BCM
Durkin Tactical Franklin Armory
User Panel

Page / 11
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 10:58:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By 0002s:
Enjoy the ride.  Not going to quickly drill your way out of this one.
View Quote

Quickly no but we should be drilling. Instead we have a metric shit ton of equipment just sitting getting rusty.
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 10:58:24 PM EDT
[#2]
I guess I'll just stick to my plan. Never let my tank go below 3/4 tank without topping it off. With a full tank of diesel I can stretch about 8 weeks if we take the ole lady's car everywhere and I just drive my truck to work and home at about 15 miles round trip a day.
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 10:59:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By FlashMan-7k:
Oh boy!

Everyone pile on!
https://www.zerohedge.com/commodities/power-grid-operators-warn-potential-electricity-shortages-amid-transition-clean-energy
Power-grid operators across the US warn that power-generating capacity struggles to keep up with demand, a worrying sign ahead of summer where heatwaves could lead to rolling blackouts.

The Midcontinent Independent System Operator, or MISO, operating in 15 states across the US Central region, said last month that capacity shortages this summer due to soaring summer demand might result in outages. Last Friday, California Independent System Operator, or California ISO, outlined energy shortfalls this summer because of heat and wildfires. Texas over the weekend saw triple-digit temperatures in some portions of the state, though grid stability was maintained despite several power plants being offline for maintenance.

WSJ explains grid instability and increased risk of power shortages this summer comes as fossil fuel power plants are "being retired more quickly than they can be replaced by renewable energy and battery storage." Power grids are racing to retire conventional power plants fueled by natural gas, coal, and diesel to green forms of energy, such as solar power and wind. There's also the retirement of aging nuclear power plants.
View Quote

That’s not like a “new” thing.

Renewables will not be able to fully replace aging power generation currently.

Just not a thing possible. The retirement rate of facilities is far too high. But the political atmosphere for building anything else isn’t there.

We would require some true acts of Congress. Not just a presidential change, to get out of this.
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 11:00:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 0002s] [#4]
Originally Posted By RV8guy:

Quickly no but we should be drilling. Instead we have a metric shit ton of equipment just sitting getting rusty.
View Quote

People, Parts…..the will to take big risk

What are things that are missing in the patch?
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 11:00:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 11:00:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Lou_Daks:
It seems like this would also affect rail lines & diesel electric engines, but I'm not a train guy.  Can anyone comment?
View Quote
it will certainly affect the price of the goods they are carrying.
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 11:02:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JRCmx] [#7]
I think all the talk about 3rd world poor nations having famines and 1 worlders having  to pay a lot more for food is BULLSHIT to lull us into not preparing.

I think they are going to go full Holodomor on us.

Go ahead America, buy all the guns and ammo you want. You can't fight tyranny on an empty stomach.
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 11:02:41 PM EDT
[#8]
I let my 300 gallon diesel tank get low because I needed to work on the pump… got that fixed and decided to wait on the refill for better pricing

Link Posted: 5/9/2022 11:02:44 PM EDT
[#9]
Many refineries delayed maintenance during covid retardation and its associated lack of demand.  This is the season refineries typically bring units down for maintenance; Many plants that deferred maintenance are doing it now along with ones that would have normally scheduled it at this time.  There is always less being produced this time of year, but this year produciton is especially low.

Link Posted: 5/9/2022 11:06:59 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By atavistic:
Hearing jet fuel is just as high, and just as scarce. Worry there could be spot shortages with any kind of hiccup, which in this world, is a given.
View Quote

Not sure of price but I can’t get plane tkts from BNA to Abq on Southwest for under 590.  2400 bucks to fly on southwest… what a job Biden has done.
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 11:17:41 PM EDT
[#11]

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FSP0CfjXoAAIh84.jpg

Well crap.

@foxtrot08  and the oil field guys ... anything worth adding?

Please tell me this is just rank fearmongering.
View Quote

Looks like someone wants us to eat the bugs.

Will not comply.
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 11:19:13 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Foxtrot08:

Just not a thing possible. The retirement rate of facilities is far too high. But the political atmosphere for building anything else isn’t there.

We would require some true acts of Congress. Not just a presidential change, to get out of this.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Oh boy!

Everyone pile on!
https://www.zerohedge.com/commodities/power-grid-operators-warn-potential-electricity-shortages-amid-transition-clean-energy
Power-grid operators across the US warn that power-generating capacity struggles to keep up with demand, a worrying sign ahead of summer where heatwaves could lead to rolling blackouts.

The Midcontinent Independent System Operator, or MISO, operating in 15 states across the US Central region, said last month that capacity shortages this summer due to soaring summer demand might result in outages. Last Friday, California Independent System Operator, or California ISO, outlined energy shortfalls this summer because of heat and wildfires. Texas over the weekend saw triple-digit temperatures in some portions of the state, though grid stability was maintained despite several power plants being offline for maintenance.

WSJ explains grid instability and increased risk of power shortages this summer comes as fossil fuel power plants are "being retired more quickly than they can be replaced by renewable energy and battery storage." Power grids are racing to retire conventional power plants fueled by natural gas, coal, and diesel to green forms of energy, such as solar power and wind. There's also the retirement of aging nuclear power plants.

That'll kill the environment, you know. Carbon is a pollutant.

The computer models built to make it look like a pollutant say so.
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 11:22:59 PM EDT
[#13]
hopefully we can pump up those rookie numbers,  hurricane season will be along shortly.
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 11:27:38 PM EDT
[#14]

View Quote

looks like a mean tweet hater
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 11:30:07 PM EDT
[#15]
Diesel truck bad, cybertruck good
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 11:33:44 PM EDT
[#16]
Serious question, should I sell my 2003 F350 with the 7.3?
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 11:33:59 PM EDT
[#17]

View All Quotes
Oh boy!

Everyone pile on!

Carbon is vital to life. But they will ignore that.
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 11:35:56 PM EDT
[#18]
Stagflation will be here before we know it.
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 11:39:07 PM EDT
[#19]
Diesel is $6.86 / gallon down the street from me. The cost of freight is going to be fun to watch. Cant wait to see the trickle down impact to groceries and food items. As if prices aren't fucked enough already.
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 11:39:27 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By JRCmx:
I think all the talk about 3rd world poor nations having famines and 1 worlders having  to pay a lot more for food is BULLSHIT to lull us into not preparing.

Go ahead America, buy all the guns and ammo you want. You can't fight tyranny on an empty stomach.
View Quote
You'd be surprised what people can do on an empty stomach.
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 11:46:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: FlashMan-7k] [#21]
Originally Posted By NunyaBidness:
View All Quotes

Just ask the donners; or anyone from china who lived there through mao's famines.
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 11:54:03 PM EDT
[#22]

Just ask the donners; or anyone from china who lived there through mao's famines.
View All Quotes

I starved a few times while homeless it's not a pleasant experience.  Talking yourself into eating out of garbage cans is a neat trick. It's horrible at first but over time it gets a little easier
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 11:58:09 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By CaliContractor:

I starved a few times while homeless it's not a pleasant experience.  Talking yourself into eating out of garbage cans is a neat trick. It's horrible at first but over time it gets a little easier
View Quote

If it gets as bad as we think it could, youll be armed to the teeth and maybe shooting over scraps.
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 12:00:26 AM EDT
[#24]
Guess I'm glad I didn't buy the diesel Escalade....
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 12:07:29 AM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By macro:
Diesel is $6.86 / gallon down the street from me. The cost of freight is going to be fun to watch. Cant wait to see the trickle down impact to groceries and food items. As if prices aren't fucked enough already.
View Quote

It is already happening as we all know.  I spend most all day today setting behind a computer updating prices.  Some of the things we do not order that often or order in bulk, but inventory is getting low and prices need updated.  Various packaging supplies, (foam & food safe plastic).  Cases of foam trays that I purchased the middle of last year were $31.00 a case.  This years price (so far) $78.00.  But not to worry, The government tells me that the 8% inflation I see is transitory.  They are of course correct, transitory as in a small speed bump on the expressway to far higher inflation.

Calculated using the standard inflation rate:

$ 78- $31 / $31 x 100 = 151.61%.  The inflation rate of the above packaging items is a whopping 151.61%.  151.61% / 8% = 18.95    The rate of inflation I am seeing in some common food safe packaging supplies is about 18.95 TIMES as much as the government claims inflation is.

As bad as this is, we in America are so much better off then a large portion of the rest of the world.  We will have a tremendous recession, and pay a far higher percentage of our income for food and true necessities.  Many people in poor foreign countries will die of starvation over the next two years.
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 12:08:08 AM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By 94TBlazer:
Can't go to zero fast enough.  Let's rip the bandaid off & get the party started!
View Quote

Give it 45-60 days then give the bandaid a yank.
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 12:09:04 AM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By P400:

They still can't go running the heat all willy nilly.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 12:14:00 AM EDT
[#28]
The way that the Biden administration will solve this is to ban heating with fuel oil. See how easy this is to solve?
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 12:20:01 AM EDT
[#29]
How many of the truck bros have thought about trading into a hybrid Rav4?      I would seem like giving in to the libs, but I bet some are getting a bit antsy.
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 12:21:03 AM EDT
[#30]

View Quote

It would also require someone to stop the epa.
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 12:37:17 AM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By daveo:
Topic of interest

@DefenderAO
@Rossi
@01Z­ULU
@viralinsu­rgency
View Quote

Thanks

Yup that’s a created crisis for damn sure
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 12:40:49 AM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By Bayrunner83:
It sounds like what we really need is this war in Ukraine to get wrapped up one way or another so the eurofags can go back to buying Russian oil. That alleviates the supply issues here in the US.

View Quote

Depleting America’s war resources intentionally

If America gets attacked on our land it’s hard for the war machine to respond when you gotta hump everything to include arty rounds

And my typical. Fuck Ukraine fuck Russia fuck China fuck em all.
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 12:42:41 AM EDT
[#33]

View Quote

Dems are pretty tasty if’n you smoke ‘em long enough and have a good finishing sauce.
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 1:07:04 AM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By highstepper:

Dems are pretty tasty if’n you smoke ‘em long enough and have a good finishing sauce.
View Quote

Alabama White BBQ for long pig.

Link Posted: 5/10/2022 1:11:57 AM EDT
[#35]
Soviet Union suffers worst wheat harvest in 55 years
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 1:25:28 AM EDT
[#36]
Soooo... sky high fuel prices and oil field bro dozers are still gonna get sold off?
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 1:28:39 AM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By Lexustech48:
Serious question, should I sell my 2003 F350 with the 7.3?
View Quote

Pics or ban!
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 2:42:14 AM EDT
[#38]
Father inlaw just had 890 gallons of on road delivered to the business @ 6.99 gallon FJB.
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 2:51:41 AM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By machinegunseabee:
I need more ammunition
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/10/2022 4:32:11 AM EDT
[#40]

Someone should create a new gif that starts with pants-shitter laughing and then turns into fiery explosions.  

Dementia joe is doing his handlers' will, destroying America by every single action this admin takes.
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 4:44:07 AM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By Probablynotacop:
This was filling my truck up from a third of a tank today
https://i.imgur.com/4lVvy6S.jpg
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 5:09:54 AM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By xd341:
Diesel delivers everything.  It's the only actual transport fuel.  Gas just hauls people.
View Quote

And grows everything. Tractors, combines, etc.  
Plus throw in the high cost of fertilizer, seed, herbicides, and insecticides.
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 5:43:23 AM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By Oldgold:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Oldgold:
Originally Posted By xd341:
Diesel delivers everything.  It's the only actual transport fuel.  Gas just hauls people.

This all unfolds right at the beginning of the current growing season. How convenient.
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 5:55:29 AM EDT
[#44]
The crooked little tyrants running this country just need to go.
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 5:59:07 AM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By Stutzmech:

Not really, mass and north still use some heat now and mountains still get cold
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Stutzmech:
Originally Posted By whollyshite:

Is that a problem in May?

I know it's going to hit 40s here tonight, but low-to-mid 80s during the day.

Not really, mass and north still use some heat now and mountains still get cold

If you like taking cold showers it's not a problem. That hot water don't heat itself.
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 6:21:37 AM EDT
[#46]
I like it. Less than 7 days food supply in grocery warehouses and retail stores. And now the trucks can not deliver without fuel. It’s going to be righteous.
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 6:23:16 AM EDT
[#47]
We burned 460 gallons yesterday doing field work. Having 1,200 gallons delivered today. Hopefully corn and soybeans keep going up to pay for diesel that keeps going up.
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 6:33:10 AM EDT
[#48]
Wait till the Cheetos fail to be on the supermarket shelves
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 6:33:54 AM EDT
[#49]
We can stop fascism. We are at a point where we can — this is a crossroads, it’s an existential crossroads, and we are people who can help determine which way humanity goes. What a great gift! What a tremendous opportunity, we’re just so lucky. We have to use it with every ounce of intelligence and courage and wherewithal we have, because you’re absolutely right — this is it. This is it.

And I just think that COVID is God’s gift to the Left. [Laughs]. That’s a terrible thing to say. I mean I think it was a very difficult thing to send down to us, but it has ripped the Band-aid off who he [Trump] is and what he stands for, and what is being done to average people and working people in this country. We can see it now. People who couldn’t see it before, they see it now. And we have a chance to harness that anger and make a difference. So I just, I feel so blessed to be alive right now.

Jane Fonda
October 2, 2020
View Quote
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 6:34:21 AM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By Probablynotacop:
This was filling my truck up from a third of a tank today
https://i.imgur.com/4lVvy6S.jpg
View Quote
Needs a new "I did that!" sticker.
Page / 11
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top