided I'd throw them in the oven... The microwave makes the nuggets squishy, and it turns out the Texas Toast and the nuggets both cook at 425 degrees for 7-8 minutes...

I put it in the oven, and realized I could redeem myself from my rushed and poor showing last time.

For dinner: Texas Toast and Chicken Nuggets dipped in Walmart's hottest BBQ sauce and Minute Maid lemonade with dry ice providing a smooth carbonation. (Tornado hit here last night, and I used some dry ice semi-successfully to remove some hail damage)

[url]http://www.gunsnet.net/album/data/500/5270Nugget-Dinner.jpg[/url]

Protection: IAI M444 FAL w/Kobra sight, 2 Makarovs (can't shoot for shit with my left hand, but if I go down, I gotsta go down looking badass), Smith and Wesson knife, Stanley tape measure (the big tape measure was at the bottom of my drawer and I didn't want to dig for it). The binocs are 7x40 Zeiss optics, perfect for spotting tangos across the apartment.

Shawn
View Quote

:::Golf clap:::

[:D]
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 7:34:01 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
[i]I used some dry ice semi-successfully to remove some hail damage[/i]

Can you explain this please?  Remove hail damage from what?
View Quote

Dry ice is supposed to take out minor dings in the metal of a car. In theory it contracts the metal, and as the metal contracts, the dent goes away.

I tried the Dry Ice thing after work. It cost me $10 for the ice, and a little bit of my pride as I stood outside by my car with a glove on in my shorts, holding the ice up against the car. It kinda worked. On the roof, after I left the ice there for a while, I picked up the ice, and the roof looked perfect. That is, until it heated up. Then it went back to being dented. Not that badly dented though. I should have taken before and after pics to judge. The other dents didn't change much with application or after I took off the ice.

BTW, the magazine in the FAL is a 35 rounder. A guy at AK.net was making them a while back. He made me 2 35 rnders and a 50 rounder.

Shawn
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 7:45:06 PM EDT
[#11]
Yep, I got a couple of his 30 rdrs.  Nice mags.
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 7:52:17 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 9:35:05 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Been a while since I looked at one of these... What's with the tape measure?  Never used to have those.
View Quote

Hey..... [>:/]

What is the deal with that?

Not sure why I put it in there, that's the rules... wouldn't want to break the rules now wouldja?

Shawn
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 11:18:43 AM EDT
[#14]
Did you just ask about uses for dry ice?!?

[b]WooooHooo, boy!  Let me tell you what WE do with dry ice![/b]

Take an empty plastic 2 liter Coke bottle, and stuff a few chunks of dry ice through the neck.

Make sure you cover the bottom of the bottle fairly well.

Take the bottle out into the yard, with a cup of water.

Have the cap handy.

Pour about 4-6 ounces of water into the bottle, and replace the cap tightly.

Stand back and hold your ears!  

Depending on how fine the dry ice is in the bottle, and how much water you use, the time till the blast will vary!  I have never seen them detonate sooner than 10 seconds, One time we had one fail to detonate because we didn't use quite enough ice.  We shot that one with a BB gun.

(Don't use dry ice dust, or tiny chips, as they will boil too quickly.  Use larger pieces, about the size of a dice.  You don't need that much water, but you do need enough to prevent the mixture from completely freezing.  A little dry ice goes a LOOONG way.  20oz, 12oz bottles, and 1 liter bottles also work)

Be careful and have fun!
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 11:40:13 AM EDT
[#15]
You have mastered the dinner pic [hail]
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 11:57:19 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 6:30:36 PM EDT
[#17]
[b]AWOB?[/b]

CHECK!!!!!!!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top