Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/13/2002 4:41:48 AM EDT
Digital cable has just become available in my area and I am debating whether to upgrade over my basic cable.  Is the picture quality noticably better with digital cable (the company claims it is)?  I would like to hear it from those of you who have experienced it.  

I do have a 36" Sony Wega XBR TV and someone told me that digital cable and DVDs look great on this set.

I appreciate any opinions.
AR_Shorty
Link Posted: 8/13/2002 4:53:29 AM EDT
[#1]
Yes, the picture quality is noticeably better.  I imagine that on your WEGA, it will look even better than it does on my Panasonic.

DVDs on a WEGA are simply a sight to behold.

The only thing I don't like is the damn set-top box that comes with digital cable.

the_reject
Link Posted: 8/13/2002 5:01:03 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/13/2002 5:02:44 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for your input.  I look forward to the better picture as well as the huge channel selection.
Link Posted: 8/13/2002 5:33:27 AM EDT
[#4]
Forget cable. Dish Network is a far cheaper and better solution.

I believe there is a quality & price advantage.
Link Posted: 8/13/2002 9:07:04 AM EDT
[#5]
The only thing that bugs me about the digital cable is the delay that happens sometimes when changing channels (happens on sat, also).

I tried Sat, but the picture quality is better with cable (IMHO). Also I don't have to worry about a tree growing in the path of dish to sattelite, and rain doesn't mess with the signal.

I too have a Sony Wega... god I love this TV! It is one of the first gen Wega, but it still ROCKS.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top