Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
1/25/2018 7:38:29 AM
Posted: 8/13/2002 3:41:48 AM EST
Digital cable has just become available in my area and I am debating whether to upgrade over my basic cable. Is the picture quality noticably better with digital cable (the company claims it is)? I would like to hear it from those of you who have experienced it. I do have a 36" Sony Wega XBR TV and someone told me that digital cable and DVDs look great on this set. I appreciate any opinions. AR_Shorty
Link Posted: 8/13/2002 3:53:29 AM EST
Yes, the picture quality is noticeably better. I imagine that on your WEGA, it will look even better than it does on my Panasonic. DVDs on a WEGA are simply a sight to behold. The only thing I don't like is the damn set-top box that comes with digital cable. the_reject
Link Posted: 8/13/2002 4:01:03 AM EST
Link Posted: 8/13/2002 4:02:44 AM EST
Thanks for your input. I look forward to the better picture as well as the huge channel selection.
Link Posted: 8/13/2002 4:33:27 AM EST
Forget cable. Dish Network is a far cheaper and better solution. I believe there is a quality & price advantage.
Link Posted: 8/13/2002 8:07:04 AM EST
The only thing that bugs me about the digital cable is the delay that happens sometimes when changing channels (happens on sat, also). I tried Sat, but the picture quality is better with cable (IMHO). Also I don't have to worry about a tree growing in the path of dish to sattelite, and rain doesn't mess with the signal. I too have a Sony Wega... god I love this TV! It is one of the first gen Wega, but it still ROCKS.
Top Top