Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
10/20/2017 1:01:18 AM
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 10/3/2005 7:03:42 AM EDT
I revived my sorry grill last night. I wire brushed the grates, then went inside and cleaned them up with a bunch of SOS pads. I then fried up 2 lbs of bacon and used the drippings to re season the grates. My cook and dishwasher is in California visiting family, leaving me to fend for myself. A quick glance around the kitchen yielded a bottle of wine and some ribeye. I needed a way to get rid of 2lbs of bacon, so I figured that tossing them in some mashed potatoes would be tasty. Believe it or not, I've never actually made mashed potatoes from scratch. This was a first. They were pretty damn tasty, if I do say so myself. This cooking thing is new to me.

I decided to try making a rub for the ribeye. I mixed up a little coarse sea salt, dark brown sugar, paprika, black pepper, garlic powder, dried onion, cayenne pepper, and some celery seeds. It turned out pretty well, but I think the paprika was getting in the way of an otherwise excellent steak. I'll have to adjust a little next time.

Here's a shot on the grill:

And here's a shot on the dinner table:

Note the overwhelming evidence of a missing female critter. I'm told my silverware is on the wrong side of the plate, and that you're not supposed to use a martini glass for wine.

Link Posted: 10/3/2005 7:15:12 AM EDT
No stapler-1, as you noted red wine in a Martini glass is a no no ,another -1. Still a solid 8.
Ps I like the smokes and extra mags.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 7:22:54 AM EDT
No extra mags for the pistol?
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 7:24:46 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Zack3g:

Nope.

I'm also missing a tactical knife and some reading material.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 7:25:59 AM EDT
Celery seed in a rub?
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 7:32:21 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Burley:
Celery seed in a rub?

Really? Why not? It was just a touch, and I thought it was pretty tasty.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 7:33:44 AM EDT

Originally Posted By SubnetMask:

Originally Posted By Zack3g:

Nope.

I'm also missing a tactical knife and some reading material.

The butter knife looks pretty tactical to me..and you can always read the wine label. But pistol mags man..you really need those!
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 7:35:22 AM EDT

Originally Posted By SubnetMask:

Originally Posted By Burley:
Celery seed in a rub?

Really? Why not? It was just a touch, and I thought it was pretty tasty.

If you're going to use it, grind it first.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 7:57:18 AM EDT
- 1 for the cigarettes and ash tray

Top Top