Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 4/28/2009 3:32:06 AM EDT
My "friend" is intrested in a girl and she is smoking hot.

It was noticed she has a "pimple" on her lip.

Is there anyway to tell if its a pimple or teh Herpes?

As far as I know the pimple appeared recently.

Pics are going to be hard to get so I cant promise those but I will try so no need to ask.

Link Posted: 4/28/2009 3:34:45 AM EDT
[#1]
Since pimples on lips are so common, it's going to be hard to tell.

Link Posted: 4/28/2009 3:35:32 AM EDT
[#2]
I've gotten a lot of pimples in my years...but I have yet to ever get one on my lips.  I've got to say, my money is on the herpes.

But hey...I've seen the commercials...people with herpes have all sorts of fun.
Link Posted: 4/28/2009 3:36:44 AM EDT
[#3]
Which lips are we talking about here?
Link Posted: 4/28/2009 3:36:45 AM EDT
[#4]
which set of lips

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHH   BAM

j/k    i think the herp "cold sore" defenatly shouldnt look like a pimpl..  but i could be wrong..i dont have the aids
Link Posted: 4/28/2009 3:47:38 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Link Posted: 4/28/2009 3:49:05 AM EDT
[#6]
Considering 80% of the population has Herpes 1 (oral version) it's a good chance that is what it is.

Some people have the virus and never show any signs of it.  No big deal.
Link Posted: 4/28/2009 3:57:16 AM EDT
[#7]
If it looks like a cold sore (herpes) not a pimple, then it's chirpys and it's untweetable.
Link Posted: 4/28/2009 4:12:34 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Considering 80% of the population has Herpes 1 (oral version) it's a good chance that is what it is.

Spoken Like a true 80%er vs. the careful maybe lucky 20%.

Yes I dumped a young lady because she had em.

No cold sores here. I am also older now would probably take hotness into consideration nowadays.

Link Posted: 4/28/2009 4:13:29 AM EDT
[#9]

so we should awl be safe, righ?
Link Posted: 4/28/2009 4:14:09 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 4/28/2009 4:18:55 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:

No cold sores here. I am also older now would probably take hotness into consideration nowadays.

it's more like 90+%, but only ~50% of people with HSV1 get cold sores.  Even if you don't get cold sores, you still probably have HSV1, even up on that high horse.

To the op, a cold sore is on the lip (called the vermillion border), while a pimple will be on the skin.  If it's close to the border, to tell where it is, you may have to look very closely.  fwiw, a cold sore can look like a bunch of small bubbles that then pop while a pimple will just be a single bubble.
Link Posted: 4/28/2009 4:19:21 AM EDT
[#12]
Some people get blackheads around their lips and they turn into pimples.  I've got one on my upper lip right now.  Just examine her face for blackheads and if shes gottem, its probably not herpes.
Link Posted: 4/28/2009 4:25:21 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Some people get blackheads around their lips and they turn into pimples.  I've got one on my upper lip right now.  Just examine her face for blackheads and if shes gottem, its probably not herpes.

Ok, now I'm feeling ill.

Link Posted: 4/28/2009 4:26:35 AM EDT
[#14]
could be a pimple

the simple solution is ask her if you can pop it

Link Posted: 4/28/2009 4:29:14 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

it's more like 90+%, but only ~50% of people with HSV1 get cold sores.  Even if you don't get cold sores, you still probably have HSV1, even up on that high horse.

To the op, a cold sore is on the lip (called the vermillion border), while a pimple will be on the skin.  If it's close to the border, to tell where it is, you may have to look very closely.  fwiw, a cold sore can look like a bunch of small bubbles that then pop while a pimple will just be a single bubble.

+1000
Link Posted: 4/28/2009 4:30:42 AM EDT
[#16]
Eject!!!
Link Posted: 4/28/2009 4:41:37 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yup, my brother got cold sores when he was a baby (very very bad cold sores) I'm not sure how he originally got HSV-1 but almost everybody I know has had cold sores at one point in their life (yes including me).
Link Posted: 4/28/2009 4:41:45 AM EDT
[#18]
Pimples are usually on thr border between lips & skin. While herpes is actually on the lips. Either way its usually pretty easy to distinguish one from the other.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 4/28/2009 4:45:33 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yup, my brother got cold sores when he was a baby (very very bad cold sores) I'm not sure how he originally got HSV-1 but almost everybody I know has had cold sores at one point in their life (yes including me).

My theory is that dentists are the biggest spreaders.
Link Posted: 4/28/2009 4:48:27 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

My theory is that dentists are the biggest spreaders.

Darn! I knew I shouldn't have gone to the dentist when I was little!!! I told my mom but would she listen... NO!
Link Posted: 4/28/2009 4:50:52 AM EDT
[#21]
Either way its nasty.

For the record, while I played football, I'd get acne from where my chin guard rubbed my chin and kept getting dirt rubbed directly into my skin mixed with the sweat/grime that accumulates in a chin guard. breakouts galore. I'd get a pimple every now and then near my lower lip, but actually on my skin.
I finally went to a dermatologist that told me to grow a beard if possible, voila', the acne problem went away for the most part. I've had good skin since then and a beard (which I shave off occasionally in the summer time).

Link Posted: 4/28/2009 4:53:19 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Either way its nasty.

For the record, while I played football, I'd get acne from where my chin guard rubbed my chin and kept getting dirt rubbed directly into my skin mixed with the sweat/grime that accumulates in a chin guard. breakouts galore. I'd get a pimple every now and then and even had a few near my lower lip, but actually on my skin.
I finally went to a dermatologist that told me to grow a beard if possible, voila', the acne problem went away for the most part. I've had good skin since then and a beard (which I shave off occasionally in the summer time).

So are you suggesting the OP tell this girl to grow a beard?
Link Posted: 4/28/2009 4:53:57 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

LOL

To the OP: go for it.  Hopefully whatever disease she gives you makes you sterile.
Link Posted: 4/28/2009 4:54:38 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Either way its nasty.

For the record, while I played football, I'd get acne from where my chin guard rubbed my chin and kept getting dirt rubbed directly into my skin mixed with the sweat/grime that accumulates in a chin guard. breakouts galore. I'd get a pimple every now and then and even had a few near my lower lip, but actually on my skin.

So are you suggesting the OP tell this girl to grow a beard?

uh, yeah!

Step 1   Bearded lady
Step 2  . . .
Step 3   PROFIT!!!

Link Posted: 4/28/2009 4:57:08 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Either way its nasty.

For the record, while I played football, I'd get acne from where my chin guard rubbed my chin and kept getting dirt rubbed directly into my skin mixed with the sweat/grime that accumulates in a chin guard. breakouts galore. I'd get a pimple every now and then near my lower lip, but actually on my skin.

I'm gonna try that.  I can never make it past the awkward beginning stages of a beard.  Maybe I'll just do a goatee.
Link Posted: 4/28/2009 4:58:05 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Eject!!!

all over her face and it should help.
Link Posted: 4/28/2009 5:07:09 AM EDT
[#27]
Check for hair tongue.
Link Posted: 4/28/2009 5:08:41 AM EDT
[#28]
A few doctors visits I'd say.
Link Posted: 4/28/2009 5:12:04 AM EDT
[#29]
Dude, a cold sore and a pimple look quite different...

A cold sore is caused by one type of herpes virus, but it's not necessarily caused by the same type that causes the condition 'herpes' as you know it.   It's the same thing as HPV.  If you've ever had a wart, you've got HPV, but this doesn't mean you have genetal warts...
Link Posted: 4/28/2009 5:16:34 AM EDT
[#30]
If it's on the actual lip, like many people have said, it's a cold sore. If it's right at the edge of the lip it's just a zit. People who are afraid of cold sores are pretty funny. Big macho gun owners here, down with the man!!! Oh, but if you have a cold sore I'm afraid I'll have to run away.
My wife gets cold sores every now and then, and yes I've kissed her when she has had them, and no I never get them, I probably have the virus but just not affected by it.

You should definitely run away though.
Link Posted: 4/28/2009 5:16:50 AM EDT
[#31]
One is a raised red bump with a small head in the center (usually white from the pus inside).

One is a clear vesicle, or group of vesicles (clear fluid-filled blister) on a flatter red base.  Once the vesicle ruptures, it will crust over.

Visibly, you might be able to tell the difference, depending on the stage of the respective lesions.
Link Posted: 4/28/2009 6:01:45 AM EDT
[#32]
I get cold sores on the skin near my lips more often than I actually get one on my lip.  I've gotten pimples in the same place.  When one first starts to flare up, sometimes even I have a hard time telling which it is.  I always hope it's a pimple, because if it's a coldsore, that's two weeks I can't kiss my wife.  

Valtrex is the shiznit, BTW.  Went from 8-10 sores in one year to 1 sore in the last two.  
Link Posted: 4/28/2009 7:00:40 AM EDT
[#33]
You DO know that there is a difference between how you get 'Herpes' the STD, and the variant of the same virus that causes cold sores, right?
Link Posted: 4/28/2009 7:12:19 AM EDT
[#34]

Link Posted: 4/28/2009 7:37:17 AM EDT
[#35]
Herpes on the lip will end up on your dick at some point . I would consider eject unless you want to be ribbed for her pleasure
Link Posted: 4/28/2009 9:06:12 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

It's only about 25-30% who have either HSV1 or HSV2 *anywhere*.  Oral, genital, skin, anywhere on the body.

If you're thinking chickenpox (which is another herpes type virus), then 80% is reasonable, but not for the two variants that everyone thinks of as "herpes" in common parlance.
Link Posted: 4/28/2009 9:09:19 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
You DO know that there is a difference between how you get 'Herpes' the STD, and the variant of the same virus that causes cold sores, right?

And once again, Dave_A shows his ignorance.

HSV1 and HSV2 are different strains, but either one can infect anyone anywhere.  And there is no difference whatsoever in how they are transmitted.
Link Posted: 4/28/2009 9:10:48 AM EDT
[#38]
In on 1
Link Posted: 4/28/2009 9:21:09 AM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 4/28/2009 9:22:01 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Quoted:

HSV1 and HSV2 are different strains, but either one can infect anyone anywhere.  And there is no difference whatsoever in how they are transmitted.

To clarify for you:

1) Same virus = 'Both are Herpes'... In the same sense that 'Bird Flu' and 'Swine Flu' are both 'Flu'.

2) Method of transmission: While it is possible to have GH on your mouth, the point of that statment is that just because one has cold sores does not mean that they got them by sexual transmission, and in general most cases of cold sores are not an STD incedent.

Is that specific enough for you?
Link Posted: 4/28/2009 9:23:02 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Quoted:

HSV-1 is typically oral, HSV-2 is typically genital.

Yes, they can "cross over." Guess how.

But HSV-1 is still typically oral, and HSV-2 is still typically genital.
Link Posted: 4/28/2009 9:23:38 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 4/28/2009 9:27:56 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

This

Its herpes
Link Posted: 4/28/2009 9:28:37 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

1st response and /thread.
Link Posted: 4/28/2009 9:29:28 AM EDT
[#45]
Check her bathroom for whatever damn drugs they use to treat outbreaks or..... make her go get a blood test.
Link Posted: 4/28/2009 9:36:30 AM EDT
[#46]

I've seen pimples near the lips (hair follicles and sweat glands there can produce a pimple if bacteria gets in there)...

But on the lip itself?  Sounds like herpes.  

Link Posted: 4/28/2009 9:38:40 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

I've seen pimples near the lips (hair follicles and sweat glands there can produce a pimple if bacteria gets in there)...

But on the lip itself?  Sounds like herpes.  

Link Posted: 4/28/2009 9:42:19 AM EDT
[#48]
I've never gotten a 'cold sore' or a herpes or whatever

BUT

I have really 'sensitive' skin, so when Im using my electric razor on my face, sometimes (especially around my mouth) the skin will get irritated and make little red bumps. They only last a couple hours provided I dont itch them. I think it happens when the trimmer 'pulls' the whisker instead of cutting it clean, irritating the skin. I always hate going out in public after that because I dont want people thinkin Ive got the herp!
Link Posted: 4/28/2009 9:45:19 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

it's more like 90+%, but only ~50% of people with HSV1 get cold sores. Even if you don't get cold sores, you still probably have HSV1, even up on that high horse.

To the op, a cold sore is on the lip (called the vermillion border), while a pimple will be on the skin. If it's close to the border, to tell where it is, you may have to look very closely. fwiw, a cold sore can look like a bunch of small bubbles that then pop while a pimple will just be a single bubble.

Hey kids, this is an important point... just like the Valtrex commercial says, you can still have herpes and spread herpes even if cold sores aren't present. The site of the virus can be active without any outward indication, hence why there are a ton of people who have herpes, spread herpes and don't know it.

In other words, someone who has never had cold sores in their life can kiss you and give you herpes. Your experience may vary from theirs. Get it? No wait, DON'T get it!

You can get a blood test to check for it which is a very responsible thing to do. I signed a pledge to get tested every six months while I was in college, but they only test for the really bad stuff.  To get tested for herpes, you need to get a separate blood test.  Asking a chick you just met/just started dating to get a test is tougher though... presumably it would be tough to argue, "I'm not going to kiss you until you get tested." Let her know that in your culture, buttsex comes before kissing and see if that buys you some time.

No, honestly, I'd wait and see what happens to that thing. If it's a zit it'll go away like a zit. If it's not, you'll see something different. If you're worried either way, EJECT!!!

Link Posted: 4/28/2009 9:46:18 AM EDT
[#50]
Let me double check the location of the "Bump" I will report back kater if its actually on the lip or the borderline skin lip area.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top