Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 5/19/2002 3:10:23 AM EST
I was told by the ATF that I need both a Type 01 and 07 to deal and manufacture firearms. I was under the impression that a type 07 could do anything a type 01 could, plus manufacture. Does anyone have any insight to this? THANKS
Link Posted: 5/19/2002 3:25:57 AM EST
Link Posted: 5/19/2002 5:43:55 AM EST
Thanks for the reply, I already had looked at the ATF site. There is still some unanswered questions though. If you have a Type 07, does that mean you can only deal in the types of firearms you manufacture? Example I am manufacturing AR-15 style weapons does that mean I cannot deal in Heckler & Koch firearms? I was under the impression to deal in all types, those not associated with your manufacturing type you would also need a Type 01 FFL. Any additional input would be helpful. THANKS
Link Posted: 5/19/2002 6:28:57 AM EST
If I recall, "07" can do "01" activities. "07" allows you manufacture NON-NFA stuff, but you would need a "SOT" (02) to manufacture NFA, and this would allow you to do (03) activities. 01 FFL- regular firearm sale 07 FFL- manufacture ammo and regular firearm, and sales 02 SOT- manufacture NFA and sell NFA 03 SOT- sell NFA (class 3 dealer)
Link Posted: 5/19/2002 8:43:21 AM EST
Type 01 - dealer Type 02 - dealer (pawnbroker) Type 03 - C&R collector Type 06 - mfg of ammo Type 07 - mfg (includes 01 and 06 privs) Type 10 - mfg of destructive devices (includes 01, 07 privs) Class 1 SOT - importer of NFA firearms (includes C3 privs) Class 2 SOT - mfg of NFA firearms (includes C3 privs) Class 3 SOT - dealer in NFA firearms There are more license types than I've listed, but those are the most common An 07 or 10 FFL can have a C1, C2 or C3 SOT An 01 or 02 FFL can have a C3 SOT An 03 FFL (C&R) cannot get a SOT
Top Top